The Wales': Joint Mental Health Patronages ie- Heads Together

Started by TLLK, March 06, 2016, 01:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Jennifer

QuoteDuchess of Cambridge hosts Heads Together runners and praises Prince Harry

The Duchess of Cambridge hosted runners at Kensington Palace ahead of the London Marathon next week for the Heads Together charity.

The Duchess also launched a series of Heads Together headbands around London that will adorn post boxes ahead of the marathon.

Her Royal Highness spoke to several runners during the visit, asking eight-year-old Bella Rodway, "Do you talk about your feelings to anyone? You need to lead the way with your friends. Even if you are not feeling good or worried about stuff."

Read more:
Duchess of Cambridge hosts Heads Together runners and praises Prince Harry – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Jennifer

QuotePrince William and Lady Gaga team up

As part of the Heads Together #oktosay films, Lady Gaga has joined Prince William in the latest video to help people speak openly about mental health.

The World Premiere of the film aired on the Royal Family's Facebook page. Lady Gaga spoke to the Duke of Cambridge over FaceTime located in Los Angeles and London respectively.

Lady Gaga started the Born This Way Foundation, which she wrote an open letter speaking of her Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from being assaulted.

Read more:
Prince William and Lady Gaga team up – Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2017, 11:22:46 AM

QuotePrince William's unlikely date with Lady Gaga

LADY Gaga has been praised by Prince William after she shared an open letter describing her struggle with mental health.

Prince William, 34, had a FaceTime conversation with the pop star to discuss their charity work, The Sun reports.

The Prince told Lady Gaga: "I thought it was incredibly moving and very brave of you to write down such personal feelings."

Read more:
Lady Gaga, Prince William sit down for unlikely conversation
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Jennifer

It's tragic to lose a wonderful mother at a young age. I heard other stories of children who lost their mothers at a young age that have trouble coping with the tragedy. At least Prince William had the support of his friends and brother to help him. He did well to offer his support for those who lost their mother or other beloved family member at such a young age.

QuotePrince William reveals he still struggles with mum Diana's death 20 years later

Prince William has revealed he continues to struggle with the death of his late mum, Princess Diana.

The Duke of Cambridge said the shock of his mother's death lives with him to this day as he sympathised with a London Marathon runner who appealed for advice on how to comfort her bereaved children.

William told Rhian Burke, 39, who suffered the double loss of her one-year-old son and husband within days of each other, that her son and daughter would be well looked after as she would 'provide the blanket of stability and understanding that they need'.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/19/prince-william-reveals-he-still-struggles-with-mum-dianas-death-20-years-later-6583165/#ixzz4emxN8UpS

QuoteWhile Prince William turned to friends after Princess Diana's death, younger brother Harry went off the rails

FOUR days after his mother's funeral, Prince William returned to Eton College to find 600 letters waiting for him.

Over half the school had written to him, offering their condolences, but with the firm instruction that there was no need to reply.

A fellow pupil said: "It was simply a show of solidarity."

Read more:
While Prince William had the support of friends, his younger brother Harry went off the rails in wake of Princess Diana's death

PaulaB

My paternal grandmother found she had breast cancer in 1940 when my father was 8.  Because treatment was so bad she killed herself by coal gas poisoning my father never got over that it affected his life until he died 64 years later.

Lothwen

My mom died when I was 20 from a car accident.  It's not something I think about on a daily basis,  but it was hard getting married and not having her there.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

sara8150

Quote from: Lothwen on April 20, 2017, 08:20:57 PM
My mom died when I was 20 from a car accident.  It's not something I think about on a daily basis,  but it was hard getting married and not having her there.

Agree with you!!

William and Harry have no mom when both young at 15 and 12 years old and William decide to memory of their mom if she was here for William's wedding to Kate in 2011

TLLK

Curryong

I am very glad to see that the podcast helped and encouraged people to make that initial call. I said yesterday on Twitter that if this initiative helps even one person to seek help it will be worth it. There's been a great deal of cynical sneering about royals talking about what ails them and Katie Hopkins is an expert on this sort of put-down IMO. I'd like to know what initiatives in any area of public health she has started, actually.

Lothwen

I think it helps when they talk about personal issues and struggles, rather than spouting vague platitudes. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

TLLK

amabel

I think a certain discussion of their own problems may help other people to feel "there's no shame in being depressed about X, even if it was years after it happened or for seeking for help for my depression...." 

TLLK

QuoteThe Queen has backed the decision by the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry to speak out about their mental health, expressing her "pride" at the campaign they have spearheaded with the Duchess of Cambridge.

Their Heads Together scheme, tackling the stigma around mental health and encouraging people to speak more openly about their struggles, is the official charity of today's London Marathon.

William, Kate and Harry are attending the race and have called for it to be known as the "mental health marathon".

Queen?s ?pride? over princes? mental health drive | News | The Times & The Sunday Times

TLLK

Valentina18

W,K,H ,looked like they had good time today at the marathon.They all seem very engaged and very friendly.I was a little freaked out when I saw William get splashed with water. Even though it may have been a joke people are crazy these days.Whoever threw the water was being disrespectful and invading someones personal space.William laughed it off but I would have been really upset. Next time if they are that close to runners they need at least an officer in front of the barrier next to them to prevent this ever happening again if they hand out water at the marathon in the future.

SophieChloe

IMO This week is nothing more than Brand Windsor hoping to keep the gravy train going.   After William living it up in the Alps.  And now he is all over the shop.  Do Me a flavour!
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Valentina18

I hope they continue to work and not slack on their duties otherwise the criticism will continue and make people start to question what do the royals do.

sara8150

One is not amused! Kate Middleton is less than impressed when a cheeky London marathon runner SPRAYS water at her and Prince William as they cheer competitors on
London Marathon runner sprays water at William and Kate | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: April 23, 2017, 07:12:59 PM

William and Kate Get Squirted with Water While Handing Out Drinks at London Marathon — and the Pic Is Priceless
Prince Harry, Kate Middleton, Prince William at London Marathon

Double post auto-merged: April 23, 2017, 07:14:32 PM

Prince Harry, Prince William and Kate Middleton cheer on London Marathon runners
Prince Harry, Prince William and Kate Middleton cheer on London Marathon runners

Double post auto-merged: April 23, 2017, 07:22:40 PM

Duchess Catherine, Prince William and Prince Harry attend Virgin Money London Marathon
Duchess Catherine, Prince William and Prince Harry attend Virgin Money London Marathon | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

Double post auto-merged: April 23, 2017, 07:31:54 PM

Royal seal of approval! Duchess of Cambridge presents the fastest man to run the London marathon while dressed as a STAR with his medal (but seems unsure where to hang it)
Duchess of Cambridge greets London marathon runners | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

A Royal send-off! Kate, William and Harry cheer runners on at London Marathon starting line - YouTube

Video of the trio cheering runners before the start of the marathon.

Double post auto-merged: April 23, 2017, 07:58:46 PM

Quote from: Valentina18 on April 23, 2017, 04:12:55 PM
W,K,H ,looked like they had good time today at the marathon.They all seem very engaged and very friendly.I was a little freaked out when I saw William get splashed with water. Even though it may have been a joke people are crazy these days.Whoever threw the water was being disrespectful and invading someones personal space.William laughed it off but I would have been really upset. Next time if they are that close to runners they need at least an officer in front of the barrier next to them to prevent this ever happening again if they hand out water at the marathon in the future.
Security was likely not happy with the water splashing because it could have been something else in the bottles (ie acid) and it would have splashed on to others besides the Cambridges too.

royalanthropologist

There's probably some PR involved at some level. I am rather surprised at how plummy Kate :eyes: sounds. She comes across as being even posher than William, if that is possible.  :eyes:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

Kate's accent has been discussed by observers from the days of her engagement interview onwards. Some of Kate's old schoolmates from her home village and Downe Park school days stated that she sounded quite different then.

SophieChloe

^^ & ^ - IMO Kate is trying so hard to sound posh that she has trouble actually moving her lips.

Maybe she had always sounded more posh than the Queen?   :hehe:

Double post auto-merged: April 24, 2017, 08:27:03 PM

Quote from: TLLK on April 23, 2017, 07:54:47 PM
Video of the trio cheering runners before the start of the marathon.Security was likely not happy with the water splashing because it could have been something else in the bottles (ie acid) and it would have splashed on to others besides the Cambridges too.
Positive PR mattered more to them than other peoples safety IMHO.  Needs Must!

SophieChloe

[gmod]Many threads have been merged under one header x[/gmod]

TLLK

QuoteAlmost £10million is believed to have been raised by The Royal Foundation and Heads Together, which will be ploughed back into digital initiatives to help people with mental health problems, better training for counsellors and more research into depression and other conditions.

Royals? mental health care crusade will continue to run beyond London Marathon | Royal | News | Express.co.uk