How could Prince Harry have coped with his grief? Why it's alright to cry

Started by omshowbiz, July 26, 2016, 07:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omshowbiz

How could Prince Harry have coped with his grief? Why it's alright to cry

Read more: Prince Harry's grief: How he could have coped | Royal | News | Daily Express

QuoteSeeing the two youthful rulers strolling behind Princess Diana's box was enduringly powerful. With their dad next to them William and Harry, heads bowed, walked from St James' Palace in an assembled and exceptionally open showcase of distress. For the young men, who were matured only 15 and 12 at the season of their mom's demise, the memorial service in 1997 was the most troublesome of days. At the time the pair won far reaching deference for the way in which they seemed to adapt to the loss of Diana, killed in the prime of her life in an auto accident in Paris.

source : royalam: How could Prince Harry have coped with his grief? Why it's alright to cry
How could Prince Harry have coped with his grief? Why it's alright to cry - YouTube

SouthernBelle2003

I think harry and William should have both for counseling after their mother death. Considering how the royals acted like she never existed after her funeral, makes me thing that they were not allowed to express their sadness and heartache of losing their mother.I think Harry has  coped better than william over her death.William seems like internalized all his feelings, where as I think Harry acted out at times as way to cope.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Even more so considering the news reports today that the reason he kept quiet was that he didnt want to upset his dad or Camilla. I feel so terrible for him having to hold that in like that,reminds me of the scene in Gladiator when Comitus' sister is afraid to mourn her fathers death in case she incurs his wrath.

Imagine being as tore up as those two kids were and feeling like they had to stay silent. While I doubt Charles expressly told them to do that, obviously his behaviour led them to think that was the right thing to do, man just when I think I cant dislike the chap any more, he sinks to a new low. :fuming: :thumbsdown:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

wannable

It's all good, and better that they are involved in head together, and mental health charities.

I see why Kate helped both brothers, by marrying in, and it must have been constant reassuring to speak up.

FanDianaFancy

WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just  OMG!!!!  Just very sad.

At the same time, CAN YOU SAY YOU ARE SURPRISED?  No.

Luckily, they both had  each  other.
Luckily they had    a few most closest riends to talk to.
Luckily,  PW had  K and her family.
He did seek  her out, say  all the other things you want to say about K, but her family  is close. It is   a  real family. She has those same values  for  having a home and family  life  with hm.

Truth be told, the BRF  family  did  take on an  attitude of  she  never existed. 

michelle0187

if this is true then she's a real piece of _________ (you know the rest) and she had it coming. I'm puzzled by the palace not addressing this as true or false. it might have some effect on harry losing memories of his mother.

Duch_Luver_4ever

:goodpost: Oh, it all doesnt surprise me, I suspected it all along, just so sad to hear it confirmed, first Diana had sadness that wouldnt get talked about for so long, and now her children have had the same fate, so sad, but given its at the hands of the same man, hardly a surprise, but you always hope theres enough of a shred of manliness that hed care for his own kids better than his wife, esp after her passing.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Jenee

Some people - men and women- are not emotionally equipped to raise children. It is what it is, and it seems that William and Harry found their own ways to cope and are still finding ways to cope as they mature into adulthood.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore