Meghan Markle echo Princess Diana after Royal Visit to Grenfell Tower Victims

Started by sara8150, February 13, 2018, 05:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Meghan Markle 'has special place in hearts' after comforting Grenfell Victims during visit
Meghan Markle echoes Princess Diana after Royal visit to Grenfell Tower victims | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: February 13, 2018, 05:38:18 AM

Meghan?s 'secret visits to Grenfell': Prince Harry?s fianc?e meets inferno survivors 'during two undercover trips to mosque' that is helping families who lost everything
Meghan Markle made secret visits to Grenfell victims twice | Daily Mail Online

royalanthropologist

Maybe I am being cynical but many public figures have visited and sympathized with the victims of Grenfell, including senior members of BRF. Hopefully this will not turn into another "princess of people's hearts" thing. That has already been done before.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

Well, to be fair, it's the Press that is all aflame to build someone new in the BRF up as the 'new Diana'. I don't think Meghan's put that label on herself. And those visits that have happened have been private, with no photos taken.

wannable

Until KP sends them (and many other charities and whatever event) the H&M card digitally autographed/signed with the GBP 56K or USD 70 K dress.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/21/13/477FA6AC00000578-5201959-Prince_Harry_and_Meghan_Markle_have_today_released_their_officia-a-168_1513864313743.jpg

(They need to take another official picture, this one is being mentioned by commentators in the private visits or the alleged destruction of ex past family, ex past friends, ex past dogs, etc.)

I think its cool she is carrying out the private visits and learning from the charity organizations.  I am curious which charity will be taking her as patron, and what will she like to champion.

Kritter

The engagement photo was fine & private citizen's that work for their living can spend their money anyway they want to. The dress also shows that the press is finally getting this fashion icon they are always trying to make Kate into.

Meghan's charities will be about real charitable causes where people in need will receive support instead of the fluff Kate has always chosen. Meghan is a perfect fit for the BRF in their roles & they have been needing someone like her since Diana. Good for Harry in making the right choice in a bride.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Kate has not always just chosen fluff charities...heads together for example
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

@Duch_Luver_4ever - Often times I believe that the general public and new royal watchers are just not fully informed  about the patronages and charities that all of the members of the BRF represent. Typically it is a mix of charities (Marsden, Centerpoint, EACH, Sentebale) and other patronages that reflect the nation's heritage in the arts, sports, architecture, history etc... (National Portrait Gallery, English National Ballet, Rugby Union, Welsh Opera BAFTA). Royals in other nations follow a similar pattern of taking on a patronage or charity that reflects their nation's heritage and culture along with those charities that are devoted the the physical and mental well being of its citizens. For example Queen Mathilde of Belgium might visit a school for disabled children one day and then spend the evening at the ballet the next week.  :)

Perhaps their cause might seem insignificant but I'm sure that those organizations do appreciate the publicity and possible donations that their royal patron's visits bring to them. It might be just once a year, but it could be the one time that they have to share their information. :)
Here is a partial listing of Diana's old patronages and charities. IMO it has the expected number of charities with some cultural patronages. Gert's Royals: Princess Diana's Patronages

Duch_Luver_4ever

Thanks @TLLK for that. As Diana is the gold standard which all royals are now measured against for charitable impact and compassion, its good to see that even she had charities that didnt change the whole world (but were likely very important to those involved).

Also as time marches on, the public tends to focus more on the last year or two of her life, where it seemed she was everywhere, doing something important(which she was). She was able to post divorce to drop a lot of the charities that were sort of an obligation, and that list is a good reminder of the ones she did while a "working royal" in the fold of the RF.

People have to almost look at Diana's charity working life, kind of like an C level member of a company (COO, CFO, etc) while she was married, while she got to do some "pet" projects, there was a lot of "company work" that was necessary, but maybe wasnt the most exciting. After she divorced, it was like cashing out from the business, or retiring and getting to work more fully on projects that appeal to the heart.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Yes indeed @Duch_Luver_4ever and Diana's sons and daughter-n-law and soon to be D-I-L will follow the same tradition of selecting patronages and charities that even though they were small were very important to those involved with them.  :thumbsup:

Kritter

Kate belongs to Heads Together because of W&H. She doesn't involve herself with the needy or the sick hospice children at EACH. She designs tea pots & makes some bad speeches.

New royal watchers can see things that the old propaganda readers don't because they see things through fresh eyes. Kate has no caring in her & the best royals are those that show caring in their patronages & the events they perform for those patronages. All Kate has ever cared about is getting that title. She chooses fluff things to do because she has no idea what it is like to work & take care of yourself.

Meghan is everything that Kate is not & the Monarchy needs someone like her to survive. When the Queen thinks someone is lazy (& she knows their "work" isn't really that hard) then that person (Kate) is lazy.

Kate's fans will pull out all types of excuses for Kate because she has nothing going for her.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Well first, im not a Kate fan, I dont dislike her, im shall we say warmly neutral towards her. The monarchy needs both to survive and both were/are the right girls for their time. Its the hyperbole of saying she has no caring, or only does fluff, that I take issue with, and why im wading into her defense.

First, after Diana and Sarah, the RF partly realized both their mistakes in preparing and choice of royal consorts. They were determined the next wife to the heir to the crown would fit into the plan, and Kate has done that. Yes, shes not the touchy feely like Diana, and her smile looks forced, but shes as able to fit in with Williams desire to carry on his mums work in the new royal fashion, and at the same time fit in with the current clan and not make too many waves.

Now id be willing to bet there was some behind the scenes negotiations amonst her and the family on that, and I bet she made it clear that buying her "less willful" nature compared to past royal wives would mean she wasnt going to bust a lung doing engagements.

So far, at least publicly, shes kept a happy marriage, had 2-4 kids(dont know if twins or not) and theyre set to be raised much better than the past 2 royal generations, and can go out in public without upstaging William but at the same time be interesting enough. She does the state visits yet at the same time can do the new royal method of massive public awareness of tackling on important social problems. By all accounts, shes been an extremely effective royal wife, some could argue even more than her previous generations predecessors  :shrug:

Now weve had enough time after D&S that some "kick" can be put back into the RF, and Meghan will do that. Harry is far enough down the line to the throne that she'll have more freedom to do her thing, and shes more interactive and warm with the public and will be a good match to Harrys more outgoing personality.

Now some also feel that shes worked the angles like past women wanting to be royal wives, and maybe thats so as well, I'll let time play that out before giving her too hard a time on that.

Both royal wives have a mix of wanting the brass ring of royal life and being warm and engaging. The difference is the RF were in two different places when each was courting their man, and each man has different roles and expectations, and I feel both wives are well suited to that role.

If Diana and Sarah had taken a page out of Kates book, theyd still likely be married to their royal spouses.

Kritter

Comparing Kate & Meghan as being alike.   :wacko:

Sarah & Diana were a different time & no need to go on about what they did or how they were treated etc. it has nothing to do with Meghan being a shining star or Kate being a lazy git.

wannable

She will be in the Royal Foundation (with the charities that she choses from the list of charities that request her as patron or president), and will also be member of the Royal Forums (all the charities that have the same causes of the Trio, after May 19 the foursome with whatever charity she works for to exchange and unify funding and the sort).  And she will be added to the Heads Together and the picture of KP twitter will be changed to the foursome.

Any other stuff she does out of that picture or requested by HM or Foreign office will not be included or counted in the CC.  I think she will be doing some stuff in this range like Harry, to fill up whatever she thinks (like Harry, Africa Rhinos for weeks or entire month) needs to be fulfilling.

It will take 6-12 months for an official notice, the couple will be Royal touring, at least to two locations, typically Canada, Australia, although somewhat I think they will be going to Commonwealth Caribbean - Harry did very well in Jamaica, Barbados and also IF she gets pregnant and it all goes smoothly, if not her GP will tell her what she needs to do to have a healthy pregnancy.

Guessing game of she will chose "real charities", which by the way the trio all have "real charities", that some of them are not to ones liking or wouldn't care or give a hand is completely different. That is why there are many worldwide causes fit to each persons, fundraiser liking.   

The guessing of charities is like the supposed none traditional wedding H&M wanted to carryout, which is apparently coming out formatted to royal traditional standards, i.e. to the dot like Peter and Edwards wedding.

Kritter

Glad everyone agrees that she will work unlike someone else whose name is Kate.

wannable

Quality or Quantity, by end of the year you will know Meghan's quantity.  Quality is to each persons point of view.

You can't say 'everyone agrees' in a future that is uncertain.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: Kritter on February 13, 2018, 05:15:54 PM
WOW I guess you are the new royal watcher TLLK was speaking about. Sorry but none of that holds true IMO.

Comparing Kate & Meghan as being alike.   :wacko:

Sarah & Diana were a different time & no need to go on about what they did or how they were treated etc. it has nothing to do with Meghan being a shining star or Kate being a lazy git.

I think she was referring to you as the new watcher  :lol: K&M are more alike that maybe youd like to admit, both carefully and calculatingly sized up and worked their prospective husbands, both are fashionable, young and get attention when out on engagements.

D&S has something to do with it, Kate has likely agreed to be the anti-Diana in terms of fighting the RF in exchange for an easy ride on the court circular, also id rather see her keep the marriage together and raise the kids right that unveil more plaques. So yes how they were treated has had a shaping effect of these women.

wannable

Exactly, if one thinks Meghan will not be doing fluffy engagements in behalf of her charity or in behalf of HM/Government...she WILL have to do it, inaugurations, unveiling a plaque and the sort.

i.e. Harry went to a fluffy engagement watching rugby and it is in the cc.  He missed out on more serious engagments like Sentebales Christmas Carole with Sentebales Harry's staff - he could have gone and wished them all Merry Christmas and thanking them for their 2017 works, chit chat and acquire first hand knowledge of what each staffer did that year, etc., and HeadsTogether training meeting 2 Sunday's ago, he was to be the designated, as W&K had just arrived Friday evening from the Scandinavian Tour, he did not go, so the Trio had to be informed of said training meeting for the upcoming marathon. I do not know what he was up to 2 Sundays ago, but there was no duty reported.   

Kritter

No one said there would never be any fluff engagements. I think they let Kate do only fluff stuff because she is incapable of doing anything else having stunted her growth while waiting on that title. Laying herself down for Crown & Country.   :lol:

Kate gave birth & is raising children (with a lot of help) an accomplishment that no other woman has ever managed to achieve.   :laugh10:

wannable

FanDianaFancy

Yesyes, both ladies will do fluff things as in easy. Important, but easy. There is not too work, rehearsal in meetings, etc as to what to do , say, act, at supporting and being a patron of something in the arts. Ex. I do not know, the Royal Ballet. Show up in a pretty cocktail dress or evening gown and watch a ballet performance and meet the cast backstage after.  :hehe:

BAFTA, really.  :lol:

Yes there things that are of a more sensitive nature in which what to wear, business attire, to what to do, say, even look at the people...say, Camilla at the organization for battered women, abused children.
Kate has some of these type of more serious organizations too.

Yes, it is is a mixed diary of patronage?s.  Serious and then the fluff ones. Kate is of the Brit  something tennis organization.

Add, the working senior royals? list is a bit long: QE, PAnne, CandC, WnK,  etc.
Add, MM has been involved in really , good causes like UN , but as HRH, things for her will change.
She is not going to upsurp K in rank thus a diary of patronages and will not have political things.

I sure want MM to do well and she and H make it as a couple.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: Kritter on February 13, 2018, 06:07:58 PM
No one said there would never be any fluff engagements. I think they let Kate do only fluff stuff because she is incapable of doing anything else having stunted her growth while waiting on that title. Laying herself down for Crown & Country.   :lol:

Kate gave birth & is raising children (with a lot of help) an accomplishment that no other woman has ever managed to achieve.   :laugh10:

Kates supposed "growth stunting" is very similar to Diana's first 10 years in the marriage, one could say she was laying herself down for Crown and Country as well, she just got the ring a lot faster, but did it do her any good to have it that quick????

So far she seems to have her marriage more together than her mother in law did. As for putting down the raising of a future heir to the throne and royal children, if its so easy, how come Lizzie's kids turned out to be such an awful mess????? :lol: :lol: :lol: I think you should rethink how important and more difficult it is than it appears to you.

I think thats what rubs you the wrong way about Kate, shes been able to navigate the royal obstacle course better and more on her own terms, or at least terms where shes getting more out of them than Diana did.

TLLK

QuoteShe will be in the Royal Foundation (with the charities that she choses from the list of charities that request her as patron or president), and will also be member of the Royal Forums (all the charities that have the same causes of the Trio, after May 19 the foursome with whatever charity she works for to exchange and unify funding and the sort).  And she will be added to the Heads Together and the picture of KP twitter will be changed to the foursome.
:goodpost:

Thank you for sharing this information @wannable. IMO you can never have enough facts presented when discussing this topic. Meghan will be receiving requests from various groups that currently do not have a royal patron. She will need the time and the opportunity to sit down with her advisers to thoroughly review each's groups' presentation and to determine if this is a legitimate charity that she would like to align herself with now. Also there is a chance that in the future an older member of the BRF might "retire" as patron and Meghan might be bequeathed that patronage. We saw this recently with QEII retiring as patron of about 25 groups which she then selected the next royal patron from her children, grandchildren and their spouses. The same happened when QEQM, Princess Margaret and Princess Alice of Gloucester passed away. Diana had resigned from most of her patronages after the divorce and the remainder of her patronages that she retained were later picked up by others in the BRF.

Royals also often select patronages that are related to a personal interest, their education or past military association. I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan selects one that is related to a particular theater group or dramatic arts.

QuoteExactly, if one thinks Meghan will not be doing fluffy engagements in behalf of her charity or in behalf of HM/Government...she WILL have to do it, inaugurations, unveiling a plaque and the sort.
Everyone who is a working member of their royal family unveils plaques, shakes hands with local members of government,does some form of craft project and on occasion will take part in a somewhat silly activity.  Prince Edward has raised it to an art form IMHO as he usually throws in some comedic lines when doing so.  They also attend funerals, weddings, memorial services, review troops etc..

Double post auto-merged: February 13, 2018, 11:34:08 PM

A rather informative article from The Sun regarding royal patronages.

What is a royal patron? Why do charities want one and what other public engagements do the royal family attend?

Double post auto-merged: February 13, 2018, 11:34:54 PM

QuoteA member of the royal family can become a representative or supporter of an organisation as a patron, working to publicise and recognise the group's work.

Family members have become linked to thousands of groups, with additional requests from organisations pouring in to Buckingham Palace every year.

While some organisations, like The National Portrait Gallery and Arthritis Research UK, are well-known, others like the Anglo-Finnish Society and Beanstalk, are less so.

Most royal family members have limited the number of organisations that they support but The Queen and Prince Philip hold more than 1000 patronages between them.

Many of the pair's associations were inherited from previous Monarchs.

Double post auto-merged: February 13, 2018, 11:36:19 PM

QuoteAn organisation that has a royal family member as a patron can enjoy increased publicity, with a patronage also seen as an endorsement.

Prof Cathy Pharoah, co-director of the centre for giving and philanthropy at Cass Business School at City University, London told the BBC: "It's an endorsement that their (the organisation's) work is reputable and high quality."

The work of a royal family member with a certain organisation can also help to boost the profile of previously taboo subjects.

The Duchess of Cambridge has concentrated her support on mental health and the care of children's emotional wellbeing, becoming a patron of Place2Be, as well as The Art Room and Action on Addiction.

Patronages are generally chosen to reflect the interest of the family member.

For example, the Duchess of Cornwall is President of the National Osteoporosis Society as both her mother and grandmother died from the brittle bone disease.

Double post auto-merged: February 13, 2018, 11:37:20 PM

QuoteHow do charities apply for a royal family member to become a patron?

Organisations can apply for a patron by submitting a request to the appropriate Private Secretary, who will then pass it onto the family member they think will be most interested.

If the royal family member is interested in the group, extensive research will then be undertaken into the organisation.

Factors, including that the group is well-established and reputable, are then considered.

The length of time that patronages are held are not set in stone.

Some royal family members can become involved in a specific campaign, while at other times they can be involved in the organisation for life.

SophieChloe

Meghan is blowing lazy bones out of the water and some are getting beyond desperate.  Who knew?
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

sara8150

Meghan hugs homeless charity founder a day after her secret visits to Grenfell were revealed: 'Emotional' Meghan embraces Edinburgh charity worker who says she's 'deeply inspired' by Harry's girl
Meghan Markle embraced charity worker in Edinburgh | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Considering the scandal associated with this group recently, I doubt that Oxfam will be considered as a possible patronage for Meghan.  :no: