Christmas card from The Prince of Wales & The Duchess of Cornwall

Started by TLLK, December 14, 2017, 08:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Court Circular 12th December:
The Prince of Wales this afternoon received Mr. Craig Hassall (Chief Executive, Royal Albert Hall).

The Prince of Wales afterwards held a Meeting with representatives from the Crown Estate.

His Royal Highness later received the Rt. Hon. James Brokenshire MP (Secretary of State for Northern Ireland). :xmas4:

Kritter

Clarence House‏Verified account @ClarenceHouse

Here is this year?s official Christmas card from The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall.
The photograph was taken by Hugo Burnand at Highgrove in July during the private 70th Birthday party of The Duchess of Cornwall.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRUgurIW0AEp_TI.jpg

TLLK

Kritter

SophieChloe

Quote from: TLLK on December 18, 2017, 02:11:37 PM
It's a lovely photo of the couple.  :xmas4:
I beg to differ,  Couple of bare-faced liars together. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

sandy

I'm glad the spectacle of her birthday party was kept low key. But that card is sent to all news media. One look at it was enough for me.

TLLK

QuoteI beg to differ
:friends: A phrase that I expect will be used by both of us throughout 2018.  :D

Merry Christmas  :xmas4: and a Happy New Year  :snowflake: to you and your loved ones @SophieChloe

sandy

I usually take one glance at those royal cards in any case. This years crop was nothing to write home about IMO.

royalanthropologist

Nice photo of a contented couple. As always the jewels are fab, fab.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

Of course Camilla sports the bling. Always has always will. 

royalanthropologist

I know it is shallow of me but I really do love bling. If I could get away with it, I would do my housework wearing a tiara. lol :hehe:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

SophieChloe

Quote from: TLLK on December 23, 2017, 03:02:12 AM
:friends: A phrase that I expect will be used by both of us throughout 2018.  :D

Merry Christmas  :xmas4: and a Happy New Year  :snowflake: to you and your loved ones @SophieChloe
Also to you and yours @TLLK.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Curryong

Yes, SophieChloe, to you and yours, and to all posters here, have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year!  :snowflake:  :xmas21:

MissFrouFrou

Kritter

They will always be called the "Adulterers" by the public & trying to look so in love won't stop that.    :baby:

royalanthropologist

Not in my neck of the woods. People  here don't call perfect strangers "adulterers" when they know their names. It is as silly as calling Diana "The Adulteress".  So old fashioned and judgemental :notamused: And yes they are in love so people should just suck it up. Marriage broke down and hubby moved on...next

sandy

The marriage always was broken down because Charles kept contacting Camilla and he did not move on when he married Diana. He stayed long enough to sire th needed heirs. They are so in love, she lives in another dwelling.

Kritter

I read a comment that said Camilla had "porcelain skin".    :eyes:    :laugh10: 

I would like to know how anyone can see that under all those wrinkles. I think the airbrushing fooled some.   :jester:

sandy

She was a heavy smoker and it has been ages since she has porcelain skin

royalanthropologist

Clever woman that Camilla. Many men do not like clingy women who nag them all the time and I suspect Charles is one of those. Having a separate home is a genius stroke. Probably partly explains why the marriage has lasted this long and is still happy.

By this time in his previous marriage, Charles could hardly bear to be in the same room with his wife. In fact, he soon stopped even doing postcards with her. They were that dysfunctional. Blame Camilla all you like but the truth is that Diana contributed a lot to the break down of her marriage and so did Charles. Camilla just helped them along as they imploded.

sandy

Yes, a woman has to be clingy to mind her husband placing lovey dovey calls to his mistress or wearing gifts from the mistress on the honeymoon. The wife should just be happy that the man is sharing some of his time with her because he is so great. Oh those mean clingy women spoiling Charles' fun.

No chance would C and C get a divorce. 

Charles married DIana knowing he preferred his mistress. Hell would have had to freeze over for a marriage to succeed on that basis.  Charles and DIana had the cards up until the time they separated. He did not stop any earlier than that.

Camilla had a lot to lose if C and D's marriage succeeded, she would have been out in the cold with no perks and stuck with the "stoat" as she called APB. She undermined Diana every step of the way. Camilla helped herself all along.

royalanthropologist

That is the art and science of knowing what you want and what your husband wants. If you do what your husband does not want, divorce beckons. Very simple formula. If Charles does not like clingy and nagging, don't do clingy and nagging if you want to remain married to him.

BTW many, many royals had separate homes so C&C are not the first. She keeps her home as a sanctuary from all the formalities and as a place to interact with her children and grand children without someone moaning about "how dare they use Clarence House". Camilla was always one step ahead of Diana when it came to keeping Charles happy.

Kritter

Quote from: sandy on December 27, 2017, 12:23:09 PM
Yes, a woman has to be clingy to mind her husband placing lovey dovey calls to his mistress or wearing gifts from the mistress on the honeymoon. The wife should just be happy that the man is sharing some of his time with her because he is so great. Oh those mean clingy women spoiling Charles' fun.

No chance would C and C get a divorce. 

Charles married DIana knowing he preferred his mistress. Hell would have had to freeze over for a marriage to succeed on that basis.  Charles and DIana had the cards up until the time they separated. He did not stop any earlier than that.

Camilla had a lot to lose if C and D's marriage succeeded, she would have been out in the cold with no perks and stuck with the "stoat" as she called APB. She undermined Diana every step of the way. Camilla helped herself all along.

When Diana confronted Camilla she said What do you want, you have palaces, jewels etc.. Diana answered I want my husband. That will let one know that Camilla was after the material possessions instead of the man.

sandy

Yes, a wife should be like a concubine willing to share the husband with a sister wife and she could learn a lot from the more experienced sister wife. And emulate Andrew Parker Bowles in the spirit of share and share alike.

Charles wants his way or the highway. So Diana could have been a doormat so Charles would maybe smile on her.

I might ask what about the science of knowing what a wife wants. Or are men "superior" even though it's the 21st century

Yes, Camilla was always a step ahead, she even hosted Lady DIana and tried to "mentor" her. She even showed the wife who was boss when she sent Charles those C and C cufflinks. Diana could not keep CHarles happy with the other woman undermining her and probably making nasty comments about the wife