Harry & Megan - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, March 17, 2017, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

I don't think she'd move before an engagement happens.

Eri

I think she should move to England if she is interested in a long term relationship with Harry ... the Transatlantic relationship they have now would end in disaster if they marry without at least living together for a while ... I will start thinking they have something different from his previous relationships if they survive 2017 and she move to London ... until then all signs point to the fact this will end sooner than his other relationships ...

Lady Deb

^^ I think Meg should move to London when she and Harry think that it is best. As they are in a relationship they will know when it is the most appropriate time to live together.

Yale

They should move in together after they are married.

Jennifer

QuotePrince Harry asked if he is 'happier' with Meghan Markle in his life – see his response

Prince Harry has been fervently speaking out about mental health this week, even revealing that he sought counselling following the death of his mother Diana, Princess of Wales. The Prince has been spilling his thoughts for his Heads Together mental health campaign, but when it comes to answering questions about his love life, Harry is keeping his cards close to his chest.

When asked by Sky News' Rhiannon Mills whether he was feeling "happier" now that he had a certain lady in his life, Harry tactfully dodged the question about his girlfriend Meghan Markle, bringing the interview back to his mental health campaign. "You seem in a really good place at the moment, you seem very focused on what you want to do, but you also seem to be very happy. Is that partly to do with having a lady in your life?" asked Rhiannon.

"I think, I think the point that we've learnt over this campaign is that if you talk, if you're able and comfortable enough to be able to talk about certain issues, certain experiences, then you come out of it a far better person," replied Harry. "But you're in a good place at the moment?" asked Rhiannon. "Yeah, of course, I'm in a good place, we're all in a good place and we want the UK to be in a good place as well," said Harry.

Read more:
Prince Harry hopes his mother would be proud of the progress made in creating mental health awareness – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

amabel

Quote from: Yale on April 21, 2017, 12:56:17 PM

eh?  I'd say  they shoudl be trying out their relationship on a steady basis, if they are relaly thinking of marriage.  They should be discreetly living together for a while

Lothwen

I just think it would be a lot for her to move AFTER they got married.  She'd be jumping into royal life, while also getting used to living in a different country. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

sandy

It would have to be after they get engaged IMO.

Quote from: Eri on April 21, 2017, 08:43:09 AM
I think she should move to England if she is interested in a long term relationship with Harry ... the Transatlantic relationship they have now would end in disaster if they marry without at least living together for a while ... I will start thinking they have something different from his previous relationships if they survive 2017 and she move to London ... until then all signs point to the fact this will end sooner than his other relationships ...
\\

There is no "requirement" for living together first in the royal family. It is their business. Unless the two are committed to a future together, I doubt they would just live together to check off some hypothetical requirement that they live together first. I see no such "signs."

Double post auto-merged: April 21, 2017, 09:28:10 PM

Quote from: amabel on April 21, 2017, 06:04:41 PM
Quote from: Yale on April 21, 2017, 12:56:17 PM

eh?  I'd say  they shoudl be trying out their relationship on a steady basis, if they are relaly thinking of marriage.  They should be discreetly living together for a while

I don't think that is necessarily a requirement for every couple. Kate and William lived together only intermittently. She was mostly living with her parents and spent weekends with William. They did not set up permanent residence together pre engagement. It is up to the couple not some hypothetical "rules."

amabel

Quote from: Lothwen on April 21, 2017, 08:24:48 PM
I just think it would be a lot for her to move AFTER they got married.  She'd be jumping into royal life, while also getting used to living in a different country. 
well not that IMO it will happen but yes.  I would imagine that given she's American as well as not from a family that knows the RF, the QUeen and Harry would be particularly keen for her to spend as much time iwht H as possible before they do get engaged...so that she'll have a solid relationship with him..A  long distance relationship iwht a few bits of being together in between other commitments isn't really a great basis for getting used to normal married life...

sandy

Living together pre marriage is not a prerequisite for a good marriage. It is up to the couple. They may want children and want to get married sooner than later. Sophie and Edward waited and she had some childbearing issues after they married and wanted to start a family. Harry and Meghan are not in their twenties and considering that perhaps don't want to wait a few years living together first.

Yale

I'm excited.  She is American born and raised and half black and will be a British princess. That will be significant and an extremely positive way!!! I read somewhere that Afro Brits are excited about Meghan and the prospect of having the first British princess of color in the BRF. I need to try and find it. Ya'll it is just as big as having the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008. Seriously!!!

LadyLenox

Except neither Meghan or Obama are black.It makes it seem like their white parent never existed when that's said.They are both mixed,not black.It is exciting although not the first time it's happened.

Yale

Quote from: LadyLenox on April 22, 2017, 04:27:03 PM
Except neither Meghan or Obama are black.It makes it seem like their white parent never existed when that's said.They are both mixed,not black.It is exciting although not the first time it's happened.

I am not going to debate this but on this we disagree.  It is exciting though.

amabel

What's exciting about it exactly? She's just a bit different, to some of Harry's other girls.  she's an actress.. like lots of people.. including one of H's previous girlfriends.  What Is exiciting about it.. and I agree that she is mixed race like Obama

royalanthropologist

I get the distinct feeling that many of her majesty's subjects are not quite ready for a part-black, divorced, publicity-hungry, social media-posting, aspiring American actress as a royal princess; but we will wait and see. The monarchy has admitted much, much worse in its midst over the years so I supposed Meghan cannot do any worse. As far as I can tell she is not about to stab Harry in the middle of the night or perform a strip tease at a state banquet so I reckon she will ok.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

how likely is it that any woman a prince marries is going to do either of these things?  Or which wives have done something like this?  I think that Meghan may find adjustment hard if she does marry him.. and that's a reason why I think that he is not ready to marry her and the queen may advise waiting.  She is from a different culture, she's not lived in the UK ever.  She has a career, and actresses generally like to act so giving it up is hard.  Even Grace Kelly, who was said to hate Hollywood found that she missed acting and was disappointed when she realised that she could not go back ot it.. She is as you've said "Publicity hungry" and may nto be able to adjust to the less "Publicity chasing" upper class ways of the British culture..
She is divorced... She's not very young and so adaptable..  IF she's into blogging IMO she has something to sell or she really thinks the world wants to hear her thoughts.. - not awlasy advisable for a royal...

sandy

Harry and Meghan determine if or when they are ready for marriage. She is not "publicity hungry" she is doing what other performers have done since the first movie fan magazine, used publicity. She can't hide out and disappear. I don't see why she is knocked for that. How is it known she is reluctant not to act anymore? There have been other divorced people marrying into the royal family.

Quote from: royalanthropologist on April 22, 2017, 09:41:22 PM
I get the distinct feeling that many of her majesty's subjects are not quite ready for a part-black, divorced, publicity-hungry, social media-posting, aspiring American actress as a royal princess; but we will wait and see. The monarchy has admitted much, much worse in its midst over the years so I supposed Meghan cannot do any worse. As far as I can tell she is not about to stab Harry in the middle of the night or perform a strip tease at a state banquet so I reckon she will ok.

I would not say "many" in this day and age. Unless civilization has backslided. She is an actress and they do use publicity and don't sit home like wallflowers.  PRoduction companies promote her show and they don't want their actors and actresses hiding out.

Kate already stripped down to her underwear with filmy top at University and her photo of her on the catwalk has been seen umpteen times as well as her fashion malfunctions. She is no wallflower herself.

The royals use social media now, even the Pope does. Nothing "sinful" about that.

So she's part black? So what. She and Harry  will have beautiful children if they get married.

Yale

Sandy, don't bother and they can say and think whatever  they want. I am tired of responding to such ridiculous comments!!  I say that only because they act as if their dislike of Meghan and their opinion would make a difference to Harry even if he knew how they felt .

Meghan is American and a black woman a as well as white that makes her unique and special.  British citizens can like it or lump it if they don't approve, because Harry IS going to marry Meghan of that is what he wants to do and all of us know it!  That KP statement he had released  last year basically told anyone in the world that disapproves of Meghan for whatever reason to gotta hell.  And the Queen is not going to tell Harry "No" He cannot marry Meghan. And I would bet my bottom dollar he has already spoken to his grandmother about marrying Meghan.

I am also tired of it being brought up about her being divorced!!!!! Charles is divorced  and he married to a woman who  is divorced and HE IS STILL heir to the throne! Therefore ,that argument and case is CLOSED!

LadyLenox

I'm also not sure why her divorce is continuously brought up as well? Half of his family is divorced and so many other UK citizens.How long will the BRF have to pretend they are perfect when they aren't? Harry is 32,he wasn't going to find a woman his age that wasn't divorced or a virgin.People think another Diana will come waltzing into his life and that's not happening.I can't imagine Harry wants an arranged marriage with anyone.If he begged her to date him then he is her type and he knew that and is still with her.Anyone else's opinion is mute to him so these people can cyberbully her all they want behind their computer screens but it's not changing the fact that she gets the ring.

amabel

Quote from: Yale on April 23, 2017, 01:04:27 AM
Sandy, don't bother and they can say and think whatever  they want. I am tired of responding to such ridiculous comments!!  I say that only because they act as if their dislike of Meghan and their opinion would make a difference to Harry even if he knew how they felt .

Meghan is American and a black woman a as well as white that makes her unique and special. 
how does that make her unique and special?  There are problaby millions of mixed race americans.  She is just one of many...

royalanthropologist

English humor can be a bit confusing. If you really read my last message carefully, you will see that I am actually supporting Meghan. Not everything is literal or to be taken literally.  :thumbsup:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Quote from: LadyLenox on April 23, 2017, 01:23:49 AM
I'm also not sure why her divorce is continuously brought up as well? Half of his family is divorced and so many other UK citizens.How long will the BRF have to pretend they are perfect when they aren't? Harry is 32,he wasn't going to find a woman his age that wasn't divorced or a virgin.People think another Diana will come waltzing into his life and that's not happening.I can't imagine Harry wants an arranged marriage with anyone.If he begged her to date him then he is her type and he knew that and is still with her.Anyone else's opinion is mute to him so these people can cyberbully her all they want behind their computer screens but it's not changing the fact that she gets the ring.
The positon of the Monarch as Supreme Governor of the C of E means that while it is not forbidden for him to divorce, or remarry after a divorce, it is still an issue.  and who says he begged her to date him??  Harldly likely..

Cat00

I also find it absurd to talk about divorce. What's the problem  Meghan be divorced, if several people in the royal family are too? And even more absurd, is to say that Meghan is not so young. Harry is 32, what want? He date an 18 year old girl ?? He's only 3 years younger than her. For me, Meghan is perfect! She will know how to handle the media, she seems strong, focused and mature

sandy

Quote from: amabel on April 23, 2017, 08:54:46 AM
Quote from: LadyLenox on April 23, 2017, 01:23:49 AM
The positon of the Monarch as Supreme Governor of the C of E means that while it is not forbidden for him to divorce, or remarry after a divorce, it is still an issue.  and who says he begged her to date him??  Harldly likely..

Well the British royals don't think so. Charles was divorced, Anne was divorced, Andrew was divorced, Margaret was divorced. Charles married for a second time to a divorcee. Anne married again after her divorce.

Yale

I am going to just throw this out there....

Now no one has said a word especially Meghan and Harry, but if Meghan is written out this season of "Suits" then Harry has already proposed to her and she accepted. I doubt she'd leave that show then he'd propose.  He would want to catch her off guard as to not suspect something to surprise her.  All we have to do is wait and watch.

I think he already proposed and she accepted. They are engaged.