Sentebale

Started by Hale, October 16, 2010, 12:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

For what it's worth, he did something rather than nothing.

Fact from WHO, 35 million infected with HIV/AIDS worldwide.

TLLK

Wish Harry and staff a safe trip to Lesotho.

wannable

Harry at the Maliba Lodge, it's the only 5 star hotel in Lesotho.

At work with Prince Seeiso

Maliba Lodge (@MalibaLodge) on Twitter

TLLK

^^^Gorgeous location! I can see why it earned a 5 star rating. Harry is a lucky man to be staying in such a beautiful place. Looks like the photographer caught Harry at the right moment as the hotel photo is odd with him looking down.

wannable

Yes trip advisors recommends it and its sister lodge by the river, great holiday destination. The virtual tour of the siight is very helpful, simple comfy looking place. Love horseback riding.

Double post auto-merged: December 08, 2014, 11:11:43 PM

Another pic of Harry at work

Instagram

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

Excellent progress being made on the children's center.

Canuck

Apparently Harry has not been in Lesotho.  From Rebecca English:

Quote@Nal74861325 apologies for late reply. No, Prince Harry hasn't been in Lesotho, I am told.

Twitter

The only place I saw the claim he was there was from that HWalesWire twitter, and she wouldn't say why she thought it was true.  From pictures on the group's Facebook page, it looks like a friend of his was at Sentebale, but no Harry with him.

TLLK

Which should confirm Harry's appearance at the Afghanistan service.

cate1949

he visited a barracks in Colchester on the 11th -

Instagram//

TLLK

Thanks @cate1949. BTW anyone notice the woman in the background looks very similar to Harry's aunt Sophie? :D

TLLK

The landscape architects were able to substitute some plants that would survive in an English summer to fill in for the native Lesotho plants. It was a lovely display for the flower show.

Rebound

^I can see why it won People's Choice. It looked like a lovely, peaceful space and I would love to sit in one of those porch chairs and just watch the garden. The only other one I liked was the perfumer's garden--the concept was very similar.

Congrats to Matt Keightley--beautiful garden.

HsHCharlene

Curryong

I think this is absolutely fantastic, and long may it continue.

Curryong

Some more money for Sentebale. Excellent!

TLLK

Quote from: snokitty on June 02, 2015, 03:02:27 AM
@Sentebale ‏@Sentebale

QuoteOur school bursary programme supports students in education including providing school fees, uniforms & equipment Sentebale | School Bursaries
6 students in our bursary programme achieved such high grades this year they automatically qualify for a university place - congratulations!

Sentebale | School Bursaries
Lesotho's Bureau of Statistics estimates that approximately two thirds of schoolchildren don't complete their secondary education. There are many reasons for this, such as children staying at home to look after ill parents or siblings; families being unable to afford school uniforms and materials, and children living in remote areas being far from the nearest school.

To address these challenges, Sentebale provides bursaries within the community grant programme. These cover the costs of school fees, uniforms, nutritional support and education materials. This not only ensures many children continue their education, it also means they receive a hot meal (often the only food they have all day) and protection in a safe place to learn.
Addressing real issues that impact these students' lives is the right way to help ensure that they can continue their schooling.

Curryong

I think it's great that the Centre at Sentable incorporates the name of Diana in its dining hall, but also that the Welcome Centre there bears the name of Olga, Harry's old nanny.

Olga was an important part of the young Princes' lives during the years when the Wales's marriage was in free fall. I was glad to see William made sure he attended her funeral. Harry was unable to do that as he was serving in Afghanistan. She must have been in his thoughts though as he was in hers to the last. Shortly before Olga died she wrote to him, worrying about his safety.

Curryong

^ That's what riding on strange polo ponies will do for you!

Curryong

^ I've got a feeling that this young girl's life was publicised by another tab a couple of years ago at a time there was a bit of trouble with the administration of the Sentebale charity. I can't remember what the Sentebale people said at the time in mitigation of their seeming neglect of her. Harry would be extremely upset about it, I'm sure.

TLLK

I have to wonder if these scenarios were considered at the launch of Sentebale? The realities of keeping track of patients, providing distribution of much needed supplies and access to healthcare professionals are difficult in a mountainous region where remote villages are the norm.

myidea

One of few person in harry's circle I really like , and often like the other good people around him not treat well

Happy birthday Seeiso
Defamation
Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.
Defamation may be a criminal or civil charge. It encompasses both written statements, known as libel, and spoken statements, called slander.

HsHCharlene

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore