Kate, William and Harry will attend the Commonwealth Games July 28 and 29

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 13, 2014, 02:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgiana996

Their job is so boring  :windsor1: , sports a few ribbons and waving  :hide:
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on July 28, 2014, 03:43:30 PM
Blue wedges demanded to be included at this event.  :wink:
So did the skin-tight jeggings...  :blank:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

^^^Her wardrobe can be quite insistent can't it? Navy blazer wanted a trip too.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on July 28, 2014, 04:59:16 PM
It's like she does not know how to do business casual and this is the only thing in her closet for that. "Limited-wardrobe-unimaginative Barbie comes to mind."

Macrobug

She looks good.  Same outfit but really, is what she wears all that important?  She is there to support the athletes.  Wills and Harry are wearing the same clothing they always wear.  No one seems to have an issue with that. 

If Kate showed up with a new outfit I am sure that there would be comments about how she wastes tax payers money on fashion. 
GNU Terry Pratchett

Limabeany

The fact that she has only one way of dressing for these casual events shows how few of them she does...

georgiana996

Quote from: Limabeany on July 28, 2014, 05:01:53 PM
Quote from: TLLK on July 28, 2014, 04:59:16 PM
It's like she does not know how to do business casual and this is the only thing in her closet for that. "Limited-wardrobe-unimaginative Barbie comes to mind."
:goodpost: no creativity or imagination when it comes to fashion :(
Her fans are getting angry  (not here) and saying that people want her to become a clothes horse ! Im sorry but right here on the spot I can think of 5 outfits that could be worn for this event that she already owns , therefore not needing to spend money and purchase anything new .

Canuck

I think she wears similar outfits to these events because she's trying to do a slightly more formal casual look.  The skinny jeans and wedges are casual, but the blazer (and here, collared shirt) ensure she doesn't look underdressed and looks like she put some effort into it.  I wear something similar to work on casual Fridays because I want to be casual, but still look professional.

georgiana996

However , you do not repeat the same jeans , blazer and shoes to every casual Friday at work .

Canuck

Well, neither does she.  These are not the same jeans she wore to the polo game with George, or to the Anglesey fair right before she and Will left Wales, or to the field hockey practice with Team GB before the Olympics.  I also remember some other casual pants during the Canadian and Asian tours.  And in addition to the gold-button blazer, I've seen her in jeans and a Smythe blazer (that I covet), a green blazer, and a grey blazer.

Mar

Love the hair

I can see some memes being made with that picture of W and K with the pone

:)

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

Lady Adams

Her hair does have its glamour back. I think the key is staying with the chocolate brown and a bit shorter.

No one is upset by Will & Kate whipping out their phone and playing around with it? I found that terribly disrespectful.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

cinrit

All three were looking at the phone (Picture #5), so maybe there was a lull in the activities.  I doubt they'd be so rude as to pull out a phone in the middle of a game and all three of them ignore what was going on below.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

wannable

Pool betting winner; the parents (and Harry) are viewing/monitoring baby George whatsap messaging, video and pics ;)

gec

I actually don't mind that she wears this outfit (and very similar variations) to the more casual events. It usually means the press write less about her clothes and dedicate more of their reporting to the event at hand - which I believe is a good thing.

cinrit

QuoteA Very Public Display of Affection for Kate and Wills As They Cheer on Welsh Swimmer at the Commonwealth Games – and They Join in the Fun by Singing Along with the Proclaimers  (VIDEO)

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge made a very public display of affection today as they cheered on a Welsh swimmer during their visit to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.Donning a blue top, jeans and wedges, Kate clasped the hand of her husband Prince William before laying her hand on his leg as they watched Jazz Carlin win the 800m freestyle gold medal at Tollcross Swimming Centre.

Earlier in the day, the royal couple, who were joined by Prince Harry, were spotted singing along to the chorus of the Proclaimers' I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) track between rotations at the Games, which were opened by The Queen last week and have attracted huge crowds.

But Kate's cheerful singing soon turned to wincing and gasps of horror as they watched English boxer Scott Fitzgerald and Azumah Mohammed of Ghana slugging it out in the ring of the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC).

More: A very public display of affection for Kate and Wills as they cheer on Welsh swimmer at the Commonwealth Games | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Sandor

I wouldn't want to watch boxing either!
Do they get to choose what events they'll attend, or are they scheduled for certain ones regardless of personal preference?

Limabeany

Quote from: Lady Adams on July 28, 2014, 07:08:32 PM
Her hair does have its glamour back. I think the key is staying with the chocolate brown and a bit shorter.

No one is upset by Will & Kate whipping out their phone and playing around with it? I found that terribly disrespectful.
I was, and did and judging by the expressions on their faces while doing it, they were not checking on George. They seemed to be looking something up.

TLLK

^^^They could have been checking on the results of other events during a lull in the action.

TLLK

Quote from: gec on July 28, 2014, 08:10:07 PM
I actually don't mind that she wears this outfit (and very similar variations) to the more casual events. It usually means the press write less about her clothes and dedicate more of their reporting to the event at hand - which I believe is a good thing.
If only the press would relegate the royal ladies fashion to the end of the article instead of being a headline, then I'd have more respect for their coverage. 

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on July 28, 2014, 08:54:56 PM
^^^They could have been checking on the results of other events during a lull in the action.
That is quite possible, they all seem interested and talking about whatever they were looking up.

TLLK

Going off topic, but it looks like Australia is leading in the medal count with England in second and host Scotland in third at this point in time.