Diana and Disney World

Started by TLLK, March 20, 2017, 03:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Disney Gives Diana And Sons Royal Welcome - By Side Door - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel :Jen:

Hopefully Diana's grandchildren (current and future) will have as much fun at a Disney theme park one day.

Double post auto-merged: March 20, 2017, 03:24:33 AM

Prince Harry Makes Private Visit to Disney World - ABC News

Then in 2016 Harry had a second trip during the Invictus Games.

amabel

Isn't Harry a bit old for Disney?

TLLK

:lol: Well the House of Mouse would never set an age limit for their guests. I believe that he likely visited the park because of the WDW connection to the Invictus Games last year and perhaps to remember something of his childhood visit with his family.

Curryong

A lot of people in their twenties and thirties go to amusement parks. In fact a fellow worker's niece and her husband (both in their early thirties) have an ambition (if you can call it that) to visit as many of these amusement parks as they can, and in fact spent their honeymoon doing just that!

I have a problem with heights so many of those very scary rides are out for me, (I remember half strangling a boyfriend on top of the Big Dipper when I was a teen!) However, I would rather like to visit a Harry Potter theme park in the UK or US one day. I loved the Harry Potter books and films. I don't think any of us really lose that inner child, and Harry may also have been reliving some memories. He was in the Park for less than an hour.

Double post auto-merged: March 27, 2017, 10:27:25 PM

A lot of people in their twenties and thirties go to amusement parks. In fact a fellow worker's niece and her husband (both in their early thirties) have an ambition (if you can call it that) to visit as many of these amusement parks as they can, and in fact spent their honeymoon doing just that!

I have a problem with heights so many of those very scary rides are out for me, (I remember half strangling a boyfriend on top of the Big Dipper when I was a teen!) However, I would rather like to visit a Harry Potter theme park in the UK or US one day. I loved the Harry Potter books and films. I don't think any of us really lose that inner child, and Harry may also have been reliving some memories. He was in the Park for less than an hour.

TLLK

^^^@Curryong-You won't be disappointed in the Harry Potter theme parks. The attention to detail is truly amazing IMHO. However you might want to skip the rides at the ones in the UK, Florida and California if you are not comfortable on stomach churning ones. (I speak from experience!)

Curryong

Yes, I can imagine the various 'Harry Potter Worlds' being wonderful experiences, especially for fans. Maybe when my money pit house renovations which seem to be taking for ever are done, I'll be off. I think it will be to the UK one, though.

Seriously though, in Oz the Universal Studios theme park, Waterworld and others are visited and enjoyed by people of all ages, including me, each year. I forgot about Disney being a major sponsor of the Florida IG. I expect that was why that quick visit by Harry occured.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on March 27, 2017, 10:21:11 PM
:lol: Well the House of Mouse would never set an age limit for their guests. I believe that he likely visited the park because of the WDW connection to the Invictus Games last year and perhaps to remember something of his childhood visit with his family.
No but unless he's got kids In tow, I can't see that it would be very entertaaing.. well it is Hrry