Harry and Megan Relationship

Started by SophieChloe, January 09, 2017, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieChloe

[gmod]A brand new thread. Please keep it on topic and respectful of other opinions that do not necessarily chime with your own! A gentle reminder may help : Our Guide To Forum Etiquette Cheers SCxx[/gmod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

LouisFerdinand

Yale

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on January 09, 2017, 11:49:07 PM

Yes, I believe this as well.  I also believe that they have indeed been talking about marriage.  They could already be engaged at some point and keep it a secret for 2 or 3 months before announcing it. Who knows?

Jennifer

QuoteWill Meghan Markle change the public's access to the Royal Family?

All bets are on that Prince Harry will tie the knot, or at least pop the question, to his girlfriend, Meghan Markle in 2017. Yet, she is a most unconventional addition to the British Royal Family.

Currently, Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Kensington Palace run Twitter accounts on behalf of the Senior members of the family and only tweet out pictures and information from official events. Many have suggested that to keep current and in popularity with today's youth, they should bring some more light to what goes on behind closed doors such as other European royalty.

Queen Rania of Jordan is a pro at this, she runs she own Twitter and is very active.  Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan follows in her footsteps. Princess Tessy of Luxembourg and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway both use Instagram with Mette-Marit a fan of Twitter, too.  Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau is frequently on Twitter, and Princess Madeleine is often on Facebook sharing pictures of her life in London and pictures of her children.

Read more:
Will Meghan Markle change the public's access to the Royal Family? – Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: January 10, 2017, 01:09:43 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to marry Meghan Markle in 2017. He was very confident about the success of his relationship with her in less than 2 months! He even took her to see the Northern Lights in Norway, but there are not public pictures of them. They value their privacy. I think the media should just leave them alone.

QuotePrince Harry takes Meghan Markle to see Northern Lights in Norway
Click to see more: Prince Harry takes Meghan Markle to see Northern Lights in Norway - Photo 1

QuotePrince Harry and Meghan Markle's Norwegian Vacation: Breaking Down Their Romantic Excursion By the Numbers

Prince Harryand Meghan Markle's relationship shines just as bright as the Northern Lights.

As E! News previously reported, the redheaded royal kicked off 2017 by whisking his girlfriend away for a super private stay in Norway. The lovebirds spent a few days taking in the picturesque sights of the northern European country.

According to multiple outlets, Harry and Meghan traveled to the remote town of Tromso where they enjoyed whale-watching, spent the night under the Aurora Borealis and took part in a bevy of other winter-themed activities.

Read more:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Norwegian Vacation: Breaking Down Their Romantic Excursion By the Numbers | E! News
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

FanDianaFancy

I  go back and forth on her.

I  think many do  because no one knows about her like  people about K.  The public and the  people  of  TUK  knew of where she grew up, family, their  business  and more and the media  saw  K  for over  5-9 years.

Then again, unlike K, lucky MM  has not  had  all that  media 
for all that long  following her   graduating, leaving home, shopping with her mom and  sister and  brother and on and on .

I  think MM , while she is dating him, should get of social media. She posted a  pick  of the  place  where they  stayed.
I  do  nt know if it was posted AFTER they left  or  while they were there. I just saw this on  an entertainment show here in the USA.
If AFTTER, ok,  but still.

If she marries him, she  will  have  more press  following her every public move...we  know from  not being the  people  involved, but  just royal watchers. She will have  her schedule  made . She  will have  the  names of her children  , from a  long list   , to select from. She will have her kid's godparents  picked  out  with her picking them out from the list. Her clothing...her choice from the TPTB  with  xyz designers.  Her  homes  , PH's name  and homes  are already picked out.  Jumping on a  commercial plane to  fly  over to see her own mother in CA  would just not be practical.  Security  for her.  Security  and inconveniece for  other passengers.

I  really  think PH will marry  her.

I  keep posting  again and repeating and reposting, sorry, but I  hope this girl  really  gets  it.
K got it and wanted that  life  from the  beginning.  She also comes from that country and grew up  seeing BRF  daily  in the news  , etc.

NEXT,  rumor is MM will accompany  PH  to  his friend's  Jamaica  wedding. Did you see  TDM?  MM 's first wedding was in Jamaica ?  Too funny!!

Flipside, she and her ex-husband were married for about  2 years and  were together as a couple before that for about  7 years.
That was  not  some  "rushed,  too young,  too fast, not really  knowing each their marriage."

Eri

Right now he has been SEEN with Megan the same amount of times he has been seen with Flee and people think he will marry her? I think some are jumping the gun here ... ridiculous ... this relationship would have to survive 2017 and the middle of 2018 then maybe ... but as it is right now ... some are thinking he will marry because he took her on a vacation? How many vacations he has taken with Chelsy and Cressida? Again ... ridiculous ...

Tiddles88

Hi, I'm new...  :doublewave:

I'm in two minds about Meghan... If she can stand being in the BRF she might be an asset. She's probably clever enough to understand the rules, and the consequences of not following those rules. I think she very beautiful, and she's highlighted interesting social issues.

On the other hand... She seems awfully manipulative and not entirely honest. The washing up liquid story seems fairly suspect to me, why were they watching television in class? And the "no box to tick for mixed race" story sounds off too - this this was the 90's not the 60's, after all -  I've never encountered a form were ethnicity were to be filled in that didn't have a mixed race box (and I'm a few years older than her).

I'm not sure how serious the relationship is, someone certainly wants them to look like they're on the verge of getting married, but is it true? Some stories are obviously nonsense - like Harry walking off with a 6 foot Christmas tree under his arm while holding hands with Meghan (whoever came up with that one has obviously never tried to wrangle a X-mas tree!), but some of the stories seemed to be leaked from someone very much in the know...   

Eri

^ Megan came with baggage ... it seems when she hit the big time people who she wasn't nice with on her way up came poring online even her own sister ... that is cause of concern as I have seen the same thing as I said once before happen with Miranda Kerr when she first started dating Orlando and boy were those people right and did that end up in tears ... in this case though I am hopeful as Harry gets bored easily and tends to walk away when things gets serious ... she just hasn't made the mistake of asking things of him ... yet ... she knows she would be history if she did ...

SophieChloe

Quote from: Eri on January 11, 2017, 05:56:40 PM
^ Megan came with baggage
Most people of her age do.  I'd be more concerned if she lived like a nun and hung around Harry and his set - hoping to catch his eye.  She lived. And Good on her!  IMO she would be a wonderful addition to that family.  Gawd knows they need it. 

Yale

^
I agree 100% and they do need it.  They have been so blah since Diana died.

Double post auto-merged: January 11, 2017, 08:52:41 PM

Quote from: Tiddles88 on January 11, 2017, 05:31:22 PM
Hi, I'm new...  :doublewave:

I'm in two minds about Meghan... If she can stand being in the BRF she might be an asset. She's probably clever enough to understand the rules, and the consequences of not following those rules. I think she very beautiful, and she's highlighted interesting social issues.

On the other hand... She seems awfully manipulative and not entirely honest. The washing up liquid story seems fairly suspect to me, why were they watching television in class? And the "no box to tick for mixed race" story sounds off too - this this was the 90's not the 60's, after all -  I've never encountered a form were ethnicity were to be filled in that didn't have a mixed race box (and I'm a few years older than her).

I'm not sure how serious the relationship is, someone certainly wants them to look like they're on the verge of getting married, but is it true? Some stories are obviously nonsense - like Harry walking off with a 6 foot Christmas tree under his arm while holding hands with Meghan (whoever came up with that one has obviously never tried to wrangle a X-mas tree!), but some of the stories seemed to be leaked from someone very much in the know...   

How is Meghan manipulative and not honest? He pursued her from what I read.  And he may have stolen her  from her prior BF I understand.

We need to remember that She's  35 and he's 32. I doubt any couple their age who wants a family would be investing time in a romantic relationship without considering the possibility of marriage and children.

Eri

^ Just because they are of a certain age doesn't mean they should get married or they are thinking about it ... she just came out of a very serious civil union ... he would be crazy to not keep things casual with this one as she seems to love getting married but not the reality of it ...

SophieChloe

^ I disagree @Eri.  Harry can play the field till the cows come home.  But, IMO he has found a lady who rocks his boat. 

However, I do disagree with him jetting around the world with TP funded protection - to visit his latest squeeze! 

Yale

Everyone has an opinion about this but per Harry's KP statement, Harry is going to marry Meghan if that is what he wants to do and he doesn't care what anyone who is against it thinks.

This wedding will happen! I predict an engagement in mid-2017 and a wedding in early 2018 if not in 2017 too.

Harry has 24 hour protection and that is not likely to change and therefore can go wherever he wants whenever on his own time with his officers.  Whether you disagree or not it won't change his protection status.  He has a team and that's not changing.

SophieChloe

Quote from: Yale on January 11, 2017, 10:26:01 PM

Harry has 24 hour protection and that is not likely to change and therefore can go wherever he wants whenever on his own time with his officers.  Whether you disagree or not it won't change his protection status.  He has a team and that's not changing.
Doesn't make it right, though. People are dying on trollies in A&E ....

Theresa May needs to put a stop to this nonsense. 

Take Kate's brief visit today - numerous cars, flashing theirs lights (and no crowds}  Talk about building their part....

Yale

Quote from: SophieChloe on January 12, 2017, 12:28:39 AM
Quote from: Yale on January 11, 2017, 10:26:01 PM

Doesn't make it right, though. People are dying on trollies in A&E ....

Theresa May needs to put a stop to this nonsense. 

Take Kate's brief visit today - numerous cars, flashing theirs lights (and no crowds}  Talk about building their part....

Well, when Meghan marries Harry she will 24 protection and she will need it. She might be a target because she's American.

TLLK

^^^ As Harry's wife I do believe that she would require a full-time RPO. Here is a question. If Meghan marries Harry will she be required to renounce her American citizenship?

Eri

If those two marry in 2017 we all know how it is going to end ... this is ridiculous ... he just started dating her he would have to be even more stupid than I think him to be if he marries her a few Months into the relationship ... she might rock his boat right now but that doesn't mean she is Royal family material ... I say let's see how this goes without picking any dates yet ... he broke up with Cressida in a less than civil manner when everybody though they were stable and they would eventually get engaged and that was nearly three Years into the relationship just saying ...

Yale

Quote from: TLLK on January 12, 2017, 02:48:38 AM
^^^ As Harry's wife I do believe that she would require a full-time RPO. Here is a question. If Meghan marries Harry will she be required to renounce her American citizenship?

I have been told she can keep it and she would automatically be given UK citizenship too.

Tiddles88

Quote from: Yale on January 11, 2017, 08:41:38 PM
^

How is Meghan manipulative and not honest? He pursued her from what I read.  And he may have stolen her  from her prior BF I understand.

I don't believe her stories of the washing up liquid ad, nor her story of there not being a box to tick for mixed race on the form her teacher gave her. That's why I say I think she not honest.

Manipulative because I'm 100% sure that she was the one who leaked the existence of relationship with Harry. A woman who wishes to keep a relationship private does not publish a picture of herself wearing his "trademark" jewellery. 

Plus, the Americanism in the statement from KP leaves Meghan's fingerprints squarely on it. So this is something that was done on Meghan's behest, not a spontaneous reaction from Harry. 

They may marry, but I think Harry's not not that page, at least not yet. If he was, he would have brought her to Twickenham  in November and "introduced her" as his chosen bride (not in so many word, of course, but by the fact that she was there, with him). He didn't.

Some may think that it doesn't matter what we, the hoi polloi of the British taxpayer, think, but it does. Once HM has passed, the monarchy is on very shaky footing. Most likely, there will be a hasty referendum and if not at least one senior member of the RF is popular at that point, it'll all be over. Harry and Meghan need to woo us, not just each other. 

Curryong

^ I know it's been said on Twitter that Meghan and her lawyers supposedly forced the statement that came from KP in her defence. However, people can say anything on Twitter without any proof whatsoever. As for Americanisms in the letter, Jason Knaupf the KP Communications Director, who seemingly composed it, is an American. That surely explains the 'fingerprints'.

Jennifer

QuoteThese eyes are fit for a Prince - and they've been voted the most alluring in the world

Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle has the world's most alluring eyes, according to a new survey.

The 35-year-old actress's smouldering brown eyes which first attracted the royal topped a new poll to find the star with the sexiest eyes.

Hollywood beauty Megan Fox's bluey green eyes came second and the Duchess of Cambridge with her green eyes came third.

Read more:
These eyes are fit for a Prince - and they've been voted the most alluring in the world - Mirror Online

Double post auto-merged: January 12, 2017, 12:50:58 PM

QuotePrince Harry 'truly in love' with Meghan Markle: Couple getting engaged 'sometime this year'- report

Prince Harry is "truly in love" with the Suits actress Meghan Markle, according to a new report.

A source told E! News, "Harry is truly in love. They're very serious." The source also revealed that couple's close friends are already predicting a possible "engagement announcement" later in 2017. The insider told the website that those close to Harry and Meghan "wouldn't be surprised if there will be an engagement announcement sometime this year."

The couple reportedly welcomed the New Year with a romantic vacation in Norway, where they viewed the Northern Lights and enjoyed whale-watching and sunsets in the snow. Another source also told the website that the couple also spent the New Year in London.

Read more:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle getting engaged 'sometime this year' says report

Double post auto-merged: January 12, 2017, 12:56:45 PM

QuotePrince Harry Is 'Truly in Love' With Meghan Markle, Friends Believe They Will Get Engaged Soon

It looks like Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are close to taking their relationship to the next level. According to a new report from E! News, the 32-year-old British royal and the "Suits" actress are "truly in love" with each other, and friends believe the pair will get engaged later this year.

"Harry is truly in love," a source tells the publication. "They're very serious." The source goes on to say that those close to the famous couple "wouldn't be surprised if there will be an engagement announcement sometime this year."

The site revealed earlier this week that Harry and Markle spent the New Year together in London before kicking off the new year by having a private vacation in Norway. The pair were said to enjoy whale-watching and sunsets in the snow aside from seeing the Northen Lights.

Read more: Prince Harry Is 'Truly in Love' With Meghan Markle, Friends Believe They Will Get Engaged Soon

"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Tiddles88

Quote from: Curryong on January 12, 2017, 12:18:03 PM
^  As for Americanisms in the letter, Jason Knaupf the KP Communications Director, who seemingly composed it, is an American. That surely explains the 'fingerprints'.

I didn't know he was American, so I retract the "fingerprints" thing then. But, personally I suspect that the statement had more to do with Section 40 than true love anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

Eri

That's recap ... he starts dating a CHEATER who gives up her long time "husband" for Harry not for his looks but for who his father is she thinks she is living a come to life fairy tale until she finds out he is interested in a much younger MUCH MORE attractive brunette she unleashes all sorts of dramatics not to mention lawyers to get an ignorant statement ... true love you all ... true love ... fast forward to now she is still to be SEEN with him and having him behave like a proper boyfriend and she is still living in Toronto having her Daily parading for payed by her PR paps ... excuse me Yoga sessions ... not even close to a ring if you ask me ...

Cat00

I have no doubt that they will be at least engaged in 2017. Meghan is intelligent, mature, does humanitarian work, is articulate, knows how to deal with press, where will he find another like her? ... Harry is no longer a boy and the The fact that he has defended her is a clear sign that he is involved with her up to the neck

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: Yale on January 12, 2017, 05:15:14 AM
Quote from: TLLK on January 12, 2017, 02:48:38 AM

I have been told she can keep it and she would automatically be given UK citizenship too.
Will children have UK citizenship and American citizenship?