US congressional candidate tweets racist photo of Meghan Markle

Started by Kritter, February 12, 2018, 08:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

US congressional candidate tweets racist photo of Meghan Markle ? Royal Central
Today in racist photos posted on Twitter: a US politician posted one of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?s engagement photos with the recently revealed Cheddar Man skeleton superimposed over her face.

Paul Nehlen, a Republican running for Congress in Wisconsin, posted the photo to his Twitter page with the caption, ?Honey, does this tie make my face look pale??

The Cheddar Man skeleton was unveiled earlier in the week and noted that the earliest Britons were likely dark skinned with blue eyes and curly hair.

Duch_Luver_4ever

While im sure the intent was not pro Meghan, I do find it interesting that in less than a week, the SJW/PC crowd has gone from holding up Cheddar man as a great historical example of the UK having a more diverse past, and ppl should embrace their past etc. but if used to describe someone its a horrible racist thing  :shrug:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

Because it is a horrible racist thing. Why not just use Meghan's real photo instead? Because that wouldn't be taking a racist shot at her.

Duch_Luver_4ever

But cheddar man is supposed to be the new face of ancient britain, and both are supposed to have ultimately come from Africa. One could argue that its no different than the recent article where they put Donald Trumps face onto pics of the Queen.

One could attack it for the fact that her appearance is much more attractive than the cheddar man, and in that regard hes taking a swipe at her like they did Trump or the Queen depending on your point of view.

But you cant have cheddar man and a wonderful refreshing new view on ancient Britain (and dont forget some SJW's loved that it was kind of a two fingers up at the old established UK elite) and then when hes used as a satire on Meghan, cry racism.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

Meghan isn't British & he did it because he is a racist. I guess twitter could see it even if you can't.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2018/02/12/a-gop-politician-mocked-meghan-markle-as-a-prehistoric-black-briton-twitter-banned-him/?utm_term=.dd73f02a4c19

QuoteTwitter suspended Nehlen?s account after he shared the image of Prince Harry standing next to Markle, a biracial American he is set to marry in May. Along with the image was this tweet: ?Honey does this tie make my face look pale??

The Friday tweet, the latest in Nehlen?s history of incendiary statements, appears to have been prompted by recent revelations that early British inhabitants are believed to have been dark-skinned. Nehlen has described himself as ?pro-white? and decried the research on Cheddar Man as a way of ?disappearing whites or dispossessing whites of their homelands.?

Duch_Luver_4ever

Trump isnt British either & twitter routinely bans ppl to promote their agenda. Its one thing if they want to ban or decry him for other things he may have said, but to base it solely on the picture while just recently applauding the recent discovery of cheddar mans identity while similar things have been done with other ppl is the usual PC garbage...they want it both ways

TLLK

Just want to add that both Trump and Markle like many Americans have ancestors from the UK.  :thumbsup: The POTUS' mother emigrated from Scotland. Meghan has English and Irish ancestors.

However I do find the use of the Cheddar Man photo in this instance to be in poor taste.  :thumbsdown:

Kritter

What has Trump got to do with it. Oh I get it he is also a racist.

FanDianaFancy

It is just an awful, ugly, unnecessary thing and really not funny thin* to do.

What does Trump have to do with this?
Directly , nothing.

However, it is open season here with blatant racism  of no backlash from people  much of the time now for things like this. It is open season..
This man is running for Congress and  but hey, cool...no backlash for posting such stupid, juvenile, ugly, racists  crap. There is my point.

Trump has set the tone there indirectly.

Duch_Luver_4ever

What Trump had to do with it was that a his face was used on pictures of the queen and there was none of the vitriol in this example of a mans face used on a picture of a woman.

Two exact same things done, two very different reactions, and all the more ironic as cheddar man was held up as an example of diversity. So if its ok to do the same with trump and the queen, what male picture can we put on meghans?????

Kritter

It wasn't a male being put on Meghan's face it was the caption.   :shrug:

Duch_Luver_4ever

When the left does it, its witty, biting satire, when the right does it, its racism.

Kritter

^ Yes I guess because the racist identify themselves as being from the right.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on February 13, 2018, 05:56:25 PM
When the left does it, its witty, biting satire, when the right does it, its racism.
No. It is not. Ask Kathy Griffin, who is now on the Z list again, how did that head holding mannequin work out for her. Where is AlFranken?

Double post auto-merged: February 13, 2018, 06:07:29 PM

Quote from: Kritter on February 13, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
^ Yes I guess because the racist identify themselves as being from the right.

No. Left side. Right side. Down the middle. Liberal. Tory. Conservative. Democrat. Independent. Republican. Agonostic. Catholic. Protestant. Anthiest. Whatever.
It is all greatly encouraged by , led by Trump, so all sides are getting in on the racism act.

Kritter

^ The racists have all crawled out from under their rocks.    :nod:  We are going to need a big bat to put them back under that rock.   :windsor:

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on February 13, 2018, 03:34:26 PM
What Trump had to do with it was that a his face was used on pictures of the queen and there was none of the vitriol in this example of a mans face used on a picture of a woman.

Two exact same things done, two very different reactions, and all the more ironic as cheddar man was held up as an example of diversity. So if its ok to do the same with trump and the queen, what male picture can we put on meghans?????

No. Why not put it on Catherine?s, Duchrss  then?

MM has a Black mommy. We get it. We heard it the first  287, 543 times and  on the wedding day, it will be mentioned over and over and over ...There is Ms. Doraia Ragland, the Black American mother of MM...on and on and on. Wait, that is the American press of NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN,lol, the so called Libersl networks. They will have, I can see it now, Dr. Cornell West  , all of the big talking heads to discuss Race In America and how this impacts the BRF....total , stupid, worthless, airtime .
FoxNews will probably just air a few segments of the wedding and that is all.
I am sure Fox will spin it sntiObama.
I am sure it is Obamas fault he will be invited and how that snubs atrump....Obamas fault for this couple meeting, etc.

It is all insane. Open season.

wannable

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on February 13, 2018, 06:17:02 PM
No. Why not put it on Catherine?s, Duchrss  then?

MM has a Black mommy. We get it. We heard it the first  287, 543 times and  on the wedding day, it will be mentioned over and over and over ...There is Ms. Doraia Ragland, the Black American mother of MM...on and on and on. Wait, that is the American press of NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN,lol, the so called Libersl networks. They will have, I can see it now, Dr. Cornell West  , all of the big talking heads to discuss Race In America and how this impacts the BRF....total , stupid, worthless, airtime .
FoxNews will probably just air a few segments of the wedding and that is all.
I am sure Fox will spin it sntiObama.
I am sure it is Obamas fault he will be invited and how that snubs atrump....Obamas fault for this couple meeting, etc.

It is all insane. Open season.

The media will use the best weapon to get audience (TV) and click-bate (news).  A few Government or Celebrity Z lister opening their mouth wide open.

Media***
If Harry would have married Cressida, the mother's 7 wedding husbands would have been mentioned, as you say hundreds and thousands of times, sniggering at "What She Did".  And Cress was already being smeared with whatever physical or behavior weakness - they use the comments section of forums and DM to make their next story.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on February 13, 2018, 06:04:41 PM
No. It is not. Ask Kathy Griffin, who is now on the Z list again, how did that head holding mannequin work out for her. Where is AlFranken?

Al Franken was groping womens breasts while they slept on camera and Kathy Griffin advocated the beheading of the president, back in the day the secret service would ship you to a secret govt jail if you just mad a bad joke about harming the President. Both not the same thing at all.

Meghan just got a taste of the satire and stuff that shell have to put up with as a public figure, the left got a taste of their own medicine after the whole Trump-queen thing and touting the new face of old Britain. Its not in the best taste or something id enjoy, but its what you have to put up with living in a free country :shrug:

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Kritter

QuoteAl Franken was groping womens breasts while they slept on camera and Kathy Griffin advocated the beheading of the president,

Taking things out of context doesn't make it true.   :P

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: SophieChloe on February 14, 2018, 12:30:26 AM
What an absolute hateful toss-pot he is.

OY!!! Thats no way to talk to a member @SophieChloe Its this kind of stuff that gives ppl "outrage fatigue" and why SJW's are getting tuned out by the general public. I didnt say I liked it, I just pointed out the hypocrisy on the left over it.

Kritter

Duch_Luver_4ever