Queen to crackdown on plastics across royal estate

Started by Kritter, February 11, 2018, 06:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Queen to crackdown on plastics across royal estate after meeting Sir David Attenborough | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
THE Queen has launched a major crackdown on plastics across the royal estate after meeting with Blue Planet presenter Sir David Attenborough.

The measures taken include phasing out plastic straws in all public cafes and staff dining rooms, a ban on plastic water bottles in meetings and ensuring all takeaway food packaging is biodegradable.

The move comes after the 91-year-old monarch recorded a documentary with the TV naturalist, also 91, about a conservation project called the Commonwealth Canopy.

The pair, born just a few weeks apart, were filmed laughing and joking together in November as they discussed the aim to create a network of national forest parks in the 52 countries of the Commonwealth.

Duch_Luver_4ever

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

That can be reused @Duch_Luver_4ever  :nod: Why throw away that patented burp that locks in freshness?

https://www.wired.com/2009/07/dayintech-0728/

I do know that many zoos have banned plastic straws, utensils and cups because they'd blow away from the trash bins and end up in the animal enclosures.  :(

Duch_Luver_4ever

"Its the patented burp, Jerry, It locks in freshness"...Kramer

How could I forget :lol: :lol: :lol: @TLLK
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.