French court awards to Duchess of Cambridge on topless pictures

Started by sara8150, September 05, 2017, 01:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

French Court Awards Princess Kate Almost $120,000 in Damages Over Topless Photo Scandal
French Court Awards Princess Kate Almost $120,000 in Damages Over Topless Photo Scandal

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 01:37:18 PM

French magazine is ordered to pay the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 103,000 euros in damages for publishing topless photographs of Kate Middleton
French magazine to pay 100,000 euros over Kate pictures | Daily Mail Online
In USA is $120,000 and European is £103,000

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 01:40:53 PM

Duchess wins damages over topless photos
Duchess wins damages over topless photos - BBC News

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 01:42:00 PM

Duchess of Cambridge topless pictures ruling: Closer magazine ordered to pay €100k in damages
Duchess of Cambridge topless pictures ruling: Closer magazine ordered to pay ?100k in damages

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 01:42:58 PM

Kate topless pics: Closer magazine ordered to pay €100k damages
Kate topless pics: Closer magazine ordered to pay ?100k damages

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 01:45:26 PM

Court awards Duchess of Cambridge damages over topless photos
Court awards Duchess of Cambridge damages over topless photos | UK news | The Guardian

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 01:48:25 PM

French court orders damages of €100K over invasion of privacy
French court orders damages of ?100K over Kate topless photos | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 01:50:47 PM

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge awarded £95,000 in damages over topless photos' publication
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge awarded £95,000 in damages over topless photos' publication - ITV News

sandy

I hope they give the $$ to charity and do a public presentation to that charity.

TLLK

I'm not sure that it will be a public presentation but more likely a statement from KP and the charity that receives the donation.

I found this part of the Guardian article to be interesting.
QuoteFrench courts do not usually make large awards in such cases. The former president François Hollande's partner, Julie Gayet, was awarded €15,000 after Closer published pictures of them, and Florian Philippot, a vice-president of the far-right Front National, received a €20,000 award for the publication of photos of him with another man, said to be his partner.

So a fine of 100,000 Euros is quite substantial by French judicial standards.

sandy

TLLK

I agree @sandy that it would have a great impact, but that hasn't been the BRF's typical manner and response when they've received the outcome of a court ruling in the past.

amabel

Why would they do a public presentation.  Theres no need, it was an embarrassing and unpleanst happening that I'm sure they'd rather forget and let drop out of public memory. 

sandy

I somehow think this is not going to be the last lawsuit for them on privacy issues.

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on September 08, 2017, 12:40:56 PM
Why would they do a public presentation.  Theres no need, it was an embarrassing and unpleanst happening that I'm sure they'd rather forget and let drop out of public memory. 
I agree @amabel. They will likely make a quiet donation to the charities associated with the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.

Blue Clover

Yes! Donating the money to charities would be the right thing to do.