Wales and Sussex friends discussion

Started by TLLK, April 16, 2017, 02:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

A thread to discuss the Wales and Sussex family friends.

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Baby Willow tames Royal party pal Guy | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

Congratulations to the couple on the arrival of their baby daughter. I like the name Willow. Not sure that it goes with Pelly though. Guy leads quite a quiet sort of life now anyway I believe. He's virtually left the club scene and is doing something else.

Congratulations are due too to Palmerston, the cat in the next item down. One rat and 26 mice dispatched in one year on Foreign Office premises is a magnificent achievement. Well done, Palmerston!  (Named after the famous 19th century statesman no doubt.)

fawbert

Thomas van Straubenzee, life-long friend of the Duke of Cambridge, and former husband of Lady Melissa Percy, to marry Lucy Lanigan-O'Keeffe, a teacher at Prince George's school.

Peerage News: van Straubenzee/Lanigan-O'Keeffe engagement
Fawbert

Curryong

Let's hope this marriage will last longer than the one to Missy Percy.

TLLK

Prince Harry's close friend Nacho Figueras launches perfume called 'Windsor' | Daily Mail Online

QuoteNacho, a father-of-four, attended the wedding of Harry and Meghan, and is often pictured posing alongside the Prince at polo matches.

He and his wife Delfina Blaquier were among the first to meet baby Archie, having visited Windsor shortly after his birt

Blue Clover

wannable

Tasteless, no wonder he was kissing a$$ at the Ellen Show after the infamous African Documentary, ''Harry and Meghan are heroes, and should be treated as such by everyone''. 

The blatant association, so quickly after the kissing fest.  :wacko:

sandy

People can say whatever they want. Nothing wrong with praising the couple. I see nothing tasteless whatsoever.

Meghan and Harry are in no position to give them "permission" to use the name Windsor. That would have to be taken to a higher level as a request to get permission.

dianab

Quote from: wannable on December 11, 2019, 02:06:54 PM
Tasteless, no wonder he was kissing a$$ at the Ellen Show after the infamous African Documentary, ''Harry and Meghan are heroes, and should be treated as such by everyone''. 

The blatant association, so quickly after the kissing fest.  :wacko:
how delusional is this couple.... no wonder they think meghan is so famous and popular as diana LMAO... their 'close friends' (aka syncophants) really says all what anyone needs knows about this couple...

charles isnt the only (or the worst) megalomaniac in this family... that's for sure... at least his whole life he's been  surrounded by people who see him as special because his position... but one woman as meghan who wasnt famous at all, her ego is utterly over the top WITHOUT any 'good reason'

wannable

The embarrassment is Nacho at the Ellen show. Straight face saying they are heroes because of their work, and ongoing bla bla embarrassment, plus the woe is them, castle, palace. He almost cried like the makeup artist friend. Ends up using the Windsor name for his plug. Comical   :laugh: xD

dianab

the fact that this sort of people are close to them... makes harry and meghan equal embarrassment(s)

i dont remember any.one close to charles or diana during the war of waleses ever saying people SHOULD hero-worship them!

wannable

It's up to them to talk to the Jennifer's and Nacho's...

The plugging is embarrassing

Curryong

What Niacho says is what he says. Neither Harry or Meghan are behind the couch acting as ventriloquists and pulling his strings.

And according to Harper's Bazaar, contrary to the Telegraph story the Sussexes are just enjoying a break Stateside. They are relaxing. Meghan is not planning operations to do with Sussex Royal at all. So all the imputations of her being 'the boss' in charge of Harry, and statements attributed to her about their foundation by the Telegraph are a load of BS. Like 99% of what is printed by the British media about the Sussex couple.

Meghan Markle Not Planning Foundation Expansion on Royal Break

wannable

That's good news and a relief to their official staff at both foundation and Buckingham Palace.

sandy

Quote from: dianab on December 11, 2019, 09:47:39 PM
how delusional is this couple.... no wonder they think meghan is so famous and popular as diana LMAO... their 'close friends' (aka syncophants) really says all what anyone needs knows about this couple...

charles isnt the only (or the worst) megalomaniac in this family... that's for sure... at least his whole life he's been  surrounded by people who see him as special because his position... but one woman as meghan who wasnt famous at all, her ego is utterly over the top WITHOUT any 'good reason'

What does DIana have to do with it? The media drags her into discussions of both Kate and Meghan. Media sources gush about how "so much like" DIana they are.

How is it known how Meghan "thinks?"

dianab

@sandy it's better you look up at your posts in charles, kate and william threads instead of you feel entitled to criticize my opinions

sandy

Well this thread is about Meghan and Harry and I am pointing out a fact that for one reason or another Diana's name is invoked re: Kate or Meghan by the media, even before each woman got married and joined the family.  I am not addressing you about Diana's name being invoked--but the media and some blogs who continue to say Meghan "wants to be the new Diana." I don't see any evidence of this. Both Kate and Meghan speak respectfully about Diana but neither said they want to be just like her.

oak_and_cedar

Nacho must've had this in mind for a while. Was there no other name?

I doubt that PH and MM had anything to do with this. IMO.

sandy

Some people just like to namedrop. Perhaps that applies to Nacho.

oak_and_cedar

Yes, name dropping royals is good for business it seems. I think he wanted to strike while the iron was hot.

fawbert

Lottie Murray Wells, wife of Jamie Murray Wells, has had a second child

Peerage News: Jasper Simon Murray Wells [born 2020]

Entrepreneur Jamie married Charlotte Fry in 2014, and the Duke of Sussex and Princess Eugenie of York were present.

-=-
Fawbert

TLLK

Congratulations to them on the birth of a little daughter.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

Meghan Markle's friend Jessica Mulroney reveals big plans for royal wedding anniversary | HELLO!

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex will celebrate their second wedding anniversary on Tuesday, and Meghan's close friend Jessica Mulroney has found a unique way to mark the occasion ? by releasing a new bridal collection. The stylist, whose children all played a role in Meghan's bridal party, has teamed up with loungewear label Smash + Tess to create a limited-edition collection of rompers and onesies especially for brides and grooms-to-be.

The collection will launch online on Tuesday and aims to help couples to celebrate and share their engagement news in a fun way, and no doubt it won't be long until we see some Instagram engagement announcements featuring these fun designs.