Harry & Megan - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, March 17, 2017, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

QuoteYes, indeed, TLLK. I've always thought, probably wrongly, that the Scandinavian languages must be extremely hard to master, the Romance languages perhaps not so much. Therefore I've always had an extra bit of sympathy for Crown Princess Mary in that direction, (as well as going through the Scandi winters!) I remember ages ago meeting a Danish couple who, though they liked Mary, felt she still had trouble with the Danish accent.

I concur @Curryong. Mary had a difficult task ahead of her when she started to learn  Danish as an adult.  After puberty when the vocal folds are not as elastic, it is difficult to fully master a new accent. I'm sure that is why multi-lingual Prince Henrik could never sound like a Danish native. Similar comments have been made about Mathilde's and Maxima's Flemish/Dutch pronunciations too.

HsHCharlene

Pippa's wedding was beautiful and no, imo Meghan didn't deserve to be there. Only 120 people could fit into the church and over 300 were at the evening party. That makes over 100 people who didn't get to be in the church. Let's stop acting like Meghan deserves special treatment. I also just saw a segment on Wendy Williams where Meghan wanted to go on her show right before the relationship story broke. This woman is a grade A opportunist and I hope TPTB get rid of her soon because Harry isn't thinking with the right head.

sandy

Get rid of her?! They let Camilla in who is IMO the biggest opportunist of all. If Harry and Meghan decide to marry, they will get permission. Kate also was an opportunist, putting her life on hold for ten years to get the ring.

HsHCharlene

^Do you seriously think that Meghan wouldn't hold for ten years?  :lol:  She is so desperate it's obvious for everyone but Harry to see it. She is an opportunist because sh tried to get famous off the back of Harry. Kate and Camilla have always been discrete. As much as I think Camilla shouldn't be queen simply for breaking up the marriage of her predecessor, but she has loyalty to Charles and will always back him. Meghan is in this for self and has been since day 1. As soon as she realizes this isn't the Disney fantasy she hoped it would be, she'll bolt. This relationship won't go past this year simply because they don't have the personalities for longevity of relationships. Besides her marriage failed which increases the likelihood of her second and all subsequent marriages failing.  :thumbsdown:  Good to know that even her fans notice how much of an opportunist this woman is.

Curryong

Looking forward to Harry and Meghan's engagement, are we? Coming soon!

sandy

Quote from: HsHCharlene on May 27, 2017, 03:58:41 PM
^Do you seriously think that Meghan wouldn't hold for ten years?  :lol:  She is so desperate it's obvious for everyone but Harry to see it. She is an opportunist because sh tried to get famous off the back of Harry. Kate and Camilla have always been discrete. As much as I think Camilla shouldn't be queen simply for breaking up the marriage of her predecessor, but she has loyalty to Charles and will always back him. Meghan is in this for self and has been since day 1. As soon as she realizes this isn't the Disney fantasy she hoped it would be, she'll bolt. This relationship won't go past this year simply because they don't have the personalities for longevity of relationships. Besides her marriage failed which increases the likelihood of her second and all subsequent marriages failing.  :thumbsdown:  Good to know that even her fans notice how much of an opportunist this woman is.

The only thing is MEghan has a full time job. Kate had sporadic part time jobs since she graduated. Apparently Meghan is not going to quit her job until or if an engagement happens.

WHy wouldn't Camilla back Charles? She worked to get where she is today for years. Camilla was an opportunist because as Prince of Wales' mistress she had power and influence she also was an opportunist when she tried to "befriend" Lady Diana and undermined Diana every step of the way. Diana was willing to "back Charles" but Camilla wanted to be the one to "back him" and she succeeded. How is it not known that Meghan would not "back Harry?"

Valentina18

Meghan is in no way desperate like Kate was .Meghan has a steady job and continues to live her life while dating a prince.I can't wait for the announcement she will make a wonderful modern duchess.

Kate

Quote from: Valentina18 on May 27, 2017, 05:06:35 PM
Meghan is in no way desperate like Kate was .Meghan has a steady job and continues to live her life while dating a prince.I can't wait for the announcement she will make a wonderful modern duchess.

I hope you are wrong regarding an announcement.  However, whether they marry or not, Meghan is a winner in the publicity area of her life. I like Prince Harry but I feel that Meghan is more worldly and experienced in many ways that The Prince is not! His heart rules; her head rules, IMO.

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on May 27, 2017, 04:05:16 PM
Looking forward to Harry and Meghan's engagement, are we? Coming soon!
No, not at all.  really can't see ither Meghan or Kate as wonderful royal duchesses..

Kate

Quote from: Eri on March 20, 2017, 11:00:48 PM
^ The only place she will get to be Duchess of is Toronto ... like seriously ... this time last Year she was living with another mam with whom she has a civil union ... if Harry didn't marry Cressida who was perfect on paper he won't marry this very problematic woman not even her sister can stand ... the men in grey made Chelsy go away and Megan will have the same fate ...
Has there ever been any interviews of the man she was living with, before P. Harry came on the scene? And what about her Ex? Has he ever b een approached to give an interview, anywhere..?

Curryong

There have been stories that when the British tabloids were in hysteria mode, when the story just broke and after the November KP statement Meghan's ex husband and ex boyfriend Cory were indeed approached with offers of large sums to tell-all to them. The two Tumblr queens who have hated Meghan from the beginning were joyfully predicting at that time that one or the other of these men was going to spill the beans about her momentarily. Didn't happen! They're still waiting!

Meghan is 35 years old. To hear people talk about her you would think she'd had hundreds of men and cheated on the lot of them. In fact, as happens sometimes she had lived with her future husband for several years before marriage and the union when it happened was brief and failed. Meghan did not ask for maintenance.

The chef Cory supposedly cooked for the Trudeaus, with whom Meghan is friendly and it was at their house, according to this concocted and made-up story, that Meghan passed a note to Harry with her phone number on it. In fact, I read the Toronto Sun quite a bit and there was a blind item in it that said that a prominent chef was saying at the beginning of June that he and his girlfriend had split up weeks before. This split was apparently quite amicable as Meghan continued to rent Cory's house.

Meghan didn't go to England until June, by which time she and Cory had finished their relationship, and a civil union is not like a marriage. I lived with my husband before marriage for a year and we certainly didn't regard each other as husband and wife.

There's a whole heap of slanderous rubbish with no proof at all that has been written about this woman and her past, and these two poisonous Tumblr witches have been right there stoking it up. Anyone can say anything they like about others on the Internet and there is little or no policing in some of these Tumblr and Twitter sites. It's like the Wild West!

Lady Deb

Quote from: HsHCharlene on May 27, 2017, 01:46:27 PM
Pippa's wedding was beautiful and no, imo Meghan didn't deserve to be there. Only 120 people could fit into the church and over 300 were at the evening party. That makes over 100 people who didn't get to be in the church. Let's stop acting like Meghan deserves special treatment. I also just saw a segment on Wendy Williams where Meghan wanted to go on her show right before the relationship story broke. This woman is a grade A opportunist and I hope TPTB get rid of her soon because Harry isn't thinking with the right head.

Promoting is what actors and actresses do. Meghan is no different from those in her field of work who promote their TV shows, movies, charity work, blogs etc. That's why so many talk and entertainment shows have actors and actresses on their shows, it is mutual promotion. IMO, it is Wonderful that Harry has so far shown that he is above simple-minded people and can appreciate a good person like Meghan for all of the qualities that she has, and she has been able to do the same towards him, despite all of the mean-spiritedness from other people.

FanDianaFancy

Where to start?

We  none  know MM or  PH  so  all we  can  d  is what the  meida  is doing is sit back and  wait, watch.
Oe day, PH  will get married.
Will it be  MM?
MM and PH  know.
Rumor  was  that  Cheksy was the one. Rumor wa sCressida  was the one. 
I'll bet.  Whoever  PH  is with  WILL be the one  because one of them, LOL, will be  The One.
Commons sense  there.

Ok, MM waiting for  10 years No.  She cannot. She  will be  45  by  then. PH,  44  or so. MM works  a  job  she  has  to  be there for  and  is contractual  committed too and  cannot go and leave and does as she  wishes.
K waited  for  10 years  and worked  for her family and her family's  friend  so that  she  could  leave  for  PW  whenever  he  beckoned. :-)

PH  has a  woman  here  , a  real  woman in every  sense  of the  word. Career.  Been on world  stage  before as in meeting,  TPBT  like  PM Trudeau. Photographers.  In some  real magazines. Has her  charitable causes  she supports.  Graduated  from college.Yes, she  has been married before. Yes, she lived with  a  boyfriend. Well, she  is  35  and  not  18, 19.
Kate  had boyfriends  before  PW and  Kate and Pippa lived with their husbands  first .

Double post auto-merged: May 29, 2017, 02:55:34 AM

MM  would do  well as  a  Duchess, Senior  BR.She has  a  lot  going for her.
PH's support and listening to the TPTB  would most impt and never reading any  of her press  for  10 years  , LOL!!

MM  would face a  challenge  in that the  role is  not Disney  Princess  at  Disneyland. Kate  saw  BRF  in the  papers and tv  while growing up in England and saw the role closeup somewhat  for 10 years. she and her  mother a d sister, esp her mother  were shredded  by the  media too. Carole and Pippa still are  to a  point.
The media  is  eating  MM alive  already  , from day  one.  It  is  going to  be  far worst for MM.
Black  White Jewish Catholic American Actress Divorcee.
Did I leave ANYTHING out?

amabel

Quote from: Lady Deb on May 28, 2017, 02:08:40 PM
Quote from: HsHCharlene on May 27, 2017, 01:46:27 PM
Pippa's wedding was beautiful and no, imo Meghan didn't deserve to be there. Only 120 people could fit into the church and over 300 were at the evening party. That makes over 100 people who didn't get to be in the church.

Promoting is what actors and actresses do. Meghan is no different from those in her field of work who promote their TV shows, movies, charity work, blogs etc. That's why so many talk and entertainment shows have actors and actresses on their shows, it is mutual promotion. IMO, it is Wonderful that Harry has so far shown that
so what are these great qualities?  She's an actress in a TV show, not exactly Mrs Siddons.  She works reasonably hard.  SHe's got a blog, I gather, and does some charity work, so do a lot of celebs including Madonna.  She is from America, from a very different culture to the RF, and who knows whether she will wish to adapt, or be able to? Harry likes her but he has had other girlfirends who have both seemed fairly bland.. and the relationships haven't worked out.

Izabella

Ot: Pippa's arms looked like they were ready to hulk out of the mini sleeves. Meghan had a head start on the language?  :hmm:  Is she going to pick up an accent too like Gwyneth and Madonna?  :lol: *grabs popcorn*

amabel

I don't think that Gwyneth and Madonna are much liked in the UK anyway.  Ok she's an English speaker, and many Englsih like Americans. OTOH a lot of English are very snobbish about Americans.

sandy

Madonna and Gwyneth are not as popular here in the US.

Yale

Who is British on here? I want someone how knows about citizenship laws who knows what they are talking about. I will send you a PM with my questions.

tiaras

I'm sure the whole citizenship process will be sped up if she marries into the BRF. The process is entirely different if you marry a british person of course.
Become a British citizen: If your spouse is a British citizen - GOV.UK
If you're married to, or the civil partner of, a British citizen, you can apply for citizenship if:

you're 18 or over
you're of sound mind, you're able to think and make decisions for yourself
you're of good character, for example you don't have a serious or recent criminal record
you've met the knowledge of English and life in the UK requirements
you've been granted indefinite leave to stay in the UK (this means there's no specific date that you have to leave) or permanent residence if you're an EEA national (and you have a permanent residence card or document that shows you have permanent residence)
you meet the residency requirement
Unless your spouse or civil partner works abroad either for the UK government or for an organisation closely linked to government, you must usually also have:

lived in the UK for at least the 3 years before your application is received
spent no more than 270 days outside the UK in those 3 years
spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months
not broken any immigration laws while in the UK

Yale

Quote from: tiaras on May 29, 2017, 02:58:18 PM
I'm sure the whole citizenship process will be sped up if she marries into the BRF. The process is entirely different if you marry a british person of course.
Become a British citizen: If your spouse is a British citizen - GOV.UK
If you're married to, or the civil partner of, a British citizen, you can apply for citizenship if:

you're 18 or over
you're of sound mind, you're able to think and make decisions for yourself
you're of good character, for example you don't have a serious or recent criminal record
you've met the knowledge of English and life in the UK requirements
you've been granted indefinite leave to stay in the UK (this means there's no specific date that you have to leave) or permanent residence if you're an EEA national (and you have a permanent residence card or document that shows you have permanent residence)
you meet the residency requirement
Unless your spouse or civil partner works abroad either for the UK government or for an organisation closely linked to government, you must usually also have:

lived in the UK for at least the 3 years before your application is received
spent no more than 270 days outside the UK in those 3 years
spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months
not broken any immigration laws while in the UK

I wasn't concerned about  her becoming a citizen of Britain.  The British embassy said that Meghan would be allowed to keep her US Citizenship.

tiaras

Yeah i think she might go for dual citizenship,that's a possibility too.

FanDianaFancy

Well, she  is on her way  to England  6/23. See TDM. Someone cut and paste  it.

Curryong

According to the DM Meghan was at Toronto international boarding a plane bound for London about ten hours ago. Funny thing is, nobody saw her land on the other end! I'm wondering whether they're meeting up elsewhere somewhere before London, or she was hustled through VIP at London airport and the paps didn't catch her. Harry's due back on the 29th for a BP gig with the Queen and other members of the family for Commonwealth leaders awards, he usually returns from overseas for these engagements the night before.

Meghan Markle arrives at Toronto airport for London flight | Daily Mail Online

LouisFerdinand

Do you believe Harry's engagement to Meghan will be announced before Queen Elizabeth II goes to Balmoral?

Curryong

No, afterwards. According to a reliable poster on another forum who has relatives who live/work in BP Harry's already been to see granny and has received permission. He guesses the announcement will be around the beginning of September, but who knows. I do think it's more likely to be late this year than next.