Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding St George's Chapel Windsor 19/5/18 - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, January 23, 2018, 05:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Kritter

Prince Harry's Wedding Ring - Will Prince Harry Wear a Wedding Band?
It's unfair for just one ring to get all the attention in a wedding, don't you think?

Now that we've all had a look at the ring Prince Harry gave to Meghan Markle when he asked her to marry her?and heard the sweet story behind the stones?it's time to wonder whether the groom will wear a ring of his own.

While Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, is rarely seen without her iconic sapphire and diamond engagement ring (which once belonged to Princess Diana) and her gold wedding band, astute anglophiles have taken notice that her husband, Harry's brother William, chooses not to wear anything.

According to British and European royalty expert Marlene Koenig, ?there is no royal tradition for men wearing or not wearing a wedding ring.? Rather, it's a personal preference. Prince William has chosen not to wear his, although his father, Prince Charles, did during his marriage to Lady Diana Spencer?and continued to wear it on his signet finger, after her death.

sara8150

First royal wedding guest confirmed? Co-founder of Harry's Sentebale charity Prince Seeiso of Lesotho says he will be there to see him marry Meghan in May
Prince Seeiso will attend Harry and Meghan's wedding | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

I think Prince Seeiso was confirmed as a guest a little while ago, wasn't he? I seem to remember him talking on a video about Harry, Sentebale and the Press and making a couple of remarks about attending the wedding then. In fact I believe I posted on it.

Curryong

Curryong

Definition of 'old cobblers'.

cobblers awls = balls Originally cockney rhyming slang. Nowadays in Britain and Australia it just means nonsense or BS.

sara8150

Harry and Meghan's Royal Wedding will reflect her heritage as Eugenie draws on tradition
Harry and Meghan's Royal Wedding will reflect her heritage as Eugenie draws on tradition | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: January 25, 2018, 05:27:38 AM

Princess Eugenie's wedding DELAYED - and it's thanks to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry DELAY Princess Eugenie's wedding | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Kritter

Harry and Meghan's Royal Wedding will reflect her heritage as Eugenie draws on tradition | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

QuoteHe said: ?Expect the service at Harry and Meghan's wedding to be unique with aspects linked to Meghan's American and biracial heritage.

?Eugenie and Jack's wedding is likely to be traditional.?

The royal expert also believes Meghan?s wedding will reflect her ?fantastically stylish? fashion choices ? but remains cautious in predicting what Eugenie will wear.

Mr Fitzwilliams added: ?Meghan is fantastically stylish and will have an extremely significant influence on fashion as Kate does.

?Eugenie and her sister are well known for fashion faux pas and hopefully Jack will provide some needed guidance in this area.?

Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank

These articles coming out since H&M's engagement are so obvious in their intent & the "journalists" seem to not be aware of their own biases.

wannable

Mr. Fitzwilliams is drumming up to the tune of the November 26 2017 reports of the BP briefing/meeting of H&M, QEII and staff that the couple want a none traditional wedding. 

The only way to find out what will be none and traditional is May 19 2018.

Kritter

Stewart Parvin favourite to design Meghan's wedding dress | Daily Mail Online

QuoteSpeculation has been rife over who will make Meghan Markle's wedding gown for the big day on May 19.

While the designer's identity has been kept closely under wraps, a frontrunner has now emerged - in the form of the monarch's couturier Stewart.

Parvin, who was tasked with designing Zara Phillips' 2011 bridal gown, is currently the bookies' favourite to design the Suits actress's frock.

The royal favourite, who is now evens (odds of 1 to 1) to get the prestigious job, has overtaken other prime contenders including Roland Mouret, Erdem and Alexander McQueen.

LouisFerdinand

Will Stewart Parvin design Meghan's dress?   
Will Meghan Markle wedding dress be a nod to the Queen? - YouTube

Double post auto-merged: January 27, 2018, 09:32:36 PM

Will Thomas Brooksbank be Jack's best man? Will Princess Beatrice be the maid of honor?

sara8150

No royal invite for Trump: US President has not been asked to attend wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Trump says he has not been invited to royal wedding | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: January 28, 2018, 04:35:42 AM

Battle of the Windsor brides: TWO royal engagements, ONE shared venue...and a whole lot of competition ahead. So who will carry off the crown for the wedding of the year?
Meghan and Eugenie battle to be top the Windsor bride | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: January 28, 2018, 04:40:03 AM

Donald Trump 'not aware' of any royal wedding invite
Donald Trump 'not aware' of any royal wedding invite - BBC News

Double post auto-merged: January 28, 2018, 04:41:47 AM

Donald Trump hopes Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are 'happy' - even if he's not invited to wedding
Donald Trump hopes Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are 'happy' - even if he's not invited to wedding

Double post auto-merged: January 28, 2018, 04:45:05 AM

Donald Trump 'not aware' of invite to Harry and Meghan Markle wedding
Donald Trump 'not aware' of invite to Harry and Meghan Markle wedding

Double post auto-merged: January 28, 2018, 04:47:43 AM

Donald Trump NOT invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Royal wedding
Donald Trump NOT invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Royal wedding but Obama may go | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Kritter

Meghan Markle plans to give a speech at wedding reception | Daily Mail Online

QuoteMeghan Markle is planning to make a speech at her own wedding to Prince Harry in May.

The future royal intends to break from tradition by delivering a speech at her reception after the wedding ceremony on May 19.

Meghan, 36, plans to deliver an ?affectionate? tribute to her new husband, Prince Harry, 33, as well as thanking the Queen along with her friends and family, revealed the Sunday Times.

Curryong

I'm sure the invites are in the mail right now!  :P

As for Mike's nose, both he and Zara seem to like the club bouncer look as he's never had it fixed. I've often wondered how he can possibly breathe through it.

Duch_Luver_4ever

I always imagine it sounds like a pug or french bulldogs nose... :lol:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

wannable

QuoteShe's more than just Prince Harry's girlfriend': Priyanka Chopra praises best friend Meghan Markle for modernising the monarchy as she hints she'll be part of the bridal party
By Rebecca Davison for MailOnline - January 31st 2018, 12:11:54 pm
She's best friends with Suits star Meghan Markle and Priyanka Chopra was full of praise for Prince Harry's fianc?e in a new interview. 

Priyanka Chopra, a friend of Meghan (from the collection of new friends developed when she landed Suits) hinted in her latest interview she will be part of the bridal party.

Curryong

Will she? Good! As for friendships, well, they're funny things. I, as a migrant, left a large circle of colleagues, friends and workmates when I left England for Australia decades ago.

Although I went back over the years, some of those friendships remained, some frayed and went to Xmas card status, some disappeared. None of those friendships dated from my schooldays and only one or two from university.

I made more friendships when I settled in Australia but inevitably some have waxed and some waned.

My second daughter married and had children late. Three friendships dating back to her schooldays have now gone. Why? Because two of her friends have older children and are at a different stage of their lives. Not much left to talk about. One has never had children and she and her husband live a carefree life, very different to a couple like my daughter and husband with very young twins.

My daughter is a very caring person and really tried all the way along with those relationships but without success. She has made friends through her parttime work and mothers' group. Will they last throughout her lifetime? Don't know, but probably not.

Meghan has a couple of friends from her Uni days. Most are new. I can understand that because of my own experiences and that of my daughter. My other daughter has friends who are mostly work colleagues and neighbours. She has one friend from schooldays. One out of about a dozen. My son has friends through a hobby and one friend from kindergarten days that has lasted.

Not everyone's friends are there for a lifetime. People change, circumstances and interests change. People move away and forget. That's life.

TLLK

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on January 28, 2018, 05:02:26 PM
Mike and Zara Tindall waiting for Harry and Meghan invite | Daily Mail Online

Likely DM clickbait, but it seems to be a bit out of place for them to be talking to the press about it, im ASSUMING that invitations have not been sent out yet, am I right on that? If it was late April and this was in the news, OK.

On an aside, while im not suggesting he go to the "Human Ken Doll" level of plastic surgery, man Mike needs to get that nose straightened, I know its likely a badge of bride when playing Rugby, but I didnt think the Rf was going for the nightclub bouncer look, all he needs is that lame headset and too tight black tshirt..."nah mate, youre not on the list"  :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is such a non story. It's far too early for invitations to go out!!! IMO Mike is just as likely to get a nose job as Harry is at getting a transplant.  :lol:

wannable

^^Priyanka Chopra does not live in Toronto, she lives between New York and India. A long distance friendship, I bet they do not know each other well compared to long term friendships, which again Meghan seems to have broken that set of friends within 1 year after she landed Suits. Source: articles (news sites to magazine interviews of people gushing after H&M engagement) with information of new collection of friends that are 1-2 year to a max of 5 years of acquaintance.

I suppose wedding day we will get to see her new collection of friends and perhaps a few long term ones?!

Also it seems Priyanka was sanctioned allowed to speak in this interview by Meghan Team.  If not, I  highly doubt she would have been interviewed at all, the piece is centered on Meghan and Harry's wedding rather than a new acting project, whatever.

TLLK

Meghan Markle?s friend Priyanka Chopra talks Royal Wedding and Meghan joining the family ? Royal Central

@KENSINGTONPALACE/TWITTER

Priyanka Chopra, actress and close friend of Meghan Markle, has vaguely addressed rumours that she will be part of Meghan?s bridal party at the royal wedding, telling Harper?s Bazaar Arabia: ?If you see me there, you?ll know.?

Though American Meghan Markle comes from a country where it is traditional for a bride to ask her closest friends to stand by their side on their big day, royal expert Marlene Koenig suggests that there?s a big chance we won?t see Chopra in the bridal part as ?most royal brides do not have adult bridesmaids?It would be unusual for a royal bride to have a woman in her late 30s as a maid or matron of honour.?

However, there is precedent for a break with royal tradition as the Duchess of Cambridge had her sister, Pippa, stand as her maid of honour and Prince William asked Prince Harry to serve as his best man. Combined with Prince Harry and Ms Markle?s penchant for breaking with royal protocol there is a good chance that they will follow Will and Kate?s lead and make their own rules for their big day.
[/b]

I believe that we'll see a mix of young and adult aged attendants in the bridal party. :)

Kritter

Prince Harry and Meghan will marry during two retrogrades | Daily Mail Online

QuoteEven the stars and the planets will be aligned for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding, which will take place during a significant planetary movement and two retrogrades.

The 33-year-old royal and the 36-year-old Suits star will say 'I do' at St. George?s Chapel at Windsor Castle  on May 19, 2018 and the date couldn't be more perfect, astrologically speaking. On their wedding day, Venus ? the planet of love ? will move into Cancer, the zodiac sign representing home and family.

Janet Booth, a Connecticut-based astrologist who helps couples pick their wedding dates, told Bustle that the movement of Venus into Cancer is a great astrological merger for a couple who wants to focus on family

Curryong

Yes, it is quite good, astrologically speaking, although as several of the planets mentioned are what is known as outer planets, it's not likely to make much difference to the bride and groom. Neither planet rules their sign, and Pluto is a generational planet, very slow-moving, so a generation shares its astrological position. It's sweet that Venus will move into Cancer on that day, though they will probably be already married by mid-afternoon when it does so.