Meghan Markle's sorority releases her composite photo

Started by TLLK, November 29, 2017, 05:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Meghan Markle's Northwestern Sorority Releases Throwback Portrait - NBC Chicago
QuoteMeghan Markle, who recently became engaged to Prince Harry, attended Northwestern from 1999 to 2003 with a major in theater and was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority.

Meghan is a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma's Upsilon chapter at Northwestern University.

(For those of you not familiar with North American  University Greek Life, KKG is a well-respected and one of the older women's fraternities established in the late 1800's.)

FanDianaFancy

Yes, I read that before.
WHAT HAS RACHEL MEGHAN MORGAN NOT ACCOMPLISHED.!?!

Really.

I know Eri, and I am not picking on you, has claims of MSoarkle not being accomplished, or anything else.
Like I will post every time, I am sooooooo sooooooo for this girl.
She is so sccomplished. I do not like comparing and I am not except for purposes that she can fill her role as SeniorBRF member and Prince Henrys? wife.
Megahan and Harry, behind the public are just like any other young couple.
MM is far more accomplished than Kate was when both ladies were engaged. Kate has a university degree. Big deal. She never worked in her field of study. She also never really worked. She also never really got out in the world of being around prestigious people either. No. Yes around PW ,PH, PC and PWs works prior to her engagement. Kate?s job was to be ready, willing, able, available for when PW needed her and during their live life together prior to engagement and marriage.
Yes, Kate took a big gamble with her and yes it paid off and yes, she is perfect for the role which she is in.

MM, like, Kate, was just meant to be. I really believe in God, Fate, Luck, Destiny.
MM was PHs destiny. This girls? life was amazing and it will  be amazing.
Some things , some people just do what they do, but God, Fate, Luck, Destiny just moves them the rest of the way.
Yes, she was prepared for Luck as the saying goes, Luck is being prepared for something be it a great job or wonderful guy, etc.
Yes, MM worked very hard. No, she was not born to it. She is what we Americans call an American success story. I have always said the same thing about Carole and Micheal Midds.Even though they are not Americans, they are that American success story.

wannable

Her previous job as an actress and celebrity is typical of that profession. It's like reading a vacant position: job description and responsibilities and they all do the same stuff including using their status in charity PR performance, i.e. Followed by a TV crew. Nothing wrong, it's a legal job.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: wannable on December 03, 2017, 06:39:32 PM
Her previous job as an actress and celebrity is typical of that profession. It's like reading a vacant position: job description and responsibilities and they all do the same stuff including using their status in charity PR performance, i.e. Followed by a TV crew. Nothing wrong, it's a legal job.

The actress . Really, here in the states , Suits, is not a really big  show.  It has done well in cable land and found a place and audience to stay. For her to land it was a big feat.
Lucky in that it was a constant acting job.
MM used her time there to make contact with the Trudeau?s. Get involved in causes. Sincerely. MM is not an A list actress. Put her on the Dlist.

Maybe it was best. If she were really well known and many roles, perhaps it would have been too much for H and his life.

:xmas4:

Jenee

I hate to split hairs, but I noticed that the article said that she ?attended? northwestern with ?a major in? and not that she ?graduated? from Northwestern ?with a degree in? ... it is a very carefully worded statement , in my opinion. considering she attended for 4 years, I wonder why she didn?t graduate?
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

FanDianaFancy

She graduated. Yes she has a Bachelors degree from an accredited American university.

TLLK

@Jenee-I've read that she did graduate from Northwestern in 2003. IMO the author of the article didn't check to see if she had and substituted "attended."

Curryong

Meghan's graduation from North Western has been a subject of contention since she became famous last year. That's compounded by the fact that NW naturally don't give out details of graduates without seeking permission of the person. We don't know whether NW has ever asked.

However, on RD there was a graduate of NW who was a couple of years younger than Meghan and could remember her in her senior year. She confirmed that she graduated. I wish that this could be settled for once and for all by some documentation.

wannable

Perhaps she will tour the university, and partake in the university yearly gala, this surely a sign that she's a grad and not a drop out.  Harry and Meghan's tours will probably be a scaled down version, like W&K toured university St. Andrews where she received a certified copy of her masters honor dissertation of Carol Lewis.  I also think they went to a related gala in NY.  BTW Kate's thesis dissertation may be read at download geek.com

The other way is to write a letter requesting correction, there's a section in their website, although for a prestigious ranked within the. 20 best in USA, pretty bad mistake.

TLLK

Like most Greeks, Meghan likely had a large collection of sorority and fraternity event t-shirts.  :xmas1: Wonder how long it took to paint over the orange bathroom walls? :P
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/02/11/46E142D400000578-5137445-Changing_rooms_As_a_student_at_Northwestern_University_Chicago_i-a-8_1512215765769.jpg

Kritter

Meghan has been a success in her life the degree has not made any difference in that since she succeeded through her own abilities.

Kate has a degree that brought her no success. Her success is that she got married & you don't need a degree to do that.

Izabella

Composite photo? Like an amateur police (picasso) sketch ?  :lol:

Kate had completed her quest in getting a MRS degree.  :lol:

TLLK

QuoteComposite photo? Like an amateur police (picasso) sketch
:lol: Not exactly... :P
A sorority or fraternity composite refers to the large photo display of the chapter members. Usually their displayed in a prominent place in the chapter house. The other women in Meghan's KKG chapter would have similar sized photos with their names and for some chapter office title.