What if a prince, or a king got his mistress pregnant?

Started by PrincessKLS, November 19, 2007, 03:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessKLS

In today's world, let's say in 20 years William is married to Kate but unhappy so he takes up a mistress and he had a baby by the mistress, what do you think would happen?

PrincessKLS

I seriously believe there's no way to be discreet in this already media soaked age, and I wonder if it'll be more saturated in 20+ years. You never know, by the time William is 40, then it may be legal to put cameras in all the rooms in the royal residences, celeb homes, people's homes (by the government or licensed papparrazos) and shown on global tv or internet as in a true 24/7 reality show :blink:

I know that sounds like a major Big Brother phobia but now when I sit, type, and think about what we have now and how technology progresses half the time if not more, it's possible :cry:

Lila the Flirt

Nothing. The baby and mother will live in a country house supported by William but will have no claim whatsoever to the throne.

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

fairmaiden1

See...Katie can still have her country house and illeg...children.

sambarumba

i hope he'll marry kate for the sake of all decent available women.

non kate-ite #0009
harryite # 110
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M

lancelot

To answer the question, What is a prince, or a king, got his mistress pregnant?, I would say, he is no King. He is a Fertilizer.

Quote from: sambarumba on November 22, 2007, 10:48:13 AM
i hope he'll marry kate for the sake of all decent available women.

Food for thought: May be the boy should marry Miss Middleton and take her off the street, for the sake of all decent available gentlemen. May be....?

PrincessKLS

Well of course it wouldn't be moral supportive situation but it can happen. I'm sure if we look back in our royal history in Europe, Asia, Africa, etc, we will find something like this happening. Heck Henry VIII married all or most of his mistresses eventually and had children by them :lol:

Fernanda Nunes

He has to assume the childrem and be a good father...It is all that I hope for him  :shrug:
GOD ITE #001
JESUS ITE #001

Motto for the year 2011: "You, however, exert yourselves, not your hands be faint, because your work will be rewarded." II Chronicles 15:7

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/KlpwmFfAZWlEumq3MfQCrQ?authkey=Gv1sRgCLSlo6rhr4elQQ&feat=embedwebsite
http://www.maranathaglobal.org/ - United States
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/eng/
http://www.radiotrombetas.com.br/ - Brazil

PrincessKLS

Matilda

It's a slightly different question I know but with the same idea. If William got a woman pregnant before marriage would he have to marry her then? He is the future Head of the Church of England but what if the couple did not wish to marry?

Lila the Flirt

PrincessKLS

Yeah but wouldn't he be taken out of the line of succession for that?

Lila the Flirt

No. Why should he be taken out of the line of succession for impregnating a woman? For years, kings have done that - it isn't a secret. It may not be right but it isn't a crime.

Kuei Fei

I think something like this happened with one of the Grand Ducal families in Liechinstein. Her name was Tessy Antony and while the name of the Prince eludes me, she and him were married and she is known as a countess, not a princess. It's essentially a morganatic marriage.

heather

fawbert

Quote from: PrincessKLS on January 17, 2008, 09:22:28 PM
Yeah but wouldn't he be taken out of the line of succession for that?

No, but his child couldn't inherit.
Fawbert

Trudie

In the past illegitimate children were given titles and were called godchildren. Today would anyone care? look at Prince Albert of Monaco. His little boy can't inherit anything but what his father leaves for him in a private capacity.

Matilda

If he got a woman pregnant and married her after the birth, would the child be an heir to the throne?

Ladybee

QuoteI think something like this happened with one of the Grand Ducal families in Liechinstein. Her name was Tessy Antony and while the name of the Prince eludes me, she and him were married and she is known as a countess, not a princess. It's essentially a morganatic marriage.
That's Prince Louis of Luxembourg...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Louis_of_Luxembourg
his girlfriend Tessy Anthony became pregnant in 2005, she was 20 and he 19. She had the baby, they got married 6 months later, and had another baby the following year. Tessy was not made a countess, but as his wife, is known as "Tessy de Nassau" (name of the Luxembourg grand-ducal family.)

Polo Fan

LouisFerdinand

The media, especially the press, would want to know every single detail even down to the exact hour and location where the Royal got the lady pregnant.

Curryong

I don't know about 'prince or King', but I believe Princess Madeleine of Sweden delivered her first child less than nine months after the wedding day to Chris O Neill. Same with Madeleine's brother Prince Carl Philip and his rather controversial fiancé, Sofia Helquist.

Fortunately the Swedes are a very tolerant bunch and nobody turned a hair. Sweden also does not have a rapacious press like that of Britain.

Same with the now divorced Louis and Tessy of Luxembourg, who were very young when they wed. If they had anything like the British tabloids there would have been an almighty scandal at the time.

Curryong

Thanks TLLK. I'd forgotten that Louis and Tessy had actually produced their first boy before the nuptials. Luxembourg is a Roman Catholic country and quite conservative. Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte would probably have absolutely had kittens about that if she'd still been around. It caused a bit of a stir but I hesitate to think what would have happened if a 21year old Harry had wed Chelsy under the same circumstances. The Sun and Daily Fail would have feasted on the fallout for months!