Harry and Megan Relationship

Started by SophieChloe, January 09, 2017, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

^ Harry and Meghan's children would not have US citizenship unless they were born in the US, which would be very unlikely IMO.

Eri

Quote from: Cat00 on January 12, 2017, 05:40:45 PM
I have no doubt that they will be at least engaged in 2017. Meghan is intelligent, mature, does humanitarian work, is articulate, knows how to deal with press, where will he find another like her? ... Harry is no longer a boy and the The fact that he has defended her is a clear sign that he is involved with her up to the neck
It would seem she doesn't know how to deal with the press or he wouldn't have been forced to put an ignorant statement out there ... it would seem to me Chelsy who was much younger knew how to deal with the press better ... speaking of ... Chelsy is a lawyer or at least tried so he can find more intelligent , articulate women ... Chelsy being one of them ... it just seems that after Chelsy he stopped trying ...

TheRealDuchessOfSussex

I really hope Harry doesn't marry MM. He could do better IMHO. His wedding will be a sight to see, when the day comes though :partaay: :flower: :royalsneeze: :vday2: :babykins: :chelsy: :catfight:
I think I'm the only one here that has written a letter to the Queen and got a letter back from the Lady in Waiting..... :P :happy15: :wed:

Eri

If they are as serious as some think they are she would live in London by now ... but no ... I can't see it lasting between them if they live in different Continents ... it's interesting she hasn't moved to a place she would have to live if their intention is to get married ...

Kinkade

^ IA. If and when Meghan makes a move to London, then they both will start a real relationship. Where it goes from there, who knows?

With Harry's family bad record in marriages, along w/ Meghan's not so good track record in relationships (I mean divorce after a decade into a relationship doesn't say much about both of their commitment) , Harry should be smart enough to take his time. (at least I hope he is smart)

side note: I remember watching a documentary of really rich heirs/heiresses in w/c they say PRENUP has always been drilled into their brains since they were kids.

Cat00

Quote from: Eri on January 12, 2017, 10:58:08 PM
Quote from: Cat00 on January 12, 2017, 05:40:45 PM
I have no doubt that they will be at least engaged in 2017. Meghan is intelligent, mature, does humanitarian work, is articulate, knows how to deal with press, where will he find another like her? ... Harry is no longer a boy and the The fact that he has defended her is a clear sign that he is involved with her up to the neck
It would seem she doesn't know how to deal with the press or he wouldn't have been forced to put an ignorant statement out there ... it would seem to me Chelsy who was much younger knew how to deal with the press better ... speaking of ... Chelsy is a lawyer or at least tried so he can find more intelligent , articulate women ... Chelsy being one of them ... it just seems that after Chelsy he stopped trying ...

Either you don't understand or you don't want to understand. It was not she who asked Harry to make that statement, it was he who felt troubled by the press and troll attacks against her
And resolve to defend her.

Chelsy knew so much how to deal with the press, who jumped off the boat :lol:

Double post auto-merged: January 13, 2017, 12:34:26 PM

Quote from: TheRealDuchessOfSussex on January 13, 2017, 12:38:36 AM
I really hope Harry doesn't marry MM. He could do better IMHO. His wedding will be a sight to see, when the day comes though :partaay: :flower: :royalsneeze: :vday2: :babykins: :chelsy: :catfight:

who? Another futile socialite?

Double post auto-merged: January 13, 2017, 12:37:17 PM

Quote from: Kinkade on January 13, 2017, 08:58:43 AM
^ IA. If and when Meghan makes a move to London, then they both will start a real relationship. Where it goes from there, who knows?

With Harry's family bad record in marriages, along w/ Meghan's not so good track record in relationships (I mean divorce after a decade into a relationship doesn't say much about both of their commitment) , Harry should be smart enough to take his time. (at least I hope he is smart)

side note: I remember watching a documentary of really rich heirs/heiresses in w/c they say PRENUP has always been drilled into their brains since they were kids.

It is not because the person has had a failed marriage and a divorce, that she can not succeed in a new relationship. Charles and Camilla were both divorced and had failed marriages and today they are happy together.

royalanthropologist

I am all for free speech; but frankly speaking I am rather amazed at the amount of negativity surrounding this relationship. MM may have been indiscreet but she is no mass murderer. As to her race, I understand that ship sailed long ago during the reign of Victoria. Diana herself was not immune to the joys of  equal opportunities romantic encounters. I would not be surprised that one of her sons would be comfortable marrying someone of mixed race. In any case, does it really matter in this century??? These are serious questions so please be gentle with me when responding.  :wink:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Trudie

I think people here are not looking at the big picture as far as this relationship goes. At the moment Harry is fifth in line to the throne he has a lot more freedom to choose the bride for him. As far as Meghan being divorced so what as far as the RF goes no divorcees marrying in that ship sailed long ago with Princess Anne divorcing and remarrying and the Heir to the throne himself divorced and marrying the divorcee who caused the break up of his marriage he is still the Heir. As for her ethnicity and career who cares? again Lady Gabriella Windsor was rumoured to almost be engaged and dated a man from India, Lady Rose Gilman the daughter of the Duke of Gloucester married a Maori so ethnicity is not an issue she still has her place in the succession and career well at least she has one unlike Kate who graduated St. Andrews and didn't attempt to get a job or start a career in the field she studied. If Harry wants to marry Meghan I think he has shown every intention he wants to from the statement to protecting their privacy.

Yale

But my question is what is all this complaining  about Meghan, saying that he can do  better etc, calling her manipulative and so on, what is any of that going to accomplish? Seriously! Even if Harry read all that you have to say, it would not make him a bit of difference.  He wouldn't care and he won't.  He couldn't care less.

If Harry wants to marry Meghan, that is exactly what is is going to do!

SophieChloe

[gmod]Members are allowed to express their opinion. They are not "complaining" nor failing to "see the bigger picture". Please, once again - respect opinions that do not chime with your own. SC [/gmod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

michelle0187

Quote from: Eri on January 12, 2017, 04:50:10 PM
That's recap ... he starts dating a CHEATER who gives up her long time "husband" for Harry not for his looks but for who his father is she thinks she is living a come to life fairy tale until she finds out he is interested in a much younger MUCH MORE attractive brunette she unleashes all sorts of dramatics not to mention lawyers to get an ignorant statement ... true love you all ... true love ... fast forward to now she is still to be SEEN with him and having him behave like a proper boyfriend and she is still living in Toronto having her Daily parading for payed by her PR paps ... excuse me Yoga sessions ... not even close to a ring if you ask me ...

E list actresses have a lot of time on their hands so where ever she's going, it's her way of taking a break from worrying about the lack of good roles.I can see why she's so into yoga to deal with the stress. She should be saving each coin she's earned in the past few months. With all those trips to bavaria, verbier and norway without her, it wouldnt be a shock that they've separated.

Quote from: Eri on January 13, 2017, 02:16:17 AM
If they are as serious as some think they are she would live in London by now ... but no ... I can't see it lasting between them if they live in different Continents ... it's interesting she hasn't moved to a place she would have to live if their intention is to get married ...

I guess she is screwed with the long distance thing. Can't afford to live in london because she would never be able to earn money working as an actress there. It's pretty bad when in order for her to stay in london, she has to marry him just to go on more dates. It would be the fastest way to get harry to give her walking papers. If he hasn't already.

sandy

I think she's comfortable with her income.  If they want to get married, they will certainly find a way to deal with details.

Yale

Quote from: SophieChloe on January 13, 2017, 06:35:54 PM
Members are allowed to express their opinion.  They are not "complaining" nor failing to "see the bigger picture".

Please, once again - respect opinions that do not chime with your own.  SC 

That is understood but that was not my point.

Lady Deb

IMO, it is good that PH and MM have been able to spend time together and perhaps with people that support them. I saw the Daily Fail yesterday was so desperate for a story they used old pictures of MM to report that she was in TO attending yoga. If she was in TO why did they, a supposed newspaper, use pictures taken last year? Fake news. PH has already given his terrific opinion, loud and clear in his statement, what he thinks about the mean-spiritedness and harassment directed towards MM and their relationship.

Despite all of the naysayers, Charles, heir to the throne,  stood his ground with his current wife. If the divorced heir to the throne and defender of the Faith can marry a fellow divorcee with whom he admitted, he had an adulterous affair and both of them had children,  I honestly don't understand all of the fuss and negativity about PH and MM.

Trudie

Members are allowed to express their opinion.  They are not "complaining" nor failing to "see the bigger picture".

Sorry SophieChloe I misspoke I didn't just mean people here I meant in general from comments in the papers and so forth. Everyone is entitled to their opinion I was just trying to point out that Meghan doesn't appear to have any major character flaws to elicit such hostility regarding her and Harry's romance.

Yale

Quote from: Trudie on January 13, 2017, 10:53:01 PM

Sorry SophieChloe I misspoke I didn't just mean people here I meant in general from comments in the papers and so forth. Everyone is entitled to their opinion I was just trying to point out that Meghan doesn't appear to have any major character flaws to elicit such hostility regarding her and Harry's romance.

Trudie,  I think SopieChloe's post was directed at me and that's fine.  The point I was making in that post indirectly is that we are constantly rehashing the same old opinions and comments is not doing any good.  Can we move on to other topics about the relationship?  Something different!! Because in the end none of it matters because Harry is going to do what he wants regardless.  It kind of looks like that some are almost expecting Harry to see their discontent with Meghan via their opinions here and will end it because of that,

michelle0187

This thread is going to down the same path the last one did. Posters trying to make it about them and their feelings. It's exhausting.

Curryong

I think the whole situation between Harry and Meghan is very unclear at the moment. Twitter and tumblr sites have got beyond the early snarky madness but there is still a lot of ill will between those who believe that Harry and Meghan are no longer a couple and those who believe they are still together.

He's blocked her, she's unfollowed him, no they haven't, they've just changed things, and so it goes, on and on. The fact Meghan virtually disappeared since Christmas has unnerved some. Others have provided an explanation for it. In spite of some Tumblr site people declaring that they and only they know the truth, (and there are some wild scenarios out there)  the situation is confused and confusing. This is naturally reflected here among posters as well.

For those who are interested in this saga all we have to go on are sparse clues and our own feelings about the matter. My own view is that Harry and Meghan are still in contact in some way, my opinion only and I could well be wrong. In a way this reminds me of the early months of both the Cressida and the Chelsy romances with Harry.

There were out and out denials from the fandom for months that Harry and Cress could possibly be together and photos that appeared on Twitter of them were fiercely rejected. There was tons of speculation but it was only later, much much later, that any press photos of them appeared.

I feel that Harry is quite Houdini-like when he doesn't want to be photographed, a surprising talent really, in such a very well known man. However time will solve this whole saga one way or another as it always does everything else and then things will become much clearer.

My own view is though, and always has been, that if these two are still together and eventually talk marriage, then Meghan is going to have to take that leap into the great unknown and come and live in Britain and experience the British way of life and start learning how the BRF operates. It would be a huge risk for MM, as without an engagement ring on her finger, her whole financial future would be in limbo.

However, waiting until an engagement poses huge risks all round as well. Unlike Chelsy who was at least schooled in England and had a large circle of friends in the country, the period before this wedding would be a massive adjustment for MM. So, we wait and see, I guess.

Kinkade

^ I think this is a good assessment/observation of things.

Double post auto-merged: January 14, 2017, 09:55:20 AM

Quote from: Cat00 on January 13, 2017, 12:32:28 PM

It is not because the person has had a failed marriage and a divorce, that she can not succeed in a new relationship. Charles and Camilla were both divorced and had failed marriages and today they are happy together.

I never said a divorced person will never succeed in a new relationship. My point being was it would be more prudent for Harry to take his time and get to know Meghan given his family background PLUS responsibilities, as well as Meghan's track record. And take note, Meghan has been divorced/separated twice already from "serious relationships".

IMO, it says a lot how a person honors a promise or commitment. Does it mean there are no grounds for divorce/relationship? Of course not! Some partners can cheat, physically or mentally abuse or steal from another partner. In those horrible circumstances,  the other can hopefully rise up and find new happiness.

In the case of Charles and Camilla, I believe they loved each other early on but had many obstacles. They however, treated the people around them badly in order to get their "happiness". I think they paid for that in that they had to wait a long time in order to be properly married. Another bad karma for them is that they are unpopular royals. So much so that there are people who want Prince William to succeed the Queen. (Even the mere suggestion in the press is a slap in the face) And even when Charles becomes King, he'll never get the respect and attention as is given to QE2.

Why is Meghan so unpopular? well, I think it mostly has to do with how she has marketed herself and how she manipulated around the media and her Social Media to increase her visibility and popularity. For me, as someone who follows entertainment news and grew up around the L.A./Hollywood area, everything she's done is the classic M.O. of a struggling actresses trying to get attention and media mileage. I'm glad she's been more quiet these days, regardless of their relationship status. Coz the way she's gone about this won't really give her the respectability and upper hand in Hollywood that she's been trying to attain. If the relationship ends, she'll go back to being a C-list TV actress w/ maybe a few more invitations to NY fashion week. If they do end up married, she'll have to give up A LOT of freedom and all will be for naught. But I will sincerely  wish them good luck.

sandy

I don't think Charles really wanted to marry Camilla in the first place.  He had and has a huge sense of entitlement and if he "loved" Camilla he would not have married Diana or gotten involved with other women. He wanted to have his cake and eat it too. Camilla I think was far worse a manipulator than Meghan could even dream of being. Had social media been around, I would imagine she would have used it. She went to the press for ten years (the Sun Editor) to give "her side" of the story. I think he got obligated to Camilla after he outed her and forced her husband to divorce her. Meghan is not unpopular with everybody though. Harry openly named Meghan as his girlfriend. When Charles met Camilla Shand she was considered mistress material and Charles never spoke of her as his "Girlfriend."

Kinkade

^ well, that's a logical observation as well. I always thought that Charles pushed to marry Camilla even at their old age. I wonder if the people would've accepted Camilla as just Charles's partner. Thus, he wouldn't have need to marry her. Prince Rainier never married again after Grace Kelly passed, even though he had a partner.

Well, they (Kate, Meghan, Camilla... ) could've all played "who's the biggest manipulator". But given that Social Media didn't exist then, Camilla had to bid her time and played w/ the the papers for decades. After Diana passed, she had to wait for the Queen's approval and now slowly win people's tolerance. And even though people will say Kate played games, she had to endure 10 years of being Waity Katie.

We have to remember it's only been less than 6 months of Harry & Meghan out there, and the way Meghan has played it, she isn't willing to be waiting on the sidelines. She wants to be front and center in the magazines and HollyWood social talk. I think she figures, if it doesn't work out w/ Harry, at the very least, she gets a front row seat w/ Anna Wintour and more power to negotiate in HW. Seriously, w/ the way things have been handled, can one honestly imagine Meghan waiting for 5 or even 10 years like Kate did???

sandy

Kate actually did not have to endure anything. She made the choice to stay around even after the breakup where William ditched her. Camilla got lots of perks during her wait. She got the bling as mistress and was always in control. Meghan may be here to stay and marry Harry. Time will tell.

wannable

So at the end of the day Charles, William and Harry are weak minded wimps that were manipulated by women into marriages? The next day, the three men are vile....

It can't be both wimp and vile.

Both genders seeked what they wanted or they wouldn't be together.

So Harry now is dumb

Trudie

I don't believe Harry like his father and brother is a weak minded wimp nor do I think he is easily manipulated. Harry is not dumb either if he was he would have fallen by the same path at Charles and William both of whom married women with the tenacity to endure protracted relationships for years until it ended with what they wanted. Camilla and Kate put up with negative press and name calling for years such as the Rottweiler, Waity etc. Camilla in particular wasn't too bothered about her reputation as homewrecker, laziest woman in Britain she just kept her eye on the Prize. Meghan I believe is different she has done charity work before meeting Harry unlike Camilla and Kate who only started doing a little charity work once they became linked to Charles and William. Neither woman has worked in a career unlike Meghan. Harry obviously sees Meghan's qualities as a modern self sufficient woman I highly doubt at this stage in his life he is looking for a further status seeking minor aristo like Camilla or a daughter of extremely middleclass tho of sufficient means to support a daughter to make her available to catch the eye and maintain a long relationship until marriage.

sandy

Quote from: wannable on January 14, 2017, 03:40:11 PM
So at the end of the day Charles, William and Harry are weak minded wimps that were manipulated by women into marriages? The next day, the three men are vile....

It can't be both wimp and vile.

Both genders seeked what they wanted or they wouldn't be together.

So Harry now is dumb

Charles manipulated himself into marriage with Camilla by naming her. Camilla never went out and said she had an affair with Charles. Charles did. Her father confronted him and her husband divorced her.  Three years after he outed her Charles started the Camilla promotion campaign. I think Charles became obligated to her then. Camilla manipulated for years even trying to befriend the first wife and later, undermined her when the wife did not show "civilized" behavior by being OK with C and C's "friendship."

Kate IMO dug in her heels and even the unpleasantness of a public rejection by William did not dissuade her from hanging in there and even campaigning to "win him back."

I think wimps can be vile. It all depends...

Harry told the world Meghan is his girlfriend. They may get married and I would not rule it out.