Buckingham Palace Garden Parties 2017

Started by TLLK, May 16, 2017, 09:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

The first garden party of the year was held today at Buckingham Palace hosted by HM the Queen. Also in attendance were: the DoE, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Princess Royal and Princess Beatrice of York.

Video of the National Anthem

Twitter

Curryong

William was overheard hinting about a visit to Scandinavia in the future when speaking to a couple of people. If the Cambridges do go on tour to the Scandinavian countries in the near future it will be interesting IMO to see them interacting with members of the Swedish, Danish and Norwegian Royal families.

I don't know if they have met the Norwegian King and Queen, who stay at Sandringham regularly, but I don't think they have met many of the others, especially as William and Kate certainly didn't know who Princes Daniel and Carl-Philip were when they came up to greet them at the London Olympics.

They have met the Crown Prince couple of Denmark at Ascot I believe. I'm all for the different Royal families mixing and getting to know each other, as you know from my posts on King Harald's birthday, so I think this is a great idea. Hope it comes off!

TLLK

Yes I agree that it is time for the Cambridges to meet their Scandinavian counterparts. Victoria and Daniel are the ones closest in age and stage for the Cambridges, so there should be some common ground there.

LouisFerdinand

Windsor

Princess Michael of Kent looked very regal and glamorous at this Garden Party. Its a shame we don't see more of her.