The Prince of Wales & The Duchess of Cornwall - Duties / Engagements

Started by TLLK, January 17, 2018, 11:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Duch_Luver_4ever

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Dogs and horses try ballet? :P

Double post auto-merged: February 02, 2018, 04:35:20 PM

Clarence House on Twitter: "With a well-timed snip of the ribbon, The Prince of Wales officially opens the first phase of the restored Cotswold Canals

Double post auto-merged: February 02, 2018, 07:49:55 PM

23 pictures of Prince Charles on the canal at Stroud | Stroud News and Journal

Double post auto-merged: February 03, 2018, 01:18:39 AM

Court Circular 31st January:
The Prince of Wales this morning received Mr. Meurig Raymond (President, National Farmers Union).

Court Circular 1st February:
The Prince of Wales this afternoon attended a Plant Health and Biosecurity Conference

Double post auto-merged: February 03, 2018, 01:19:20 AM

Court Circular 31st January:
The Prince of Wales, Colonel, Welsh Guards, held a Regimental Council Meeting.

The Prince of Wales, Patron, University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, later received Mr. Feike Sijbesma (Chief Executive Officer, Koninklijke DSM).

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Meeting of The Prince of Wales' International Sustainability Unit, British Academy, Carlton House Terrace, London SW1.

The Prince of Wales, Patron, Macmillan Cancer Support, this evening held a Reception at Buckingham Palace.

Kritter

Prince Charles reveals cracked and tired looking hand | Daily Mail Online

QuoteAs the heir to the British throne, Prince Charles spends much of his time waving to crowds and pressing the flesh.

Which makes the rather painful-looking cracked palms he showed off at an engagement in the Cotswolds on Friday all the more unfortunate.   

The royal was photographed at the newly restored Cotswold Canal, where he cut a ribbon to mark the completion of the Wallbridge Lower Lock, in Stroud.

But as he waved to the waiting crowds the 69-year-old, who recently announced he would be scaling back his charity duties as he prepares to turn 70, exposed red and severely chapped skin on his right hand.

It is unclear whether what looked like a sore on the heel of the Prince of Wales' right hand was the result of an injury, or simply a case of the bitter winter temperatures taking a toll on Charles' skin. 

Prince Charles news: Royal opens Stonehouse canal | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

QuoteTHE Prince of Wales came face to face with a portrait of himself - painted by a four-year-old girl. Bella Bijlmer was with her parents, Anton, 37, and Rachael, 36, and nine-month-old sister Nayla to meet Prince Charles during a visit to Stroud in Gloucestershire on Friday.

It looks just like him.   :teehee:

Duch_Luver_4ever

For you older members, looks like Charles needs to pay Madge a visit and soak those hands in Palm-olive LOL :partaay:

TLLK

Duch_Luver_4ever

We should...man love that font and logo design on the bottle...so late 60s, scratches that nostalgia spot...woof woof

TLLK

Court Circular 5th February:
The Prince of Wales, Patron, the Hereford Cathedral Perpetual Trust, this evening held a Concert and Dinner at Buckingham Palace.

Kritter

Charles & Camilla open the London Power Tunnels project to Snap?s ?The Power? ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall received an unexpected surprise on Wednesday morning after a rendition of Snap?s ?The Power? played as they opened National Grid?s London Power Tunnels Project.

TLLK

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall hosted a reception at BP 2/6/18 to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the British Asian Trust. The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the British Asian Trust - Zimbio

Duch_Luver_4ever

wannable

Lovely to see Rebecca English with Charles today ;)

(After the No, Yes brouhaha, the DM sent her to report on Charles, whilst Richard to the train station with HM EII)
(And Ms. Unity Blot from the DM,  hahaha what a name?! to Kate, honestly that name sounds like a group of junior apprentice royal correspondents, reminds me of the recently best seller films I've watched this past weeks; Mark Felt and The Post)

Kritter

Rebecca English‏Verified account @RE_DailyMail

QuoteChange of scene tonight: with the Duchess of Cornwall, met by Eve Pollard, @WIJ_UK event at @TheNedLondon
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVc9slnWsAUlMBy.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVc9sloW4AI6SU8.jpg

wannable

Rebecca must feel punished, her articles are not front and center.  Ms. Unity Blot (LOL, that name makes me chuckle every time) took the front cover at DM today.

TLLK

Camilla's engagement for this evening.

Camilla: Thriving press is part of what makes Britain great | Evening Times

QuoteThe Duchess of Cornwall praised Britain?s ?bold and thriving? press as she attended a reception celebrating women working in journalism.

Camilla joked she could hear ?pencils sharpening? as she teased a room full of journalists that her speech would include ?a royal story you may be unaware of?.

The reception, hosted by organisation Women in Journalism (WIJ), brought together women from across the world of media.

Double post auto-merged: February 08, 2018, 01:14:50 AM

Court Circular 6th February:
The Prince of Wales, President, the British Red Cross Society, this morning received Mr. David Bernstein (Chairman) and Mr. Michael Adamson (Chief Executive).

His Royal Highness, Patron, the Prince's Countryside Fund, received Mr. Matthew Barnes (Chief Executive Officer, Aldi Stores Limited).

The Prince of Wales, President, the British Asian Trust, later held a Meeting of the Advisory Council.

Kritter

Clarence House Verified account @ClarenceHouse

QuoteCongratulations to @emelisande, who today received an #MBE from The Prince of Wales for services to music.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVhGG4wX4AAS09a.jpg

Duch_Luver_4ever

I found it funny that she said stories about women are hard to be told, seems she and her adversary had no problem 30 years ago getting their stories told.

also both found a vibrant press both a great asset and hindrance at times.

TLLK

Court Circular 7th February:
The Prince of Wales this afternoon received Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Hillier (Chief of the Air Staff).

Kritter

Cepe Smith @CepeSmith

QuoteCamilla in Yorkshire on 16 Feb Celebrating bicentenary birth of Emily Bront? & 90 yrs of The Bront? Museum; plus meeting volunteers restoring locomotives & travel by steam train from Haworth to Oxenhope to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the  Keighley and Worth Valley Railway

Curryong

Lucky her. It sounds heavenly. Sometimes royals have the nicest times. I visited that Bronte museum once. It was well worth it.

TLLK

The Prince of Wales as Colonel-in-Chief of The Mercian Regiment visited the 1st Battalion The Mercian Regiment at Bulford Camp, Salisbury, today, February 9, to mark 10 years as Colonel-in-Chief and 40 years since becoming Colonel-in-Chief of The Cheshire Regiment:

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: TLLK on February 09, 2018, 03:30:45 PM
The Prince of Wales as Colonel-in-Chief of The Mercian Regiment visited the 1st Battalion The Mercian Regiment at Bulford Camp, Salisbury, today, February 9, to mark 10 years as Colonel-in-Chief and 40 years since becoming Colonel-in-Chief of The Cheshire Regiment:

Prince Charles greets Mercian Regiment's mascot goat | Daily Mail Online

OMG that first pic of him in a helmet LOL  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Second pic of him in the tank "Jolly good i dont have to run in an election, I think this is how Dukasis (sp) lost his run for president"

Ever notice Diana could do those types of visits and not look like a total tosser  :happy17:

Kritter

Royal Circular @Royal_Circular

QuotePrince Charles and Camilla will visit Calderdale on Friday 16th February. Engagements include a tour of Halifax's Piece Hall following its transformation.