Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special

Started by TLLK, November 19, 2017, 10:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

The Duchess of Cornwall to star in Strictly Come Dancing?s Christmas special ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Duchess of Cornwall will feature in the Christmas special of BBC One?s Strictly Come Dancing it has been revealed.

Camilla will host a special Strictly event at Buckingham Palace, and the cast and crew will be on hand to film the occasion.

The festive episode will be broadcast on Christmas Day, and along with the usual dances, will feature a film showing a tea dance at the Palace, hosted by the Duchess.

The stars of Strictly Come Dancing will also be at the event which will highlight the importance of exercising as people get older.

sandy

royalanthropologist

I think it is a great idea actually. Older people must stay active and that palace is actually the people's property. It is a great way to bring them back in . Strictly is a nice family program and I doubt it will cause offense to anyone at the palace. Would have been wonderful for the late Bruce to be there.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

Harry is criticized for dating an actress (by some in the media and in comments). I don't think Camilla going on the show would go over well either. Camilla can always exercise without going on TV.

royalanthropologist

Camilla is not the first or last member of the BRF to be on TV. Nothing happens at BP without the queen's approval so if this is going ahead then the queen gave it the all clear. And of course, she is the one that ultimately  matters when it comes to decision-making about the use of that palace.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

Charles and Camilla appeared on a weather report show. One time. They don't spend a lot of time in "show biz."

TLLK

Quote from: royalanthropologist on November 20, 2017, 06:52:16 PM
I think it is a great idea actually. Older people must stay active and that palace is actually the people's property. It is a great way to bring them back in . Strictly is a nice family program and I doubt it will cause offense to anyone at the palace. Would have been wonderful for the late Bruce to be there.
I agree that dancing is a great form of exercise for seniors. It provides cardio benefits, helps with maintaining balance and is a great form of social interaction. With many people living longer, it's best to keep them fit for as long as possible.
Dance as Therapy

Dance as Therapy

Dance exercise also can be effective physical therapy for seniors. Dance therapy improves gait and balance in seniors, which can decrease your risk of falling, according to the April 2010 Science Daily. Dance therapy encourages seniors to move in different directions from everyday movement. This helps improve overall balance, stamina and walking speed which are major risk factors in falling. Dance therapy classes are offered in many hospitals and health centers.

Now when my own generation becomes seniors, well we'll just have to reintroduce the Pogo and the worm.  :lol: Mosh pits and stage diving might be out of the question by then. :P

I also agree that HM the Queen would have had the final word and approval for Camilla to participate as well as deciding if BP could be used for the episode. :Jen:

LouisFerdinand

sandy

I doubt it. The Queen would probably find it disrespectful

TLLK

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on November 20, 2017, 11:03:08 PM
Will the Duchess wear a tiara?
I doubt that she would as tiara wearing events are mostly limited to state occasions ie: Opening of Parliament and State Visit banquets.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on November 20, 2017, 11:08:32 PM
I doubt it. The Queen would probably find it disrespectful

Queen is the boss and if it goes ahead the boss is fine with it. Everybody else does not really matter.

sandy

I was referring royal, to the question of her wearing a tiara (responding to Louis Ferdinand. Check out the context of that reply. It was not referring to her "going ahead with it" but the question of wearing a tiara in this venue.

TLLK

Quote from: royalanthropologist on November 22, 2017, 09:00:37 AM
Queen is the boss and if it goes ahead the boss is fine with it. Everybody else does not really matter.
I agree @royalanthropologist and if the "boss" okays the event and the dresscode, then as you say it doesn't really matter.

sandy

I can't see the Queen wanting Camilla to wear a tiara at the event. Why would Camilla even consider wearing a tiara?

TLLK

If a royal lady has  an event  that specified for gala attire on the invitation then I could see why the Queen would approve the choice.  :shrug:

However I do not believe that the Strictly Come Dancing  event one will call for gala attire. More than likely it will be a day dress or a cocktail one. :)

sandy

She will probably wear one of those "evening wear" outfits (velvet) with jewelry as she usually does for similar events.

FanDianaFancy

I did not read the article.
I only read posts from you all.
No. Camilla will not appear in a tutu, tights, dance dress, ruffled skirt, or one of the Qll?s tiaras on. Dancing cake entertainment British tv show.

That is beneath her title and station in life.
Yes, pushing exercising for the elderly like herself is a good idea, and perhaps, there will be at the start of the show, a film video clip of he, smartly dressed in a suit , seated in one of her drawing rooms, giving a brief , scripted message about elderly exercising.

Diana danced in dancing ballet clothes to show love to her husband as a surprise to him but that was then. Diana as young, fitted. It was tasteful. It was not tv. It was still pushing it.

You are not going to see. Camilla sweating like a pig , huffing and puffing dancing.
Just like the awful, illegal paparazzi, intrusive shot of Diana at a private gym, opened legged on weight machine, was undignified, this would be the same for Camilla.

royalanthropologist

Agreed and nothing of the sort has been suggested. Camilla knows how to conduct herself as the future consort of the UK and she actually acts her age so you won't be seeing funny antics.

sandy

Funny antics? She and Charles do much mugging and trying to look "cute." 

royalanthropologist

There is an option of looking away or ignoring them? The people that Camilla invited are happy to be there and the boss also is happy so the rest is irrelevant noise.

Then thing about "mugging" and "trying to look cute". Just weird and irrelevant to the event or thread.

[gmod]Calling Members out on their opinions as being "weird" or "irrelevant" is totally unacceptable here on the Forum. Please cease to do so. [/gmod]

sandy

No it is not weird just because you think it is.

They do mug and try to look cute. Plenty of evidence. Camilla even crossed her eyes for a photo at the last tour she had with Charles

royalanthropologist

I actually think it is quite weird and irrelevant to this topic.

The stars are arriving, the queen okayed it and Camilla is happy to attend or preside or participate depending on their plans.

[gmod]Calling Members out on their opinions as being "weird" or "irrelevant" is totally unacceptable here on the Forum. Please cease to do so. [/gmod]

sandy

No it is not irrelevant and weird just because you say it is.

It is just more PR for Camilla. NOthing more nothing less.

royalanthropologist

That statement about PR makes me suppose at least 3 things:

1. Ignorance about "Strictly Come Dancing"
2. Ignorance about the Osteoporosis charity
3. Ignorance about Camilla

Not everybody lives their lives on the back of PR scoops. There are much more important things to think about, particularly if you are the second most senior woman in the BRF.
[gmod] This post is extremely insulting. Are You suggesting that @sandy is "ignorant"? Again, unacceptable here. If you continue to post in this manner your posts will need to be checked in advance of posting. [/gmod]

sandy

No it is all PR. So a charity can be publicized, so the show can be publicized, and PR for Camilla. What else is there to know?

If there is no PR the charity would not be as well known, the show will be publicized so people will watch and more attention to Camilla.

Everything is PR. Why do you think Charles has PR? For fun?

Camilla has gotten PR since 1997 beginning with Bolland. No she's not "above it." Charles apparently thinks she needs it.