another snub for Diana

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, July 19, 2017, 05:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Why concert for Diana hit the wrong note with writer | Daily Mail Online

While I do enjoy the healthy back and forth on other threads regarding her "airbrushing", I found this interesting, whats that saying, its not paranoia when theyre really after you LOLZ.

Ill let you all decide, but the composer certainly feels so...although on a hot day, its nice to have the music from "The Snowman" in my head  :thumbsup: oh no, I just remembered he melted at the end   :cry:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

^ He melted in honour of Diana, Duch_.  :D I think that in all cases commercial people, (Mario) organisations, media people (Penny etc) just bend over backwards not to offend any members of the BRF, and if a dead Princess of Wales has to be 'forgotten' well...That's the way of the world, unfortunately and doesn't show those doing it in a great light. Now the orchestra has been shown up, by the composer no less, of course everyone concerned is back-pedalling at a hundred miles an hour. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

Duch_Luver_4ever

yes, im quite pleased he spoke up, as im assuming there would be a potential large business dis-incentive to do so.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

michelle0187

To quote diana " that f*cking family"

royalanthropologist

Reading the article I did not get any indicator that any member of the royal family had requested the order to be changed. It seems to have been a marketing decision by the orchestra itself. Snub it may be, but not by the royal family. Of course now that he has spoken up, it is safe to say that composer is not going to get too many commissions from the Windsors.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Trudie

Why because Andrew is it's patron?. Sarah had and still does more to embarrass the Windsors than Diana ever could have. This is all about kow towing toward the next reign.

TLLK

QuoteIll let you all decide, but the composer certainly feels so...although on a hot day, its nice to have the music from "The Snowman" in my head  :thumbsup: oh no, I just remembered he melted at the end   :cry:

Seems a bit petty that it was not played, though I do agree with @royalanthropologist  that there is no mention in the article that this was done at the request of the BRF.

Trudie

The royal family wasn't mentioned only that Andrew is the patron of this particular Philharmonic and Charles is patron of another Philharmonic. From what I gathered TPTB at the philharmonic didn't want to cause offence to the RF as I said it appears to be kow towing towards the next reign.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: TLLK on July 19, 2017, 11:09:54 PM
QuoteIll let you all decide, but the composer certainly feels so...although on a hot day, its nice to have the music from "The Snowman" in my head  :thumbsup: oh no, I just remembered he melted at the end   :cry:

Seems a bit petty that it was not played, though I do agree with @royalanthropologist  that there is no mention in the article that this was done at the request of the BRF.

Thats true but I think we all know that most ppl that want to curry the royal favor will often "self-censor" so as to to put their desired patrons on the spot. It may not be official decree but if it looks like a duck...etc. not to mention Andrew is still close with Sarah, and im sure he hasnt forgotten the spat the two of them had.

royalanthropologist

It all sounds incredibly petty in my opinion.  That concerto was written to commemorate Diana's 30th birthday. At the time her personal life was in turmoil. She was kind of stuck in a dead end marriage with no discernible way out. Ordinarily one would expect that they would spend their birthday with their spouse but this was no ordinary marriage. I am sure that concerto meant a lot to Diana since she was always deprived of praise or encouragement from those closest to her. It was just like a reminder that there were still people out there who loved and appreciated her despite the mess that was happening in her marriage.

It seems extraordinary that 20 years after Diana died, anyone would be offended by a promotion and performance of that concerto. I would have thought it a fitting tribute. Whatever rights, wrongs, disagreements, quarrels etc. that the RF had with Diana the fact is that she is now dead. I think everyone should take a chill pill and move on from the acrimony of those unhappy years. If someone wants to do a touching tribute to Diana, it should not be taken to be a snub or affront to members of the royal family.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace