Prince Charles wont lived Buckingham Palace when he become King

Started by sara8150, September 17, 2017, 07:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on September 20, 2017, 04:57:53 AM
Well lots to mention since ive been at work. The bin bags and stairs are two separate incidents the shove down the stairs in 89 at CS wedding, and the bin bags in 92 with johnny's death. I dont know why some seem to refuse to believe falling/pushing and stairs connected with Diana's life, but it was confirmed by Diana herself and others who were there.

A fall down the stairs does not equal automatic hospitalization, I saw my mum fall down a whole flight of stairs and just be bruised, as was the case with Raine and Diana when they went down a flight of stairs.

True, Raine and Diana made up towards the end of her life, and it surely wasnt the best behavior to be sure, but my gallows humor does get a kick out of imagining  a replay, but im sure Camillas clothes will be un bin bagged and stairs will go one at a time, given her brittle skeleton, even I wouldnt want to see her put through that. Although back in the day it would have been a hoot to see Diana and Camilla go toe to toe like Joan Collins and Linda Evans did on Dynasty :lol: :teehee: :lol:

That article about the QM is just shocking, even the most ardent tory could be turned into an ardent liberal after reading that. Also it piled more on the legacy of failure for HM, luckily the brits are such compliant towards their royals otherwise stuff like that should have had ppl out for blood (or at least their hard earned tax money back). Just disgraceful of the QM (and her enablers, HM and PoW) as it had not just a financial but a health impact on people that were responsible to try and keep the ship afloat.

Puts Charles's comment to Diana about more shopping on the Gulf tour in a whole new light.  :windsor:

According to Raine's personal assistant this was her recollection of Raine's condition after the pushing incident.
QuoteRaine's personal assistant Sue Howe recalled how she was covered in bruises, saying: 'She was badly bruised and dreadfully upset. It was not justified at all, it was a cruel heartless thing to do and I think it was Diana's perception of how Raine was treating Mrs Shand Kidd.

'I think Diana was very stressed. This sounds really wrong but she wasn't centre of attention on this occasion.'

Read more: Diana pushed her stepmother Raine Spencer down the stairs | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

sandy

Might I ask why this episode is being rehashed to death. The point is Raine the person who was involved Forgave Diana. She and Diana became good friends and were close. IF Raine can forgive Diana, why are posters still pointing the accusing fingers. It was Raine's call. Is there a call for a posthumous charge against Diana? This is a Camilla thread by the way.

Raine Spencer dead: Princess Diana's step-mother dies age 87 | The Independent

TLLK

@sandy-Yes it has been "rehashed to death" much like the War of the Wales which routinely pops up in so many Charles and Camilla threads.  The bin bags and stairs story is a side conversation that came up, but yes  you are correct that this thread is about BP and speculation regarding Camilla's future so we should return to that topic. :)

Trudie

I totally agree TLLK this has nothing to do with Diana but the bin bag story is a given among the aristocracy that a dowager moves out of the main home to make way for the new occupant. So lets get back on topic and stop using a bad moment of judgment on Diana's part to show how much Camilla deserves all she now has or may have in the future despite her not so lily white reputation as well.

FanDianaFancy

Thanks  Trudie.

Double post auto-merged: September 21, 2017, 07:08:26 PM

Thanks  TLLK.
Thanks sandy.

royalanthropologist

The staircase incident (and it was a serious incident despite all the attempts to minimize it. I am sure the tunes would change if it was Charles or Camilla that had pushed someone down the stairs.) was a light-hearted moment by someone that admitted that their mind was wandering about possible eviction plans for Camilla upon Charles' death. I responded and we left it at that. I think a chill pill and a sense of perspective is in order when dealing with these things. We are discussing multi-millionaires and their choices of homes in retirement. It is not a national crisis.

As for the rehashing of old stories, I am going to plagiarize @sandy as follows: "IF Raine [William and Harry] can forgive Diana [Camilla], why are posters still pointing the accusing fingers?" That is a very interesting question that deserves a thread of its own in my view.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

But it is irrelevant to the thread and the topic has been beaten to death for years. The point is Raine and Diana became close. I posted the obituary with particular attention to Raine's comments about Diana. She did not say oh that horrid woman pushing me down those stairs. She talked about Diana in a positive way. So what's the point of the comments?

It is apples and oranges comparing this to Raine and Diana IMO.  Raine and Diana had a complex relationship and made up. But the point is Diana loathers cannot let it go and I see in comments sessions people saying oh but Diana did this, so why are Charles and Camilla criticized. It is about one woman deliberately undermining the wife and the man courting a young woman knowing he preferred his mistress. Junor took it to the extreme, labeling Camilla the "savior of the monarchy" and mercilessly trashing the late ex wife. ANd C and C cooperated with her. Speaks volumes.

Charles and Camilla can't seem to let it go. Charles and Camilla cooperated with Junor and did a hatchet job on the late Diana. There is such a thing as character assassination and Diana can't defend herself anymore. It seems that C and C have not moved on.  I always said William and Harry are polite and cordial to Camilla but it is not a love fest--William said he understood why Diana did the Panorama interview and he he has shown that he is closer to his in-laws than his stepmother. She was never a mother figure to him. And in another biography I read about Camilla, she had no intention of even trying to be a mother to them which is a good reason why the boys are cordial to her. They are hardly going to spit in her eye. They are civil. I think Charles and Camilla lost some popularity because of the Junor book and Camilla playing "victim" in an interview she did in the Spring.

TLLK

QuoteThe Times stated that Charles "doesn't see [Buckingham Palace] as a ­viable future home or a house that's fit for purpose in the modern world. He feels its upkeep, both from a cost and environmental perspective, is not sustainable." The newspaper also claimed that Prince William agrees with his father that the palace is too big and costly for family life.

Good reasons IMO to keep CH and KP as the prime residences for the monarch/consort and key members of the BRF and to transform BP into an official gathering space for state/official visits and events.

royalanthropologist

Those are interesting reasons although I also suspect that the palace will lose its luster if two successive kings effectively abandon it.

@sandy. The bottom line is this: Camilla is the wife to heir to the throne. If he becomes King, she will be his consort. That entitles her to certain privileges including suitable accommodation, a pension, precedence and a title. It is nothing to do whether or not she mothered W&H or whether they love her or not. It is her entitlement by virtue of her marriage to Charles.

Camilla will never be shoved down any staircase or otherwise abused by W&H. Her luggage will never be put in bin liners and thrown out of BP or any property for that matter. She will never want for money or housing. It was a light-hearted comment that has been blown out of proportion in order to deflect real debate. 

W&Harry will pay her the courtesies that are due to Camilla as their father's wife and their step mother as well as being a senior member of the royal family. They have done that so far and I see no reason why they are going to change suddenly if their father predeceases his wife.

My quote is not apples and oranges. It is meant to illustrate the hypocrisy of condemning people for their past actions but trying to minimize the past actions of others. 

"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

Only one person made the light hearted comment which was dismissed soon after.

I said Camilla would be treated well and Charles will provide for her should he die first.

William and Harry always have been polite to Camilla.

Camilla would need to show deference to William since he would be the one at the top as King (if Charles predeceases Camilla) not the other way around.

The staircase story has been beaten to death. We are talking two different topic. It's another case of Diana did this or that. It does not IMO excuse what C and C did.

royalanthropologist

Who said Camilla would have any problem paying deference to the new king or that the new king would abuse that deference? The BRF knows how to behave during and after a transition. They are not some emotional fuse boxes that try to settle old grudges just because someone is widowed.

sandy

I did not say that. I just stated a fact. And no way would William and Harry be disrespectful of her and vice versa.

TLLK

Quote from: royalanthropologist on September 22, 2017, 11:18:09 AM
Who said Camilla would have any problem paying deference to the new king or that the new king would abuse that deference? The BRF knows how to behave during and after a transition. They are not some emotional fuse boxes that try to settle old grudges just because someone is widowed.
IMO Camilla will be treated with the same deference by members of the BRF and other royal house much like any other widowed Queen/Prince Consort should Charles predecease her. (However she doesn't strike me as someone who is terribly concerned about such matters.) Queen Louise of Sweden was in a similar situation as the step-mother/step-grandmother when her spouse King Gustaf VI Adolf predeceased her in 1965.

Trudie

^ True however Queen Louise was responsible for breaking up the royal couple by being the mistress throughout the marriage. As I said much depends on Charles will and William I think KP will be an option and Camilla does own Raymill herself.

royalanthropologist

The thing is that neither William nor Harry have ever indicated that they are interested in any kind of revenge agenda. That means that the point about a mistress who broke up a marriage is really not a consideration. They behave as they should and will continue to do so. I do not expect well-adjusted young men, let alone a King trying to punish their father's widow in this way. It is just never going to happen.

More likely, William will discuss with Camilla where she would like to stay.  Raymill might be too small for a queen dowager so in all probability it will be Clarence House. BP will be for the king and I am sure Camilla has absolutely zero interest in staying at KP because of its associations.

Charles has already made arrangements to ensure that neither Camilla nor her children will ever want for anything material. In fact, Laura and Thomas have a trust fund for this purpose. There will be no drama about Camilla's accommodation. It will be settled in a civilized manner. The day of vengeance is in some people's minds. None of the people that really matter in this are interested in such schemes.

Trudie

Actually I was referring to the family treating her with the same deference.

TLLK

Quote from: Trudie on September 24, 2017, 09:07:18 AM
^ True however Queen Louise was responsible for breaking up the royal couple by being the mistress throughout the marriage. As I said much depends on Charles will and William I think KP will be an option and Camilla does own Raymill herself.
Did you mean to say that Queen Louise was Gustaf VI Adolf's mistress @Trudie?  She was his second wife because his first CP Margaret had died.

Quoten 1923 Crown Prince Gustaf Adolf of Sweden, having been for three years the widower of Louise's mother's cousin Margaret of Connaught, paid a visit to London and, to Louise's surprise, began to court her.[2] Although as a young woman Louise had said that she would never marry a king or a widower, she accepted the proposal of a man destined to be both
From Wikipedia

Trudie

Quote from: TLLK on September 24, 2017, 03:00:12 PM
Did you mean to say that Queen Louise was Gustaf VI Adolf's mistress @Trudie?  She was his second wife because his first CP Margaret had died.
From Wikipedia

No I didn't I meant to say Queen Louise was not his mistress most royal watchers know the tragic story of Margaret of Connaught. It was too early in the morning when I was typing. :orchid: should have been drinking my coffee

TLLK

^^^LOL I was on my second cup of coffee just now so I understand where you are coming from.  :) :orchid:

Trudie

FanDianaFancy

I know my post was long.

Camilla is not , will never be their mother. She  will not  be The Queen zMother and held so by the country and W and H and their families.

All papers, places, funeral procession for her as Duchess or Queen of England have been taken care of....for whatever the time and case may be.

Same for PC or KingC.

Camilla's things are not going to placed in bags and thrown out. Camilla will never stop W and H from seeing PC or KC depending on his health.

C, PH, PW are  all respectful, cordial of each other and each associating nicely as occasion arises in the public like business people do at work. They are on the job and they do the job well.

Let's honest here,. I do not know why some people in their fantasy cannot be real or honest or ignore the FACTS.

There is no mother/ son closesness, or stepmother closeness . Due to circumstances.....this was not some woman who their father married....someone he just dated in the 1989s, some fairytale love story.
Truth be told...
By the time Charles dies while being King and Camilla,  QofE, 90 something year Camilla will be at her Raymill house  not caring  about King William and PH.

royalanthropologist

As far as I can tell Camilla has never expressed any desire to be a mother figure to W&H. She is not and is not interested in that kind of set up. Camilla has her own family and is quite contended with them.

It is just people who are desperately looking for signs that W&H are snubbing her. Those signs are never going to come. These are mature people, not some kind of emotional headcases who spend their lives plotting revenge.

The fact that William spends time with the Middletons is not a snub. Charles is not the maternal type and does not like children messing up Highgrove. Even Camilla's grand children do not come there although he does engage with them in Birkhall which is more like a holiday home. Likewise anyone that has a son will tell you that once they marry, the family gravitates to the other side. That is just how it is. It is not a snub to Charles or Camilla. Just some people desperately hoping it is.

These people are so ridiculous that they consider it a snub for William to visit his grandmother. "Oh, he is snubbing them because he rode in a car with his grandma instead of C&C". Absolutely ridiculous.

TLLK

QuoteThere is no mother/ son closesness, or stepmother closeness

@FanDianaFancy -I'm not sure if I can agree with you that it is a fact that  the brothers do not have a close relationship with their step-mother. Since none of us are privy to their thoughts and feelings on the subject, I believe that all we can do is have an opinion on their relationship. However if you believe that you have proof regarding their relationship via a statement from either the brothers or Camilla I'd be interested in reading it. :)

A factual statement would be that Camilla is their stepmother but until one of them or Camilla states exactly how things are between them, all we have is speculation.

sandy

They were grown ups when Charles married their stepmother. I very much doubt they have a "close" relationship with her. I would say William has a close relationship with his in-laws but not with Camilla. I think William and Harry are polite to her but they don't spend a whole lot of time under the same roof with her.

If they were that close I t hink William would not have said he understood his mother giving the Panorama interview (that same interview where Diana said there were three of us in this marriage). If he was all lovey dovey with the stepmother he would not have even commented on the interview.

William also said that the children will remember they have Two Grandmothers meaning Carole and Diana not Camilla and Carole. That alone speaks volumes.

FanDianaFancy

Ill repeat what Royal what I said here and have posted over and over.
W, H work with Camilla and all they are polite, decent, respectful, cordial. There will never be any good gossip or breaking rank. There will never any talk of ill will from them  about each other.
Each member knows his /her place .

Sorry for D fans ,but her sons, who she raised correctly in the short time she had, will not break rank and file nor will their most trusted friends regarding Camilla.

Sorry to disappoint those who believe in the untrue fantasy of the Charles Camilla love story and the BradyBunch ,loving family. She nor her closets will never say what the relationship  with WnH is about.

We do have facts before us as proof that all are nice, cordial, and respectful at work. They all work well together in public and are totally professional, business like.

Proof. See pictures of them in public together at work.
Proof. The article that leaked of PC saying he never gets to see his grandchildren.
Proof. W is very close to Mom and Dad ,as he calls them, The Middletons.
Proof. Much to the disappointment of many people, this summer talking about their mother. Read their faces. Etc.
Proof. Each man, W and H, have their own private lives.
Proof.

Well, let's wait and how they will be towards Camilla if PC dies as PofW . If C dies as K and C as TheDowager. Of course all material items are hers from PC or if is KC. The govt will provide RPO, etc for her for life.
W and H do not have to have her in their private lives. If they wish, fine. If they do not, fine
There is no way to see that, in my opinion, because C and C are decades away from death.
My opinion, if C is left as widowed Duchess or  the widowed Q, she will retreat to her private home,Raymill with her family. She most likely won't care. She got all she wanted anyway. Charles, if he should die before her whether he is P or K, Camilla and her children are well provided for in cash, jewels, titles, property, history, link  for her descendants, etc. I would assume PC has Highrove willed to Camilla which after her death would pass on to her family.

Double post auto-merged: September 25, 2017, 10:27:12 PM

TLLK, ok, but you only quoted that top sentence and not my explanation.