Author Topic: Boomerang Burrell - Cashing in, AGAIN  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Boomerang Burrell - Cashing in, AGAIN
« on: February 13, 2018, 12:58:23 PM »
Paul Burrell no invite Prince Harry Meghan Markle wedding | Daily Mail Online

The former butler of the Royal Family has hinted he's not expecting an invitation to arrive in the mail for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding.

Paul Burrell - who worked for the late Princess Diana for 10 years - said despite the fact that the guest list hasn't yet been announced, there was no reason he would be invited to the couple's big day in May.

Speaking to Stav, Abby & Matt on Australian radio station Hit105, the 59-year-old revealed he used to change Prince Harry's nappies but he doesn't expect that will be enough to get him on the guest list for the Royal wedding of the year.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:17:42 AM by SophieChloe »

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    54%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
Re: Boomerang Burrell - Cashing in, AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 04:45:52 PM »
I've just seen Paul Burrell tonight on Australia's version of 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!' Apparently he was also on the English version of the show as well! He arrived in camp in Africa with a young English woman who won 'Celebrity' over there, and we had about 30 minutes worth of talk from him about the Queen, the corgis and Diana! I wondered to myself whether he ever gets bored repeating the same old same old over and over again but apparently not. He was also asked about  Charles being Harry's father! Really!!

The following users thanked this post: TLLK

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:34:49 PM »
At this point people should be able to look at Harry & know Charles is his Father.
I don't think Burrell does get tired of it or he would stop courting venues that offer him the opportunity to talk about it. Really I think those years are all he has in his life. To bad he never could move on.

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:24:47 PM »
I wondered to myself whether he ever gets bored repeating the same old same old over and over again but apparently not.

@Curryong- At this point in time you and I could probably recite from memory Burrell's and Ken Warfe's standard responses to answers about the late Princess of Wales and her family. So I doubt he gets tired of these interviews and opportunities to share them again and again and again... :lol:

Online Duch_Luver_4ever

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
    • Favorite royal: Diana, Princess of Wales
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 10:52:12 PM »
Diana's butler Paul Burrell on Prince Harry's real father | Daily Mail Online

Pauls at it again, needs cash after his wedding  :lol: Luckily for Harry, hes started to resemble Charles a lot more post 30, if you see the pics the dM shows of Harry when he was younger he was a dead ringer for James Hewitt, thats why the rumors swirled for so long.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

The following users thanked this post: TLLK

Offline Trudie

• Diana-ites
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    44%
    • Favorite royal: Diana
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 11:04:38 PM »
So Barbara Barnes, Olga Powell and Jessie Webb the nannies supervised while he changed nappies? this man wouldn't know truth from fiction if it slapped him in the mouth.

The following users thanked this post: dianab, TLLK, Kritter

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 06:16:19 AM »
Diana's butler Paul Burrell on Prince Harry's real father | Daily Mail Online

James Hewitt, the former secret lover of Princess Diana, has long denied decades of speculation he was Prince Harry's biological father.

And Diana's former butler, Paul Burrell, revealed his take on the paternity rumours while on Australia's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! on Tuesday.

The 59-year-old confessed who he believed with absolute certainty was Harry's real dad while sharing a chat with his celebrity camp mates in South Africa.

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 06:44:03 AM »
So Barbara Barnes, Olga Powell and Jessie Webb the nannies supervised while he changed nappies? this man wouldn't know truth from fiction if it slapped him in the mouth.
:goodpost: BINGO!!!

I know this is from Wikipedia, but it states in here that Burrell first started working for the Wales at Highgrove in 1987. Harry would have been around 2 1/2 to 3 but I can't see someone other than nursery staff (nannies/maids) taking on "nappy duty."

Paul Burrell - Wikipedia

Burrell entered Royal Service at age 18, as a Buckingham Palace footman, becoming the Queen's personal footman a year later. He was nicknamed "Small Paul", to distinguish him from a taller footman, who was known as "Tall Paul"[2] According to his autobiography, he had received a simultaneous job offer from cruise line Cunard but his mother had burned it because "He'll chuff off on that boat and we'll never see him again".[2] In 1987 Burrell joined the household of heir to the throne Charles and Diana at Highgrove House in Gloucestershire, where he acted as butler to the princess until her death in August 1997.[2] He was awarded the Royal Victorian Medal in November 1997 for services to the Royal Family
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:47:06 AM by TLLK »

Offline SophieChloe

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    64%
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 06:46:38 AM »
P&&s off Boomerang Burrell. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 10:17:21 AM »
Princess Diana's butler Paul Burrell brags he still has royal pals and can get a message to the Queen 'any time' - Mirror Online

Princess Diana?s former butler Paul Burrell has insisted he still has contacts within the Royal Family.

The 59-year-old made the claim as he prepared to enter the Australian version of I?m A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here .

?I can get a message quicker to the Queen than I can to my agent,? he said.

?And she is not on Facebook and she doesn?t have a mobile phone.

Double post auto-merged: February 15, 2018, 12:22:25 AM

The Queen once got accused of farting loudly and trying to blame it on the horses - Mirror Online

On I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here Australia, the former butler shared a story about a case of embarrassing flatulence which happened on a carriage ride.

According to Paul, The Queen , Prince Philip and the Sultan of Bahrain were all in the same carriage.

Setting the scene, he adds "Imagine the picture. I'm sat here, people are singing God Save The Queen, and the Queen and Prince Philip are next to me."

The Sultan of Bahrain had been enjoying polite small talk with his royal hosts when "suddenly, a huge explosion of wind (flatulence) came from one of the horses in front."

Double post auto-merged: February 15, 2018, 01:04:02 AM

Paul Burrell discusses Diana's relationship with mother | Daily Mail Online

He's currently starring in the Australian version of I'm A Celebrity, where he has been keeping fans entertained with his stories about the British Royal Family.

And Princess Diana's former butler, Paul Burrell, 59, has revealed the full extent of her troubled relationship with her mother, Frances Shand Kydd, who passed away in 2004.

On Wednesday night's show, Paul said: 'Diana's mother married Peter Shand Kydd, the wallpaper tycoon.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 01:04:03 AM by Kritter »

Offline Trudie

• Diana-ites
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    44%
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 02:59:34 AM »
 :notworthy: :notworthy:I wonder how much the show is pay him to tell the lies. First of all The Queen wouldn't sit next to him in a carriage he would have been sitting behind her as her footman a member of staff not the family.

The following users thanked this post: dianab, TLLK, Kritter

Online Duch_Luver_4ever

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 03:15:45 AM »
Paul Burrell discusses Diana's relationship with mother | Daily Mail Online

By all accounts just more of Pauls prattling on to some ppl who hadnt heard his stuff before, but there was a couple of things that made me take notice, however a tighter timeline would have made all the difference in the context.

"And Diana always thought it was her fault that mummy had left home. She blamed herself. That's where her anorexia started.

She suffered with it all her life. She punished herself. It's a tough gig, to have her mother walk. She came back into her life later.'"

Now more details would be helpful as it could be looked at in general, overarching broad terms. But it would also shed more light on claims that her eating disorder was evident in West Heath, and all the stories at various times during her schooling about her huge appetite but no apparent weight gain makes a lot more sense.

Paul was asked by some of the other contestants if she ever forgave her mother.

'Yeah. But she said, "My mother only wants me to go to the best restaurant tables in London and to go to Wimbledon."

'Wow... I thought, "Holy, should you be telling me this? But do go on".'

Again, some timeline to this would make all the difference as we dont know if its referring to just after the separation and divorce with Johnny (which makes the most sense in light of the previous statement) or further on, after the marriage to Charles.

If its before the marriage it explains why Frances would have held back any advice or knowledge she may have had about rumors of Charles. Also and in keeping with a woman of her status, she would have wanted Diana pushed towards the best possible spouse to provide those things.

I didnt think Paul would have anything else to say worth chewing on.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Offline dianab

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    10%
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 04:08:18 AM »
she was quite chubby as a teenager particuarly during her time in Swizerland and then living in London with her girlfriends... i remember reading quotes of her former teachers no one saw her as having a eating disorder (or she even used pass out there)... she was known as being good in sports that's opposed to going through a eating disorder... iirc the stories i read, she used eat alot of cakes and sweets with her friends was when she was attending to boarding school in Swizerland (which is completely understandable IMO)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:21:18 AM by dianab »

The following users thanked this post: Kritter

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    54%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 04:14:03 AM »
My memory is fuzzy on the beginning of Mother Burrell's time of service with Diana (by the way I didn't watch 'I'm a Celebrity' last night as I was out, but it's clear he's been brought in to clack incessantly about the Royal Family, especially Diana) but surely he wasn't with Charles and Diana when they were living at BP post honeymoon, was he? I thought he served about ten years with the Queen before going on to 'his' Princess and Boss, having conquered HM, lol!

That remark from Diana about her mother only wanting her for good tables in restaurants etc, sounds to me like it comes from the disillusionment years of Diana's life when her marriage was going to pot and she was being left alone most of the time, not from the years when she had some kind of hope about things. I could be wrong, though.

Frances has always puzzled me. Having been extremely unhappy with Johnny S, a marriage she was pushed into for prestige reasons at 18, she doesn't seem to have had any deep and meaningful conversations with her 19 year old daughter (and a young 19 at that) about what it might be like to actually live with a very much older man with whom one had very little in common. She, like Diana, had been 12 years younger than Johnny.

Instead there seems to have been an attitude emanating from her that 'It's a grand marriage. It will be fine. She'll learn, she'll manage'. Well, no she didn't. And similarly, Frances seems to have been MIA at various crisis points in Diana's life post marriage. I get that she was anxious about her hold on Peter Shand Kydd, who was attractive to other women, but a few afternoons every month over the years spent in catching up with her daughter wouldn't have gone amiss, IMO.

The following users thanked this post: TLLK, Duch_Luver_4ever

Offline Trudie

• Diana-ites
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    44%
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 04:21:00 AM »
Supposedly according to Diana her eating disorder started after the engagement when Charles put his arm around her and joked she ate too many puddings and she felt chubby after seeing her engagement announcement photos. As for Frances she had access to her children growing up and Diana even said her mother had them weekends and would cry the entire time as they had to leave. Frances fully intended to raise her children however her Mother put paid to that as you should know Duch. As for dining and Wimbledon I have only seen photos of Frances attending once maybe twice with Diana during her marriage and dining out again maybe once or twice again Burrell is making up stuff as he goes along.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 04:26:55 AM »
Burrell is making up stuff as he goes along.

Yes he is & only the Naive will believe him. People need to remember he was nothing more than a servant. The Chef has already stated that Diana planned on firing him when she returned from Paris. He was treated as if he was nothing when Diana died from the royals & the Spencer's. Paul better be careful or he will find himself in a tunnel somewhere.

The following users thanked this post: dianab

Offline dianab

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    10%
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 04:27:45 AM »
when frances moved to australia was when she and johnny sent diana to school in Swizerland (where she was QUITE chubby)... but i believe she moving to australia with her kids at school' age showed Frances as very much daughter of ruth. no doubt must have been hard to diana and charles. very selfish and insensitive of her part IMO. her priority obviously was peter. he leaving her when her children were all adults yells KARMA imo

Double post auto-merged: February 15, 2018, 04:34:45 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e6/ab/6e/e6ab6ec3146066aa66e509dff4ec05c6--lady-diana-spencer-spencer-family.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/ae/f1/6aaef19650edaa263d410677522187aa.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/06/a0/d2/06a0d2cf4b42593f8dafac442883be73--diana-spencer-spencer-family.jpg
https://www.arcinfo.ch/media/image/62/base/12353415_1658895017682671_932090951_n.jpg
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:36:05 AM by dianab »

Online Duch_Luver_4ever

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 05:52:17 AM »
she was quite chubby as a teenager particuarly during her time in Swizerland and then living in London with her girlfriends... i remember reading quotes of her former teachers no one saw her as having a eating disorder (or she even used pass out there)... she was known as being good in sports that's opposed to going through a eating disorder... iirc the stories i read, she used eat alot of cakes and sweets with her friends was when she was attending to boarding school in Swizerland (which is completely understandable IMO)

There was accounts of her having bulimia in West Heath, which could explain her appetite there, students used to marvel at the amount she could eat at breakfast and would do dares eating large amounts of kippers, etc. it could also explain the cakes and such in Switzerland, also she didnt like being there. Also there was the time she ate all the meat out of Mary Robertsons stew. But I dont think it was an all the time kind of thing, as she mentioned it was in response to stress. Before she was treated for it for example she would do it much less when she dated James Hewitt, so there were times in her life when it was more necessary than others.

My memory is fuzzy on the beginning of Mother Burrell's time of service with Diana (by the way I didn't watch 'I'm a Celebrity' last night as I was out, but it's clear he's been brought in to clack incessantly about the Royal Family, especially Diana) but surely he wasn't with Charles and Diana when they were living at BP post honeymoon, was he? I thought he served about ten years with the Queen before going on to 'his' Princess and Boss, having conquered HM, lol!

That remark from Diana about her mother only wanting her for good tables in restaurants etc, sounds to me like it comes from the disillusionment years of Diana's life when her marriage was going to pot and she was being left alone most of the time, not from the years when she had some kind of hope about things. I could be wrong, though.

Frances has always puzzled me. Having been extremely unhappy with Johnny S, a marriage she was pushed into for prestige reasons at 18, she doesn't seem to have had any deep and meaningful conversations with her 19 year old daughter (and a young 19 at that) about what it might be like to actually live with a very much older man with whom one had very little in common. She, like Diana, had been 12 years younger than Johnny.

Instead there seems to have been an attitude emanating from her that 'It's a grand marriage. It will be fine. She'll learn, she'll manage'. Well, no she didn't. And similarly, Frances seems to have been MIA at various crisis points in Diana's life post marriage. I get that she was anxious about her hold on Peter Shand Kydd, who was attractive to other women, but a few afternoons every month over the years spent in catching up with her daughter wouldn't have gone amiss, IMO.

:goodpost: @Curryong  thats what I've always been saying about her, but she seems to get a huge pass in the story of Diana. Burell would have had only a slice of time he was there directly, but im sure she told him quite a bit about various times of her life. What he's telling us of course, may or may not be true.

I also thought of that as well about the timing of the remark about restaurants and Wimbeldon. The pacing in which it shows in the story suggests it could be pre marriage, which would add a level of complexity over the whole man vs position thing. It doesnt make Diana bad, but it does add some grey to the whole babe in the woods gets totally surprised and taken for a ride by the evil husband.

One could say it was post marriage as thats when she went to Wimbeldon the most, also it could have been when she would have commiserated about her marriage with her mum, and she may have given that as an answer to why she thought it would work out. Parents do tend to want the best as they see it for their kids, but like you said she sure didnt do a good job of preparing Diana.

Yes he is & only the Naive will believe him. People need to remember he was nothing more than a servant. The Chef has already stated that Diana planned on firing him when she returned from Paris. He was treated as if he was nothing when Diana died from the royals & the Spencer's. Paul better be careful or he will find himself in a tunnel somewhere.

Burell was more than just a servant at the end in the sense of having a distinct, compartmentalized role like most servants, as she pared down her staff, he was used to fill multiple roles and she did confide in him, although if she did as much as he says is up for debate.

"The Chef" is just as skeptical a source as Burell and they had no love for each other. As for being shown the door after Dianas death, the same happened to Backstairs Billy, so if it could happen to him after as many years as he put in with the QM, Burell didnt stand a chance. He did have either enough dirt or goodwill built with the royals to get him out of his trial for stolen goods.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 06:07:55 AM »
Burrell was a servant & Diana would not have confided so much in a servant. When one is constantly looking for fault in Diana they will find it. Ooh that's right Diana was a woman.

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 06:20:20 AM »
Burell was more than just a servant at the end in the sense of having a distinct, compartmentalized role like most servants, as she pared down her staff, he was used to fill multiple roles and she did confide in him, although if she did as much as he says is up for debate.
:( I'm sorry that Diana was at this point in her life when she began to confide in him and the line between staff/friend/confidante became blurred. It must really irritate her sons every time he opens up and shares  these stories about their mother. <_<

The following users thanked this post: Duch_Luver_4ever

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 06:31:55 AM »
Why? He got all of his stories out of other people's books but he has made a living off of fooling the naive.

He was going to sell the items he stole upon her death but he got caught trying to do that. Now he dupes the naive with stories they could get out of a book written many years ago.

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 06:36:05 AM »
here was accounts of her having bulimia in West Heath, which could explain her appetite there, students used to marvel at the amount she could eat at breakfast and would do dares eating large amounts of kippers, etc. it could also explain the cakes and such in Switzerland, also she didnt like being there. Also there was the time she ate all the meat out of Mary Robertsons stew. But I dont think it was an all the time kind of thing, as she mentioned it was in response to stress. Before she was treated for it for example she would do it much less when she dated James Hewitt, so there were times in her life when it was more necessary than others.

So apparently the binge eating started early on in her school years as a dare and likely as a source of comfort then the bulimia got rid of any evidence.  :no:

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 06:39:08 AM »
Diana said it started after Charles commenting on her being chubby.

Burrell said it started when she was in school.

:hmm:  Who to believe.   :hmm:

The following users thanked this post: dianab

Online Duch_Luver_4ever

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 06:42:02 AM »
Burrell was a servant & Diana would not have confided so much in a servant. When one is constantly looking for fault in Diana they will find it. Ooh that's right Diana was a woman.

There were lots of times when she was alone and short of company, as a lot of it was over the phone. Having someone around in the case of Burell, it would have been very hard for her not to confide somewhat. Look at what was said on the settlin tapes, even though she knew shed keep them, she still must have had in the back of her mind that talking so on tape might not pay dividends. So having someone around face to face in what you figure is a private moment while under times of great stress like she was in the early 90s, she would have found confiding in him a benefit, albeit a necessary evil one with being short on ppl.

As for Diana being a woman singling her out for grief from me is preposterous  :lol:

Diana said it started after Charles commenting on her being chubby.

Burrell said it started when she was in school.

:hmm:  Who to believe.   :hmm:

He's not the only one to have said that about the timing of her bulimia, perhaps Charles comment sent it from an intermittent thing to an everyday thing. Look at what her stress level was pre Charles and post charles...big difference. So that could be why she said it the way she did. Also in her speech about bulimia some of the examples she gives sound like they could be from earlier time in her life.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:44:55 AM by Duch_Luver_4ever »

Online TLLK

• Questionable morals
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 06:50:49 AM »
There were lots of times when she was alone and short of company, as a lot of it was over the phone. Having someone around in the case of Burell, it would have been very hard for her not to confide somewhat. Look at what was said on the settlin tapes, even though she knew shed keep them, she still must have had in the back of her mind that talking so on tape might not pay dividends. So having someone around face to face in what you figure is a private moment while under times of great stress like she was in the early 90s, she would have found confiding in him a benefit, albeit a necessary evil one with being short on ppl.
:no: I believe that Diana was rather lonely in the last year of her life and chose to confide in those who were all too eager to sell her out at a later date.

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites