Spanish Royals on summer holiday in Mallorca

Started by HereditaryPrincess, July 29, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HereditaryPrincess

The Spanish Royal Family are currently on holiday in Mallorca. It has been announced that King Felipe and his family will accompany the rest of the SRF on August 4, where they will be staying with them for a few days:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hola.com%2Frealeza%2Fcasa_espanola%2F2014072872793%2Fverano-real-palma%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Jennifer

QuoteThe Spanish Royal Family Enjoy a holiday in Mallorca.

by Trine Bregstein | Mallorca Reporter | published: 30th Jul, 2014

The Spanish Royal family are on holidays in Mallorca and what better thing to do on a Sunday than visit one of the many markets that you can find dotted about the island. Queen Sofia came to the market in Artà on Sunday...

Read more:
The Spanish Royal Family Enjoy a holiday in Mallorca | SeeMallorca.com
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Jennifer

QuoteQueen Sofia of Spain arrives at the Calanova Sailing School on August 01, 2014 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

Queen Sofia Photos - Zimbio
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

HereditaryPrincess

Thanks for sharing Jennifer. :) I like it when the whole family gets together at the Copa del Rey. I love how little Irene Urdangarin seems to be so attached to her grandmother. Due to Cristina and Inaki's corruption scandal, life must be harder for them, so I can imagine that this is a much needed holiday. I'll be looking forward to the time when King Felipe and his family join their grandparents, siblings, cousins and nieces and nephews in Mallorca.

HereditaryPrincess

Yesterday, King Felipe and his family arrived in Palma de Mallorca to begin their annual summer holiday. I read elsewhere that they will take part in a photoshoot at Marivent Palace which will be held tonight at 8:00pm. Some photos from their arrival:

King Felipe and Queen Letizia | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

wannable

Where did each depart from? They are driving separate cars...I like the suave smile and wave of Letizia to the paparazzi.

She's so different too when in her private time, her dress sense seems to be that of a modern and cool lady. I almost see her in a motorcycle with those highway patrol sunglasses. 

TLLK

Wannable-I believe that the Queen and the girls arrived earlier yesterday and the King came after returning from Belgium. Another forum pointed out that Felipe and Lenor need to travel separately now just like JC and Felipe used to do.

:teehee: Just had a flashback to the old police drama/comedy "CHiPs" about the California Highway Patrol when you mentioned Letizia's sunglasses.

Jennifer

QuoteSpanish royal family touch down in Mallorca for summer holiday
06 AUGUST 2014
King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain have arrived on the island of Mallorca for their first summer holiday as the country's reigning monarchs.

The royal couple, who ascended the throne in June, brought along their two beautiful daughters – Leonor, Princess of Asturias and younger sister Princess Sofía – for the family trip.

The royals headed straight to the Marivent Palace where they usually stay and undertook their first engagement – an official photocall in the lavish grounds.

Read more:
King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain on Mallorca holiday - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: August 06, 2014, 11:40:12 AM

QuoteKing Felipe VI of Spain, Queen Letizia of Spain and their daugthers Princess Leonor of Spain and Princess Sofia of Spain pose for the photographers at the Marivent Palace on August 5, 2014 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

Spanish Royals Arrive at Palma de Mallorca - Pictures - Zimbio

Quote05-08-2014 Majorca King Felipe and Queen Letizia and Princess Leonor and Princess Sofia pose for the media at the start of the summerholiday at palace Marivent on Palma de Mallorca.

PPE Agency

HereditaryPrincess

The photos of King Felipe and his family are lovely. :vday4: Leonor and Sofia are so adorable. I love how they're wearing the same dresses but in different colours, like they did for their father's coronation - IIRC the dresses they wore to that were pink and blue (but a different shade), like the ones they were wearing to the photoshoot.

Here are some more larger photos from MyRoyals:

Photo shoot at Marivent Palace | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

(The link also shows photos of the family on their way to dinner in Palma de Mallorca)

TLLK

I was surprised to read that this was the first royal photo session at the palace since 2007. It's a really beautiful setting. The family is so lovely and for the first time in weeks,  Letizia looks relaxed and truly happy. I like the way that the couple and the girls greeted the press afterwards.

TLLK

Felipe, Letizia and Queen Sofia held a reception tonight in Mallorca with members of the community.

cinrit

QuoteKing Felipe Takes to the Seas in Majorca

King Felipe took part in the King's Sailing Cup on Wednesday, for the first time since his coronation in June.

Felipe, who regularly took part in the annual challenge when he was the Prince of Asturias, took time out of his increasingly busy schedule to join in the third day of the regatta, which is now in its 33rd year.

Earlier in the day King Felipe hosted an audience with numerous dignitaries including the President of the Balariac Islands and the Mayor of Palma de Majorca, before hopping aboard a boat named Aifos to show off his sailing skills.

More: King Felipe of Spain took part in the King's Sailing Cup - hellomagazine.com

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Canuck

Queen Letizia of Spain shows off her tan in flowing dress | Mail Online

I don't follow the Spanish Royals all that closely, but I was shocked at how thin Letizia looks in these pictures.  I'd read that she's struggled with an eating disorder in the past, I really hope that she's getting help with that again.  I'm sure there's been a lot of stress over the past little while with JC stepping down and Felipe becoming King, but she really does not look well here.   :no:

HereditaryPrincess

^^^ I don't think Letizia looks ill, but I do think she's very thin. I've noticed this in past photos as well. I do think she should start to put on more weight. I think I also remember reading about her having an eating disorder. Crown Princess Victoria also did (she doesn't any more), she had anorexia which she wrote a book about - or at least a book was published about her and anorexia - called "Victoria, Victoria!"

Jennifer

QuoteKing Felipe VI of Spain and Queen Letizia of Spain attend a official reception at the Almudaina Palace on August 7, 2014 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

Spanish Royals Attend Official Dinner - Pictures - Zimbio

QuoteKing Felipe VI of Spain and Queen Letizia of Spain attend a Reception to the authorities of the Balearic Islands and a representation of the Balearic society at Palacio de la Almudaina on August 7, 2014 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
080714 Spanish Royals attend a Reception to the authorities of the Balearic Islands - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Double post auto-merged: August 08, 2014, 07:47:51 PM

Videos:

The King, Queen, Princess of Asturias and the Infanta Sofia, at the Palace of Marivent:

Los Reyes, la Princesa de Asturias y la Infanta Sofia, en el Palacio de Marivent - YouTube

The King and Queen offer a welcome to authorities and representatives of the Balearic society in Mallorca:

Los Reyes ofrecen una recepción a autoridades y representantes de la sociedad balear en Mallorca - YouTube

Double post auto-merged: August 08, 2014, 07:49:34 PM

QuoteKing Felipe VI of Spain receives Spanish President Mariano Rajoy at Marivent Palace on August 8, 2014 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

King Juan Carlos I Meets with Mariano Rajoy - Pictures - Zimbio

Double post auto-merged: August 08, 2014, 07:52:11 PM

Quote06-08-2014 Majorca King Felipe on the 'Aifos' sailing boat as he takes part in the 33rd Copa del Rey (King's Cup) Mapfre sailing race in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
The regatta runs until 09 August.

PPE Agency

Quote07-08-2014 Majorca King Felipe and Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia during an audience with local authorities at the Almudaina's Palace in Palma Mallorca.

PPE Agency

Quote08-08-2014 King Felipe with Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy before their meeting at the Marivent Palace in Palma de Mallorca.

PPE Agency

cinrit

QuoteRajoy Meets King Felipe VI in Mallorcan Palace

The Spanish President, Mariano Rajoy, arrived at Marivent Palace earlier today for what will be his first meeting with King Felipe VI at his summer residence.

The pair are expected to discuss Spain's current political situation and the economy as well as worldwide affairs, including the treatment of Spaniards affected by the Ebola virus.

The head of state was waiting to meet Rajoy in front of the palace, where they exchanged a few words before posing for photographs.

The president arrived in Palma after spending a few days in Doñana National Park, and after the meeting, is expected to stay for a lunch hosted by the King before going on to join his family on holiday in Ribadumia, Pontevedra.

More: Rajoy meets King Felipe VI in Mallorcan palace - Euro Weekly News Spain

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Jennifer

QuoteKing Felipe VI of Spain, Queen Letizia of Spain and their daugthers Princess Leonor of Spain and Princess Sofia of Spain visit "Sierra de Tramuntana" (Tramuntana Mountains) declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, on August 11, 2014 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

Spanish Roylas Visit "Sierra de Tramuntana" in Palma de Mallorca, Spain - Pictures - Zimbio

Quote11-08-2014 Majorca King Felipe and Queen Letizia and Princess Leonor and Princess Sofia visiting the Raixa country house in Bunyola on the Sierra de Tramuntana mountain at Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

PPE Agency

TLLK

I like how Felipe and Letizia typically highlight a place of interest when doing their summer photo session with the girls. They've been  on a train and visited a farm located on Mallorca in the past. The Belgian King and Queen  do something similar with their four children.

Canuck

Agreed, TLLK.  A nice way to highlight local attractions or points of interest.  For the same reason, I liked seeing Will and Kate do George's first birthday photos at one of Kate's patronages.

TLLK

I agree. It's a nice way for the royals to highlight unique places for families to visit while they're touring the area. The mother in me wants to laugh when I see the carefully styled hair, clean and coordinated outfits and shoes. Once this has ended I believe that they go back to being typical kids.

HereditaryPrincess

Some more photos from MyRoyals:

Summer Holiday in Mallorca | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

And an article from the Daily Fail Mail: Queen Letizia of Spain joins King Felipe and daughters for family day out | Mail Online

Leonor and Sofia are adorable little girls. They are getting so tall now! Sofia is catching up with Leonor in regards to height, although I have a feeling that she will stay smaller than her as the younger sister. I agree TLLK and Canuck, it is nice of the family to raise more interest in less well known places of interests. Last year it was La Granja in Esporles, which I visited the year before that.

I read elsewhere that Leonor and Sofia joined their parents and grandmother at a sailing event in Mallorca after their visit to Raixa.

Limabeany

Quote from: Canuck on August 11, 2014, 02:21:32 PM
Agreed, TLLK.  A nice way to highlight local attractions or points of interest.  For the same reason, I liked seeing Will and Kate do George's first birthday photos at one of Kate's patronages.
They don't holiday in the UK though...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

They're actually holidaying in the UK right now.  As all of the BRF does in August.

SophieChloe

No, they are not working for the month of August.  It seems they prefer to tan their bottoms off abroad.   
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

SophieChloe

You might..they won't....they'll be off to somewhere hot. 

Edit : Do you really believe this is their holiday for the year?  I don't  :flower:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me