Lech photosession 2017

Started by TLLK, February 27, 2017, 02:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Dutch royal family beam in photos on their annual ski trip | Daily Mail Online

This year just has the King, Queen, and their daughters. Amalia's braces have come off and her smile is spectacular!

Double post auto-merged: February 27, 2017, 03:20:48 PM

Koninklijke fotosessie Lech - YouTube

Curryong

The young princesses are growing up fast. The next thing we know is that Amalia will be at university!  :D By the way, I suppose she will go to a US college after attending a Dutch one? That seems to be the usual procedure with most European and Scandi Royal families. It's great that the family enjoy Lech so much and all continue to ski. Even though I loathe snow, skiing is a great pastime and keeps people fit. The family always look happy when they are all together and W-A and Maxie are very happily married. You can see it in their photos.

TLLK

AFAIK neither Beatrix or W-A attended an American university though several of their peers in those nations you mentioned did go to them for awhile.  :) Yes she will be off to university before we know it.

Double post auto-merged: February 27, 2017, 11:01:05 PM

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/princess-ariana-princess-catharinaamalia-queen-maxima-king-and-ski-picture-id645879518

Jennifer

The Dutch royals love to ski at Lech each year. It was great to see King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima & their family there. I am surprised that Prince Constantijn, Princess Laurentien, Princess Mabel and their children didn't come. Princess Catharina-Amalia will most likely attend Leiden, the Dutch university that most of her family members went to. If she doesn't go to Leiden, then it will most likely be other Dutch universities such as Utrecht and Radboud.

QuoteDutch Royal Family holds annual photo session in Lech

The Dutch Royal Family is currently in Lech, Austria, on holiday. On 27 February, they held their annual winter photo session on the slopes in the Alps. King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima, Princesses Catharina-Amalia (commonly just referred to as Amalia), Alexia, and Ariane.

The Dutch Royal Family holds two annual photo calls with the press each year, and in return, the media agrees to leave the family alone during their private time and holidays.

The King joked to the assembled media, "Fifty is the new thirty." His Majesty will celebrate his 50th birthday on 27 April. He made the comment after they asked if he was still enjoying himself and skiing at his age.

Read more:
Dutch Royal Family holds annual photo session in Lech – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

TLLK

I wonder if it has just become too difficult with the older children's school schedules to meet up with their extended family.