Charles and Camilla Birthdays, Anniversaries, and milestones thread- All Years

Started by sara8150, July 02, 2017, 07:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanDianaFancy

Of course he   would. When has he not  had  a lavish party  honoring her.
How much  of this article is true?  PW and K there ?  PH there and with MM if  she is  with  him ?
300  people? 
Junor  would , no doubt, make the  list.

Curryong

Junor will probably be guest of honour after Camilla. Yes, William and Harry (and Kate) will be there. How could it be otherwise? Charles's sensitivities on the issue will come into play and even if they don't particularly want to be there they'll turn up.

amabel

Of course they are going to go, its expected and I'm sure they love their father anyway. I doubt if Junor is likely to be a guest, I should no think she's a firend, just a journalist.

LouisFerdinand

The picture of Charles and Camilla in the Garden Room is spectacular. The artwork on the background wall is excellent.

sandy

Charles is really getting a lot of mileage out of the birthday, he's logged in quite a few. The Queen only gets two.

TLLK

Confirmed and expected royal guests for the PoW 70th birthday celebration hosted by QEII at BP. Confirmed: Denmark-CP couple. Serbia-CP couple. Expected-Norway-TM King and Queen. Declined-Sweden-hosting Italy for a state visit.

Royal guests revealed for The Prince of Wales?s 70th birthday dinner ? Royal Central (A little surprised at the photo that accompanies the article, but it might be one of the few photos of a large gathering of European royals. Photo was taken for King Harald's birthday.)

QuoteTo mark Prince Charles?s milestone birthday, The Queen will host a reception and dinner in the State Rooms of Buckingham Palace on 14 November. Close family and several other European royals are expected to attend. A new BBC documentary, Prince, Son and Heir: Charles at 70 will also air to coincide with the milestone birthday, featuring interviews with the Prince, the Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William and Prince Harry.

Curryong

If not a lot of foreign royalty turn up to this, apart from perhaps the Greeks, Serbians and others without thrones, then all I can say is to HM and Charles is 'What can you expect?' Getting on my high horse about this as usual, but sending just Sophie to King Harald of Norway's big 80th birthday bash, when other sovereigns and Crown Princes turned up was an awful insult IMO, and using the King's birthday photo of the celebration when Charles couldn't be bothered to turn up to it himself, (along with all the other Royal celebratory occasions missed by Charles and Elizabeth over the decades) is just the cherry on top of the insult by Royal Central as far as I'm concerned.

sara8150

Royal guest list for Prince Charles' 70th birthday dinner revealed | Daily Mail Online

CP couples from Denmark,HM king and Queen from Sweden,HM King and HM Queen from Norway and Serbian royals

But we have wait and see who reveals for Prince Charles?s 70th birthday dinner kept posted

amabel

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on November 07, 2018, 04:55:56 AM
If not a lot of foreign royalty turn up to this, apart from perhaps the Greeks, Serbians and others without thrones, then all I can say is to HM and Charles is 'What can you expect?' Getting on my high horse about this as usual, but sending just Sophie to King Harald of Norway's big 80th birthday bash, when other sovereigns and Crown Princes turned up was an awful insult IMO, and using the King's birthday photo of the celebration when Charles couldn't be bothered to turn up to it himself, (along with all the other Royal celebratory occasions missed by Charles and Elizabeth over the decades) is just the cherry on top of the insult by Royal Central as far as I'm concerned.
Honestly I believe that QEII and the PoW know that their closest friends among European royals (Harald/Sonja, Constantine/Anne Marie, Alexander/Katherine) who are still in good health will come to the event. I'm not surprised that Margrethe is not coming considering that 2018 has been a challenging year for her, but Frederik and Mary will be there.  Edward and Sophie are the ones who are of a similar age and stage with the younger group of reigning monarchs in Belgium, Spain, and the NL so there is still somewhat of a connection with those monarchs.

Curryong

Speculative article in the Express about whether Fergie will be invited to Charles's birthday bash. I don't see why, as a divorced sister in law she would be, unless Andrew makes some sort of row about it.

Sarah Ferguson: Will Duchess of York be invited to Prince Charles' 70th birthday | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on November 08, 2018, 12:11:59 AM
Speculative article in the Express about whether Fergie will be invited to Charles's birthday bash. I don't see why, as a divorced sister in law she would be, unless Andrew makes some sort of row about it.

Sarah Ferguson: Will Duchess of York be invited to Prince Charles' 70th birthday | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

We have wait and see who on the lists to reveals underwraps but member of British royals family is intive on the lists..

Fergie is no longer member of British Royal family but she will be guests we have wait and see..

Prince Charles wanted intived family and friends plus foreign royals guests on the lists..

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on November 07, 2018, 08:32:10 PM
Honestly I believe that QEII and the PoW know that their closest friends among European royals (Harald/Sonja, Constantine/Anne Marie, Alexander/Katherine) who are still in good health will come to the event. I'm not surprised that Margrethe is not coming considering that 2018 has been a challenging year for her, but Frederik and Mary will be there.  Edward and Sophie are the ones who are of a similar age and stage with the younger group of reigning monarchs in Belgium, Spain, and the NL so there is still somewhat of a connection with those monarchs.
I am sure that Charles and the queen want his good friends and relatives he's fondest of, at the party. Of course tehre will be some people who are invited because they have to be, because of work, family or other connextions, but I doubt if Charles is getting upset if there are "only" a few crowned heads.

Curryong

Of course Queen Maxi has been sick, but I have read elsewhere that there is a good chance that King W.A, Maxi and Princess Beatrix will be in London for the birthday celebrations. Apparently the visiting Austrian President is having an evening banquet hosted in The Hague, not by the King and Queen, but by the Dutch PM, on the 14th.

Curryong

There has been a reply from the Norwegian royals I read on another forum. The King, Queen, CP and CPss (in spite of her illness and fear of flying) will be present at BP on the 14th.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on November 10, 2018, 12:49:06 AM
There has been a reply from the Norwegian royals I read on another forum. The King, Queen, CP and CPss (in spite of her illness and fear of flying) will be present at BP on the 14th.

I?m agreed with you,@Curryong

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Curryong on November 08, 2018, 12:11:59 AM

No.
Sarah is there yapping again and yapping nonsense . Her son -in-law will be a wonderful Consort. No. He is Princess Eug husband.
Consort...comparison to QVictoria and PAlbert.
Eug is heir to the throne.

See the daily mail.

If  this were Beas or Eug or even Andrews birthday, Sarah would be listed. PCs, no.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Curryong on November 03, 2018, 11:44:34 PM
Charles and Meghan have a 'remarkable bond' because they both come from dysfunctional families | Daily Mail Online

I'd believe at least a bit of this bs if it wasn't the Fail peddling it!

Ahhhhh, the overdrive of the praises of PC on his milestone birthday.
PR , TPTB, the PC and C fan journalists are going into overdrive to the point of insanity.
Well, it is to be expected.

PC did not come from a dysfunctional family.
He had two loving parents who were and still are married to each other.
He had no crazy half siblings. He had no financial woes. He has memories of his parents and family and grandmother in his youth of family gatherings.

Yesyesyes, ohohoh, PP could have been tough.
Ohohoh, QEII  and PP had to leave PC and Anne, then PR, with their nannies, guards, cooks, drivers, doctors on call tutors, cleaners, and  the loving care of HRH, their grandmother.

People lieave their kids and spouses  all the time for military service..

M and PW,PH came from broken homes. Divorced parents. Ms had financial struggles. M has no siblings. Half- siblings who are crazy. One is a criminal and the other is certifiable nuts.
W and H are full siblings, sane, with no criminal backgrounds and are very close.

sara8150

Gert's Royals on Twitter: "The Norway Palace has confirmed that King Harad, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit will
HM King and Queen,CP couples Haakon and M&M will be there

Double post auto-merged: November 10, 2018, 06:19:00 PM

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on November 10, 2018, 04:42:43 PM
No.
Sarah is there yapping again and yapping nonsense . Her son -in-law will be a wonderful Consort. No. He is Princess Eug husband.
Consort...comparison to QVictoria and PAlbert.
Eug is heir to the throne.

See the daily mail.

If  this were Beas or Eug or even Andrews birthday, Sarah would be listed. PCs, no.

You know Eugenie is not heir Charles and William is future monarchy

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: sara8150 on November 10, 2018, 06:17:23 PM
Gert's Royals on Twitter: "The Norway Palace has confirmed that King Harad, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit will
HM King and Queen,CP couples Haakon and M&M will be there

Double post auto-merged: November 10, 2018, 06:19:00 PM

You know Eugenie is not heir Charles and William is future monarchy

Yes sara8150  I know Eug and Bea are NOT the future monarchs, BUT SARAH DOESNT, LOL.
See the daily mail. Sarah yapping, yapping. Just when you can feel sympathy fir her or praise fir being perfect all for her daughters wedding, she spews nonsense AFTER, LOL. Too funny.

Curryong

Have just read elsewhere that King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of the Belgians have accepted an invitation to Prince Charles's seventieth birthday reception. I wonder whether the Spanish (or at least ex Queen Sophia) will be there. She and her brother Constantine have always been close to Charles and if Constantine can't make it because of his physical condition at least several of his children/grandchildren probably will.

TLLK

The NL has confirmed that Princess Beatrix will be in attendance at the party. I agree @Curryong that we'll likely see the Greek royals with Queen Sofia there too.  :)