Princes William and Harry to present Diana's award on May 18,2017

Started by sara8150, April 11, 2017, 08:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Princes William and Harry to present award in memory of their mother Princess Diana
Princes William and Harry to present Diana Award

Double post auto-merged: April 11, 2017, 08:52:52 PM

Prince William and Prince Harry to Present Award in Princess Diana's Name to Honor Their Mom's Legacy
Prince William and Prince Harry to Present Diana Award

Double post auto-merged: April 11, 2017, 09:07:16 PM

Princess Diana 20th anniversary: William and Harry to give out new award in her memory
William and Harry to give out new award in Princess Diana's memory | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: April 11, 2017, 09:08:07 PM

Princess Diana 20th anniversary: Prince William and Harry commission two TV tribute shows
Princess Diana 20th anniversary: Prince William and Harry commission two TV tribute shows | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
[mod]Edited to correct title. [/mod]

Curryong

Who better to present these awards than Diana's two sons! I think it's excellent that they are getting involved in projects named and associated with their mother, and in this case with awards which reward people for their compassion, kindness and empathy to others, qualities very much associated with Diana.

As for the two TV tributes by William and Harry and others who remember her, some might regard these as unnecessarily maudlin after twenty years. I had mixed feelings myself when I first heard the Princes' memories of their mother's death and funeral were going to be presented for public consumption. However, it may well turn out to be both interesting and surprising. It might even be cathartic for these two men to relive that awful time. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing these documentaries.

sara8150

Prince William and Prince Harry to Present Award in Princess Diana's Name to Honor Their Mom's Legacy
Prince William and Prince Harry to Present Diana Award

TLLK

sara8150

'She still inspires countless acts of bravery': Prince William pays tribute to his mother Diana as he and Harry present inaugural awards established in her memory
Prince William and Harry present the Diana Legacy Award | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: May 18, 2017, 07:47:13 PM

Prince William on Diana: 'She Was Taken at Only 36, Just Slightly Older Than I Am Today'
Princes William and Harry Reward Young Heroes at Diana Awards

Double post auto-merged: May 18, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Princes William and Harry pay tribute to Princess Diana at The Diana Awards
Princes William and Harry pay tribute to Princess Diana

Double post auto-merged: May 18, 2017, 07:51:50 PM

Princess Diana taught sons to work 'just as hard when the cameras are off', Prince Harry reveals
Princess Diana taught sons to work 'just as hard when the cameras are off', Prince Harry reveals

Double post auto-merged: May 18, 2017, 07:52:57 PM

William and Harry to attend awards ceremony in memory of Lady Diana
William and Harry to attend awards ceremony in memory of Lady Diana

Double post auto-merged: May 18, 2017, 07:55:12 PM

William and Harry hail Diana's legacy as they honour 20 inspirational youngsters
William and Harry hail Diana's legacy as they honour 20 inspirational youngsters | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: May 18, 2017, 07:57:24 PM

Prince William and Harry pay tribute to Lady Diana at awards celebrating her memory
Prince William and Harry pay tribute to Lady Diana at awards celebrating her memory - ITV News

Curryong

I think this Award is such a terrific idea. It encompasses all the caring qualities and empathy with suffering that Diana possessed in such a large measure. It's great that her two sons are carrying on some of her work and were there at the inaugural ceremony. Each and every one of those winners was an absolute inspiration. I'm in awe, especially as several suffered from significant physical conditions themselves but still help others.

Jennifer

QuotePrince William gives touching speech about his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales

Speaking at the Diana Awards ceremony at St James's Palace, Prince William gave a touching tribute to his late mother when he said she is still the inspiration behind "countless acts of compassion and bravery".

Joined by his brother, Prince Harry, the Duke of Cambridge spoke warmly about their mother's legacy, saying: "This summer marks 20 years since our mother died, and she achieved so much in her life, from helping to shatter the stigma around Aids, to fighting to ban landmines and supporting the homeless – she touched the lives of millions.

"The truth is though, she was taken at only 36, just slightly older than I am today.

Read more:
Prince William gives touching speech about his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales – Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: May 21, 2017, 11:38:53 AM

QuotePrince William: Our mum 'touched the lives of millions'

Princes William and Harry spoke passionately about how their mother changed the world, as they reflected on their mother's legacy at the launch of the inaugural Legacy Award from the Diana Award charity at St James Palace on Thursday.

The 20 Legacy Award winners, all aged between 11 – 18, were chosen for their acts of goodwill, compassion, kindness and service, something the Princess of Wales was well-known for.

Read more:
Prince William: Our mum 'touched the lives of millions'

Double post auto-merged: May 21, 2017, 11:42:42 AM

QuoteWilliam and Harry On Diana's Legacy

PRINCE WILLIAM took the opportunity while presenting 20 young people with the Legacy Award - the award set up by in Princess Diana's name to recognise the impact they have made on society - to honour his late mother yesterday.

"This summer marks 20 years since our mother died. She achieved so much in her life. From helping to shatter the stigma around aids, to fighting to ban landmines and supporting the homeless — she touched the lives of millions," said William. "The truth is, though, that she was taken at only 36, just slightly older than I am today. But of course, we can never know what our mother would have gone on to do. But in one sense, Harry and I feel that our mother lives on in the countless acts of compassion and bravery that she inspires in others."

Prince Harry also joined his brother at the event, echoing his sentiment, and heaping praise on the recipients of the award.

Read more:
Prince William Remembers Mother Princess Diana At Legacy Awards London | British Vogue
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston