Meghan Markle confirmed romance with Prince Harry for first time

Started by Curryong, September 05, 2017, 12:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Ah thank you @Curryong. I will admit to being in a food coma for the past 36 hours so I appreciate any help with reading through the articles! :lol:

Curryong

^ All that delicious turkey, stuffing, thick gravy, pumpkin pie and ice cream, no doubt! I bet you were filled to pussy's bow! Do you have Brussels sprouts with this gastronomic feast? I'm a weirdo. I do like Brussel sprouts, small, sweet and lightly cooked.

dianab

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on November 25, 2017, 04:26:54 AM
^ All that delicious turkey, stuffing, thick gravy, pumpkin pie and ice cream, no doubt! I bet you were filled to ***'s bow! Do you have Brussels sprouts with this gastronomic feast? I'm a weirdo. I do like Brussel sprouts, small, sweet and lightly cooked.
We have only a few fans of Brussels sprouts in our family so they were not on the menu. I love them sauted in olive oil with salt and pepper and a dash of Balsalmic vinegar.

It has been beastly hot since Wednesday with temps in the low to mid 90's in SoCal. Certainly not the fall weather that we were hoping for, so it did impact how we prepared some items. All of the potatoes were cooked in our slow cookers to reduce the stove top heat, but the turkey needed to be roasted so there was no escaping the oven. Fortunately it did cool off a bit by the time we ate around 5PM. The food coma has come to an end and we're enjoying the last couple of days before returning to school and work.

Curryong

Thanks TLLK. It sounds divine. My love of Brussels sprouts makes most of my family and friends roll their eyes!  The weather sounds good too. We are also experiencing a hot spell though it's not really summer yet.

However, back to the business of the Harry/Meghan threads. The frenzy debacle on Friday has prompted headlines on the front pages of many of the newspapers this weekend. Camilla Tominey,(who is usually accurate) writing in the Express, states that on Thursday Downing St/Teresa May was told about the imminent engagement announcement, ready to send the congratulatory telegram (surely email in this day and age!) when the whole thing got pulled due to KP getting the jitters about worldwide Twitter and media attention! Delicate little flowers! However, the engagement announcement wil probably now be next week.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPgmE35X4AAAm-X.jpg

TLLK

^^^I also get the sense that the media and their bosses do not want to be taken off guard by the BRF like they were with William and Kate's engagement announcement, so they're eager to jump on anything.  From what I recall there was really no "rumors" circulating about that couple's impending announcement like there is about Harry and Meghan. I expect that Harry and Meghan would like to retain some control over how this rolls out over the coming days, weeks and months.

amabel

They just want a story, and Harry anad Meghan aren't engaged yet (who knows) so there is plenty of speculation. That' suit the press fine.. they can just run story after story,,,,

Cat00

they are engaged!! :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :hug: :hug: :hug: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Curryong

This is terrific! Wonderful news! I wish them every happiness. I've followed Harry since he was 19 and always hoped he'd find The One and now he has. I'm looking forward to the photocall and interview. And a Spring wedding, before Kate has her baby.

sandy

Curryong

They looked so happy and smiling, very natural, beaming at each other, just lovely!

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me