Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding St George's Chapel Windsor 19/5/18 - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, January 23, 2018, 05:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Wonder if the stars were consulted for the timing, idk if Harry follows them like his mum, it strikes me that Meghan would be into that sort of thing.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

Harry 'adamant' aunt Sarah Ferguson isn't invited to his wedding to Meghan Markle

QuotePRINCE Harry has not invited aunt Sarah Ferguson to his wedding to Meghan Markle, The Sun on Sunday can reveal.

Invites to the 600 guests who have made the guestlist for the royal event of the year will be sent out this week - but The Duchess of York will not be receiving one.

How do they know she isn't invited? If she wasn't invited because of PP then Harry should remind him that Sarah gave him two of his Grandchildren & he really needs to get over her mistakes since he has made many himself.

Curryong

She has been out of the Royal family as a divorced in law for a very long time, nearly a couple of decades now. I think they've all got the memo. No fraternising with Fergie or suffer the wrath of Khan from Grandpa.

Fergie wasn't invited to William's nuptials either and fled to Thailand. It's a bit of a shame, as Harry's very close to his Yorkie cousins, but if PP puts his foot down what are they to do?

I remember at the London Olympics Harry and some officials were seated in one corner of a deserted stand watching a team practice. Along came Fergie and her two girls. They sat at right angles on the opposite side of this huge stand with acres of space between them. Fergie and Harry both wore sunglasses and stared straight ahead. The two Princesses kept looking back to try and catch their cousin's eye but no luck!

There'll be a lot of royals staring into space at the October wedding, I think. The atmosphere at the reception between them and the bride's mother is likelier to be as icy as a polar bear's toe nail, IMO.

sara8150

Fergie 'not invited to Harry and Meghan's wedding': As Palace prepares to send out invites, Fergie gets snubbed... AGAIN!
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Fergie gets snubbed... AGAIN! | Daily Mail Online
Like Duke of Cambridge at his wedding 2011 they now Harry makes decisions to intive family and friends include members of royals family and Spencer Family but the brothers makes decisions to snubbed Fergie for reasons since 1992 toe suck in the tabloids its so history!! 

Double post auto-merged: February 04, 2018, 05:01:48 AM

'Not on the list' Meghan Markle and Harry give Sarah Ferguson wedding invite SNUB
'Not on the list' Meghan Markle and Harry give Sarah Ferguson wedding invite SNUB | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Curryong

I've observed over the years on forums that, when it comes to Fergie, those from 'across the pond' are a lot more forgiving of all those mishaps and boo boos of hers over the years than British people. Brits tend to dwell on her vulgarities and the embarrassment she's brought again and again to the BRF.

So let me just give the British side of Sarah not being a guest at Harry and Meghan's wedding. As far as the BRF are concerned I believe they just want a day with no tension, a day they can enjoy a family wedding. There would be tension if Sarah turned up with the rest of the Yorks. Prince Philip, a man in his late nineties would be seriously annoyed.

Sarah has been divorced from Andrew for at least twenty years. How many people invite ex brothers in law, sisters in law to family weddings in which the children they share with a family member aren't playing a major part?

In many ways any pathway back into the Royal family, like attending a major wedding, could be treated by Fergie as a major PR and commercial opportunity. More interviews, more chances to get back on TV, sell things. The royals are wary of her. She is exuberant. Things come tumbling out of her mouth even when she doesn't mean them to.

Yes, Harry is friendly with his cousins. However, Beatrice and Eugenie have long been used to going to Royal events without their Mum. This is just one more. They are not likely to dissolve into despair and oceans of tears because of it.

Yes, Harry has stayed at the Yorks' ski chalet. It's actually his uncle Andrew's property just as much as it is Fergie's and how long ago was it when Harry stayed there last anyway? At the beginning of the Cressida romance in 2012, I think. That's quite a while ago, and IMO Harry doesn't 'owe' Fergie an invite for helping put him up there years ago.

So IMO it's up to the bride and groom and the family who are paying for this to decide who to invite. If that means Fergie's a no show, well then she'll just have to suck it up and look forward to October, when she will play a major role in Eugenie's wedding and the Royal family will just have to bite their lips.

TLLK

I wonder if Sarah's recent messages on social media and her open letter to Jack confirmed Harry's misgivings about issuing an invitation? Come October everyone will put on their best behavior for Eugenie and. Jack 's wedding. Good thing that it won't be broadcast.

Curryong

^ It may have, TLLK. I do think Andrew had a word and told her to cut it out!  I just think the Royal family have seen all the OTT behaviour over the years and don't want any gushy interviews about these particular nuptials. Imo Fergie just wouldn't be able to stop. She can just restrain herself until October. It shouldn't be that hard.

royalanthropologist

Oh God...not the snub wars again. :notamused: It is this nonsense that sets up the BRF to fail. If you pretend you are perfect, don't be amazed when people highlight all your faults when you fall. That family should be the last to persecute anyone because they are "undignified". For the last 30 years, the family has been anything but dignified telling all sorts to all sorts.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

QuoteSarah has been divorced from Andrew for at least twenty years. How many people invite ex brothers in law, sisters in law to family weddings in which the children they share with a family member aren't playing a major part
I have to agree @Curryong. Should Mark Phillips or Charles Spencers' ex-wives Victoria and Caroline who themselves are parents of Harry's Windsor/Spencer first cousins be expecting an invitation as well? At some point I do believe you can say no to someone on your guest list especially if you have concerns about their behavior. TBH I'm not sure if Sarah is capable of restraining herself.

Sarah will obviously be present at Eugenie's wedding in October, there will be an opportunity to make polite conversation with her then. IMHO Andrews, Beatrice and Eugenie are all aware of the reasons why Sarah would not be invited.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: royalanthropologist on February 04, 2018, 01:42:55 PM
The Windsors suffer from an unedifying mean streak. Started with the treatment of Wallis Simpson and it has shown them up time and again. I really wish Wallis had a much longer life, if only to be able to laugh at them for the obvious hypocrisy. Sarah is a naughty girl but she is definitely not the worst of the bunch. If all Phillips' shenanigans were opened to the public, he too might be an embarrassment.

Some great posts @TLLK @Curryong and @royalanthropologist and give RA a hand for seeing both sides of the RF, as given her fav royal, one couldnt blame her for trying to downplay any of the items in her posts, so kudos.

I agree with @Curryong and appreciate the UK side of Fergie, as like Diana, the US tends to give them a pass, as I think they enjoyed seeing the RF become more "regular" without really understanding the RF.

I think a lot boils down to PP's mean streak, until he dies, Fergie will be banished, much like when QM was alive C&C couldnt marry. Also in the case of Harry's wedding, theres the case of Fergie and Diana being no speaks when she died. Now he may know the reason why and im sure hes heard Fergies apologies and wish theyd have patched things up, but he is very outspoken about his mum and he may feel hed be crossing her from beyond if he invites Fergie, idk.

At the very least hes got likely another 5 years living with PP, Fergie is out fo the picture and "will keep" until he dies if theres going to be any further closeness. Also the spate of social media posts likely put the final nail in for any slight chance of an invite, worried shed have her mouth open everywhere and hogging every microphone in sight LOL.

I think Fergie should stop playing the victim and focus on whatever her and Andrew are going to do when PP dies.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

sara8150

Meghan Markle's half-brother insists his children should NOT be invited to her wedding to Prince Harry because his son's 'haven't seen her since they were children'
Meghan Markle's half-brother says sons can't go to wedding | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: February 05, 2018, 01:06:34 AM

Who won?t be invited to Harry and Meghan?s wedding?
Who won?t be invited to Harry and Meghan?s wedding? ? Royal Central

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on February 04, 2018, 06:18:27 AM
^ It may have, TLLK. I do think Andrew had a word and told her to cut it out!  I just think the Royal family have seen all the OTT behaviour over the years and don't want any gushy interviews about these particular nuptials. Imo Fergie just wouldn't be able to stop. She can just restrain herself until October. It shouldn't be that hard.
Also it is likely that there have been problems between Sarah and other members of the family that have remained private (as they should) but have made it difficult for Harry to feel comfortable inviting her.

royalanthropologist

Sometimes weddings can provide an opportunity for family reunions and forgiveness. Maybe W&H are not into that sort of thing and would prefer to continue with the age old family feuds. It is rather sad that young people should be involved in the battles of their elders. Sarah is not exactly going to perform a strip-tease routine on the wedding. She might blog about it and even gush...but that is all. Sarah is not malicious.

Now talk about dysfunction and the Markle family is going to give the Windsors a run for their money. The family is inviting and disinviting itself before the official invitations are even out :hehe: :teehee: This is going to be such a fun royal summer with the BRF.  :lol:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

According to Richard Palmer's Twitter Page of a few hours ago journalists at the Express have found out that Harry is quite prepared to invite Sarah but the invitations haven't even been sent out yet. So heaven knows what's going on! (If they haven't been sent out then they will be soon. Three and a half months to go and invitations to Royal nuptials are usually sent well in advance.)

All the Markles need gags! I didn't bother to watch it but Samantha has been on an Aussie tv programme tonight doing one of her about-turns, being all sweet and reasonable but dropping pellets of poison in a long interview about Meghan. That woman is just the pits. She wants her fifteen minutes of fame so badly she can almost taste it.

wannable

My personal thoughts, and if I were H&M, I'd send Sarah Ferguson an invitation to both the wedding ceremony and reception.  IF Harry is advised by BP that PP...then he should speak directly to his Aunt Sarah, and send her the invite to the reception only, as granpa surely will not be ' dancing the night away'. 

Usually after the morning service, there's a 3-5 hour resting/changing period for the reception.

I am sure Harry will do the right thing, it will be very odd if he doesn't, as later in the year he inevitably will see his Aunt at his cousin Eugenie's wedding ceremony and reception. How can one have a straight cordial face after being hosted at her 1/2 ownership chalet, then snubbing her at your own wedding, then going to the wedding of your cousin - shake hands and hug at the reception family lineup where Andrew, Sarah, Eugenie, Jack and his parents will be there!

Duch_Luver_4ever

As for why W&K didnt invite and H&M may/will, I think a lot has to do with their cousins wedding this yr, like @wannable said, hard even for the royals for H&M to act all chummy in October after snubbing Sarah at their wedding. Also it raises the sticky question of the DoE going to that wedding in October if Sarah is snubbed from this one.

I totally get where @Curryong is coming from with the UK's view of Sarah and shes not helped herself with her social media diarrhea  :lol: but it might be a chance for everyone to be seen as the bigger people and it really wont cost a lot, its not like theyd put Sarah next to PP in seating and such.

Its just unfortunate timing with both weddings happening this year thats made it a bit stickier.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on February 05, 2018, 01:39:59 PM
My personal thoughts, and if I were H&M, I'd send Sarah Ferguson an invitation to both the wedding ceremony and reception.  IF Harry is advised by BP that PP...then he should speak directly to his Aunt Sarah, and send her the invite to the reception only, as granpa surely will not be ' dancing the night away'. 

Usually after the morning service, there's a 3-5 hour resting/changing period for the reception.

I am sure Harry will do the right thing, it will be very odd if he doesn't, as later in the year he inevitably will see his Aunt at his cousin Eugenie's wedding ceremony and reception. How can one have a straight cordial face after being hosted at her 1/2 ownership chalet, then snubbing her at your own wedding, then going to the wedding of your cousin - shake hands and hug at the reception family lineup where Andrew, Sarah, Eugenie, Jack and his parents will be there!

A wise and sensible  option @royalanthropologist .

wannable

Apparently Samantha Markle will be live as a Royal Wedding Correspondent to H&M wedding.   (As I said a couple of months ago, some USA TV network, Magazine or News site was going to pay the 'all inclusive' for Sam to travel, hotel, food, and now a salary)

Omid Scobie‏
Verified account
@_mio

Claims to want privacy, the best for her half-sister and not to be cashing in, yet (I?m told) has signed a $40k deal to be a ?wedding correspondent? on a morning TV show and accepted a $3k-per-week newspaper retainer

TLLK

I had a funny feeling that she'd receive an offer from someone to give some color commentary.  :wacko:

wannable

I bet Sam will use part of that money to help her dad Thomas, and that will be her "next" story, How Wheelchair Bound Sam helped daddy, whilst Princess Meghan (pushy or whatever flavor she wakes up with) will tell all to whoever pays. 

sandy

wannable

No, the scary part is Sam is a writer, producer, actress as a long term profession, was savy enough to get this. 

She is no butler or a none related career, hence she seems to know what to do next, to make the $$$.

TLLK

wannable

Yes, and with credentials too*.  Only one RC tweeted she was a nobody to write or speak in news or TV, oops, deleted...so live tv if she is a hit, scary times.  :happycry:

I think the groom and bride wedding day should be a happy one with no sour grapes reporting. Hopefully Sam will wake up May 19 with the right footing.  :partaay:

*People were full on focused on Meghan, they (some but not all the news editors) forgot or did not investigate that Sam has the same daddy schooling in Hollywood, with the difference that Sam is a writer, screenplay writer, producer, you name it like for the past 30 years. Because of her ailment, she has had to spend quite all in her treatment, but she has done well to have been able to purchase a nice one floor house with gardens in Florida.

sandy