Diana, Princess of Wales’s necklace expected to bring in over $12 million

Started by Jennifer, February 21, 2017, 01:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

QuoteIt is hard to argue the undeniable fashion icon that was Diana, Princess of Wales.

Her sons, Prince William and Prince Harry know this and in memory of the 20th anniversary of her death this year are hosting a fashion exhibit at Kensington Palace suitably named, "Diana: Her Fashion Story".

Not only focusing on her clothes, her jewellery is also embedded in the memory of many. One of her absolute favourites was the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara which the Duchess of Cambridge has worn on two occasions. Another iconic piece was "The Swan Lake necklace" which is now to go up for auction for much more than the owners paid.

Read more:
Diana, Princess of Wales’s necklace expected to bring in over $12 million at auction – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Curryong

This is quite a nice necklace but not outstandingly beautiful. Things associated with Diana do tend to fetch inflated prices but I will be amazed if this necklace reaches the $12 million level. A bit of talking it up going on I suspect. It's not iconic, she only wore it once I believe and it doesn't appear to me anyway to have that craftsman's touch that is easily recognisable with great jewellery.

amabel

I'd say pretty at best, that necklace she is wearing?  It almost looks like fake pearls from M&S.  She had much better necklaces Imsure