Crash survivor says Prince William saved his life!!

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, January 29, 2018, 12:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Crash survivor says Prince William saved his life | Daily Mail Online

This is the kind of thing im talking about in terms of impact and quality vs quantity in terms of engagements and such as far as the work the royals do.

While PP is unveiling a plaque or having tea with octogenarians, Edward and Andrew are out trying to prove they still matter with some banal events, whats William doing? LITERALLY saving someone life, someone that would be dead is now alive thanks to the work he(and others) did that day.

Even Harry, when he was in the service, he was in actual active service and one of the few royals to actually earn a medal, not handed out like candy to look smart at the next trooping ceremony. He didnt quit after a couple weeks like his uncle Eddy, or like his father, in a page out of the Caine Mutiny, goof up and damage his ship, far away from any possibility of action, at least Andrew did some active service in harms way (although I think if theyd have let Anne serve shed have outdid them all, she a tough lady).

If hes taking it a bit easier for ppls taste, I think hes earned it.

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Thank you for sharing the story. Looked at the photos @Duch_Luver_4ever and I'm amazed that this young man survived the crash. :o He's extremely fortunate that Air Ambulance service could reach him and take him to the hospital in time. He "died" twice while en route.

Yes it is good to know that different royals have been known to actually lend a hand to their fellow countrymen and women. Be it King Abdullah helping Jordanians tackle a rare snow fall or Harry helping the wounded with first aid, it is a change from the usual appearances made on behalf of their patronages. I can imagine that they like the opportunity to be the ones helping too instead of just thanking those who are routinely called to aid others as first responders, ER physicians and more.  :)

QuoteAt the end of his two year's of service, the prince said the A10 accident was one among the most 'daunting' incidents he experienced.

'Another rescue that sticks in my mind was to a young man who was involved in a road accident,' he said in a letter to colleagues 'His uncle in the car with him sadly didn't survive, and I was sure that from what we were faced with he wouldn't either - but thanks to the skills of our medical team he is alive today.

'We were first on scene and in such circumstances we all had to pitch in to fight to save the young man's life. It is days like this, when you know you have made a difference, that give you the determination to keep going.

Duch_Luver_4ever

YW @TLLK I think a lot of the fuss over royal generations and their work ethic is a lot like most ppls view of generations. Ill bet wayyyy back some old fuddies were going on saying how soft PP and his generation  was compared to them, and so on, etc. Im sure William the Conqueror got s@#$ from his dad about how hed have done it back in HIS day   :lol:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

wannable

The DM follow up on Prince William goodbye letter last year with the EAAA.  Good job!

@Duch_Luver_4ever William is the only Royal with the "Saving Lives" real job, other royals in the Military  real job were in a " Combat = Killing (the enemy)" role; Andrew and Harry.  One may think though that whilst doing that, they were saving their own soldiers, which is what is engrained to each military country.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Thats true @wannable I didnt do a good enough job of saying I put Harry in as another example of royals doing something above and beyond whats required of them, one could certainly say that when youre shooting at someone youre not giving them life saving help  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes one could argue the whole saving their mates, or even the whole "fight them there so we dont fight them here thing" but the chances of the Taliban marching enmasse on London was about the same as the Argentinians sailing up the Thames back in the 80s, pretty low.  :goodpost:

Kritter

William must need some good PR to be bringing this up or the boy wants his 15. It wasn't the Doctor or Medic or even the pilot but the guy with the unessential job that gets credit.   :lol:

Duch_Luver_4ever

Id say if your heart stops and someone re-starts it, they get credit for saving your life.....

TLLK

It was a team effort so IMO all of the team members should be credited including William. :nod: