Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding St George's Chapel Windsor 19/5/18 - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, January 23, 2018, 05:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Look magazine has no credibility whatsoever. It's on a level with the British Star newspaper and is a US publication as well. I don't believe it, and (a) no designer, British, Canadian or whatever, would release that sort of information, and (b) with the chance of world-wide publicity on the gown would charge that kind of price for a wedding dress to a Royal's bride. These kind of dresses are bespoke, and the media can guess all they want but will never know.

sara8150

Kritter

I sure hope Meghan remains Meghan & chooses the gown she wants for her big day. Some people she will never please & that makes their "advice" suspicious.

Meghan having earned her own way in life means she can spend her money anyway she chooses.

Kate depending on others for everything meant she had to keep the cost at a minimum. Especially since her parents had gone through a good deal of money stalking a Prince for a decade.

The best thing about Meghan capturing her Prince, all she had to do was walk into the room & Harry was in love.   :crazylove:

Curryong

I remain unconvinced by the Look and the Fail. They don't know the designer yet they know the price of the gown down to the last pound! Really?  :hehe:

Kritter

It is obvious that one of the things the DM will find fault with Meghan through the years will be that she spends to much.    :nod:

Yet with Kate it will be "she is recycling again" & never mention a new piece of jewelry that she paid an outlandish price for.    :lol:

When the DM has an agenda they go all out for it.    :crazylaugh:

TLLK

Meghan's baptism/confirmation ceremony was held on Tuesday 3/7/18. In attendance were her fiance Prince Harry along his father and stepmother. Meghan did not have any family members present for this occasion.
Meghan Markle Baptized Into the Church of England in Secret Ceremony | PEOPLE.com

QuoteThe 45-minutes service, which was also attended by her future father-in-law, Prince Charles, and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, was reportedly conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury in the Royal Chapel at St. James?s Palace in London.

Curryong

Yes, good, private, discreet, not, as the Fail infers, some secret, hole in the corner affair. Good that Meghan has formed a bond with the Archbishop. It was nice of Charles and Camilla to be present too.

TLLK

Yes and I was just explaining that private would be a much better description for the event. IMO secret implies that this is something that must be hidden away.

Kritter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXwAaPlX0AAC1lo.jpg

IMO the laying of the bridal bouquet at Westminster is silly but I also think the custom of throwing away the bouquet silly. I think the bride should keep it as a memory from her big day.   :D

sara8150

Quote from: Kritter on March 08, 2018, 09:14:44 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXwAaPlX0AAC1lo.jpg

IMO the laying of the bridal bouquet at Westminster is silly but I also think the custom of throwing away the bouquet silly. I think the bride should keep it as a memory from her big day.   :D

That true it?s tradition royals bridal wouldn?t allowed throw flowers and lied unknown soldiers at Westminster Abbey same Diana and Kate

Kritter

@sandy   I also feel the DM is stirring up a lot of hatred towards Meghan & it could all end badly.

The right wing & Trump stirred up a lot of hate in this country & it has ended in deaths.

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on March 09, 2018, 01:44:07 AM
That true it?s tradition royals bridal wouldn?t allowed throw flowers and lied unknown soldiers at Westminster Abbey same Diana and Kate
The then Duchess of York later Queen Elizabeth began the tradition of leaving the bouquets at the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior at Westminster Abbey. Her brother had been killed in action during WWI. As for other wedding traditions or keepsakes well  florists can create additional bouquets for brides to throw so it wouldn't be an issue. However I do believe that even though she's marrying at SGC, Meghan will honor the tradition of respecting the memory of those who lost their lives in service of their nation especially since she's marrying an Army veteran.  :)

Westminster Abbey ? Unknown Warrior

QuoteWhen the Duke of York (later King George VI) married Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon in the Abbey in 1923 as she left she laid her wedding bouquet on the grave as a mark of respect (she had lost a brother during the war). All royal brides married in the Abbey since then have sent back their bouquets to be laid on the grave.

Sophie bouquet/Unknown Warrior Pictures | Getty Images 

@sara8150 - Here is a photo of Sophie's wedding bouquet at the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior.

Sophie bouquet/Unknown Warrior Pictures | Getty Images

Kritter

Yes she will leave the bouquet that has already been announced. I seriously doubt any of them did it for honoring veterans though since it is their wedding day.

TLLK

I disagree. IMHO they knew full well the reason why they were leaving their bouquet at the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior especially since most royal brides of the 20th and 21st century  have been married to military veterans or had former service members among their family members. 

Kritter

TLLK

On this you and I will have to disagree. Yes they would have been told of the tradition and the meaning behind it, however they could have said "No." However for a family with such a long association to their nation's armed forces, I doubt that anyone of them would have hesitated to participate in this simple gesture to honor those who lost their lives in service to their nation. IMO it was likely a very moving tribute especially for Princess Alexandra who lost her father in WWII.

wannable

It is a tradition, but as @TLLK says the latest bride Kate, other than being British born, did have three men of her family tree that partipated in both WWI and II. The Internet has the information of her Engagement Wales Tour, attached to her mini beret brown hat with fascinator mini feathers were 3 distinguished military pins that belong to the Middleton's. Expert military historians pointed out what pin is what and which war.

Double post auto-merged: March 09, 2018, 03:47:19 PM

Simon Perry
‏Verified account
@SPerryPeoplemag

The Spice Girls who WILL be going to the royal wedding in May (thanks @PrivateEyeNews) #royalwedding #harryandmeghan

When in Private Eye, it's because they have the facts (i.e. seen the wedding invitation and the sort)

Kritter

Quote from: TLLK on March 09, 2018, 03:11:49 PM
On this you and I will have to disagree. Yes they would have been told of the tradition and the meaning behind it, however they could have said "No." However for a family with such a long association to their nation's armed forces, I doubt that anyone of them would have hesitated to participate in this simple gesture to honor those who lost their lives in service to their nation. IMO it was likely a very moving tribute especially for Princess Alexandra who lost her father in WWII.

And yet most of them choose to ignore the real life needs of living veterans that her Majesty's government sent. They should keep the flowers & do something more substantial.

Double post auto-merged: March 09, 2018, 06:54:24 PM

Royal Wedding Beer for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle | PEOPLE.com

QuoteThere?s now at least one sure way to celebrate Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?s wedding in true British style.

The Windsor & Eton Brewery ? just a five-minute pub crawl from St. George?s Chapel at Windsor Castle, where Harry and Meghan will tie the knot on May. 19 ? has crafted a unique royal wedding beer to commemorate the special day.

TLLK

QuoteAnd yet most of them choose to ignore the real life needs of living veterans that her Majesty's government sent. They should keep the flowers & do something more substantial.

Again we'll have to agree to disagree as a quick count of the various royal armed forces patronages shows at least 50 organizations that support the current active service personnel, the veterans and their families.  Of the current working male members of the BRF all but one is a military veteran: HRH the Duke of Gloucester. IMO the BRF is very involved with the organizations that support the "real life needs of living veterans."

Charities and Patronages | The Royal Family

Meghan will very likely have her own honorary military appointment in the future. A way to honor that commitment to her new nation is to participate in a long standing tradition on her wedding day.

Kritter

Honorary & Patronages do nothing for the veterans.   :shrug: 

Those are done to enhance the royals images. I am speaking of doing something like Invictus, walking with the wounded etc.

You can tell Harry cares because he did the extra to impact what the veterans endure.

wannable

Those are short term counted by days sport impact for a few veterans. 1%.

The MoD career transition partnership (CTP) was created long term, forever. None of the above are considered in the government ex military or veteran career forward programs which has been created and in existence for more than 50 years. The have their own gym facilities, therapists, etc to fix disabled people.

If the MOD would need help from the BRF, other than their honorary and patronages of their partners they would ask; like for example MOD PR William and Harry followed by a TV crew, marketed by government BBC, reported in the most read broadsheets and tabloids, the objective and purpose: to encourage 18 to 25 year olds to enlist in any of the MOD branches.

Harry learnt the hard way, hence he did both sports initiatives to alleviate what he found out. What did he find out late, when it was post Mortem, that he was trained to be a Killer. The Apache helicopter has no other possibilities but massacre and destroy. And that is what he did.

Kritter

So you agree doing something is better than just having a patronage or giving flowers.   :D

wannable

TLLK

QuoteHonorary & Patronages do nothing for the veteran
On this we'll have to agree to disagree as I believe those providing aid to  veterans being helped by worthy organizations ie: Blind Veterans (Sophie's patronage)j, Alexandra House (Alexandra's patronage) The Soldier's Charity (HM  QEII) would feel differently.

Yes Harry helps veterans but I believe that you do an injustice to those members of the BRF who served in various campaigns (WWII, Falklands, Northern Ireland) if you only acknowledge him.

At some point Meghan (like all BRF members) will also be taking on a patronage that will likely benefit the veterans and their families. I believe that she would feel honored to remember those who gave their lives in service to their nation by laying her bouquet at this national monument.

TLLK

QuoteHow does being a patronage of an organization that helps veterans help the veteran & not the royal?

Like all royal patronages it brings publicity. Publicity helps to bring attention to the organization and draws in potential volunteers and donors.  :)

The veterans learn about the organizations through the publicity and can turn to them to seek assistance :)

This is why charities will be seeking out Meghan as a future patron as she like Charles, William, Kate, Harry etc..are high profile royals.

This BBC article might help you to understand the reasons why organizations want a royal patron.

Why do charities want a royal patron? - BBC News

QuoteIt requires dedication & the royals don't seem all that dedicated to anything with the exception of Harry, Sophie & Edward.
On this we'll have to agree to disagree as I have found that they're all dedicated to their patronages. :)