Norway-Birthdays and other personal milestones

Started by TLLK, August 18, 2019, 11:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Prss Ingrid-Alexandra chose what appeared to me to be semi-national dress on her graduation day. She looked lovely and I?m sure her parents are very proud. Wonder whether her boyfriend was there?

TLLK

Lovely photo of Ingrid Alexanda and her parents. Part of our trip took us to Norway's southern Fjords and at our various stops in port, I was surprised to see several stores that sold bunad (Norwegian national dress).

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Queen Sonja!   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on July 04, 2023, 10:29:16 PM
Happy, Joyous Birthday to Queen Sonja!   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

Yes, a very Happy birthday to this lovely Queen!

TLLK

TLLK

Happy 50th Birthday to Crown Prince Haakon.  :bday7:

TLLK

Family photos at the centre of Crown Prince Haakon?s birthday celebrations ? Royal Central

QuoteFamily photos were at the centre of Crown Prince Haakon?s 50th birthday celebrations.

The Crown Prince marked his 50th birthday on 20 July, and several family photos were released to mark the occasion on social media.

While the heir to the throne chose to celebrate his monumental day privately, the Royal Court released personal photos of the birthday man and his family on their Instagram account. Each image was taken by a different member of the Royal Family, including Prince Sverre Magnus and Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

All of the images were from the family?s holiday earlier this year to Finnmark, except the fourth one, which was from a trip Queen Sonja took with the Crown Prince?s family to the Skoltesamisk museum.

TLLK

:bday: Happy Belated 50th Birthday to Crown Princess Mette Marit.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit speaks of duty and hope in birthday interview ? Royal Central

QuoteCrown Princess Mette-Marit gave a wide-ranging interview with Norwegian broadcaster NRK to coincide with her 50th birthday. She spoke of her humble beginnings, how she?s adjusted to life in the Royal Family, and her hopes for the future.

As Norway?s Crown Princess, she said she has been inspired by the people she meets and the sense of community in her work.

?The fact that together we manage to find some values ​​in Norwegian society that we want to protect,? she said.

The balance between giving up a normal life and maintaining a public role weighs on Crown Princess Mette-Marit?s mind, but she said that ?you almost just have to factor it in? to this type of life and that being in the public eye is constant.

TLLK

TLLK

A joint summer birthday /wedding anniversary party  for the CP couple who both reached a milestone birthday this year. At the party TM the King and Queen of Norway, the CP couple, Princess Ingrid-Alexandra, Prince Sverre Magnus, Princess Martha Louise and Princess Astrid. Prince SM like so many teenage boys,  has had quite the growth spurt lately and has lost his round baby face.  :bday: :hearts:

Beelden | ANP Foto

Curryong

They all look happy and are enjoying being together, especially Haakon and MM! That cake looks absolutely delicious! And yes, both sister and brother have really grown up in the last few years, especially SM.

TLLK

Princess Martha Louise and Durek Verrett set their royal wedding date ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Martha Louise of Norway and Durek Verrett have revealed when they plan to marry.

The couple, who announced their engagement in 2022, have said their wedding will take place on August 31st 2024.

In a post on her Instagram, Princess Martha Louise also confirmed where they will make their vows. The marriage will be celebrated at the Hotel Union in Gerainger in western Norway.

The princess added ?we are incredibly happy to celebrate our love in Geiranger?s beautiful surroundings. It means a lot to us to gather our loved ones in a place that is so rich in history and intense natural experiences.?

By choosing an August wedding, Princess Martha Louise is following a family tradition. Her parents, King Harald and Queen Sonja, wed in that month as did her brother, Crown Prince Haakon, and sister-in-law, Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

As the date was announced, the King and Queen of Norway said ?We are excited to have Durek Verrett join the family and we look forward to celebrating the big day with them. We wish M?rtha and Durek all the best.?

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit also sent congratulations, saying ?We are happy for them and look forward to celebrating with them in Geiranger. We wish M?rtha, Durek and the girls all the best for the future.?

Curryong

I?m sure it will be a happy occasion for the bride and groom. However mid 2024 to me doesn?t scream that they are longing to be hitched. . I can?t see too many other royals turning up to this either, especially as it will not be a church ceremony. Maybe Scandis like Frederik and Victoria and Daniel?

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on September 13, 2023, 10:08:51 PM
I?m sure it will be a happy occasion for the bride and groom. However mid 2024 to me doesn?t scream that they are longing to be hitched. . I can?t see too many other royals turning up to this either, especially as it will not be a church ceremony. Maybe Scandis like Frederik and Victoria and Daniel?

@Curryong-Martha Louise and Ari's wedding had a large contingency of royals, but I expect this might be limited to maybe a few  of the Swedish or Danish families.

Curryong

Ari was himself a rather unusual character but M-L seems to have really outdone herself with this Shaman/conman. And the Ari wedding was many moons ago when the world was young! I wouldn?t be surprised to see Fred turn up as he was once quite close to M-L. The problem is, I suppose, that this is very much a secular wedding, maybe no Christian observances to be found, and at a hotel. Lovely surroundings apparently but I don?t know now, on second thoughts as to whether Victoria and Daniel will turn up or have other engagements.

TLLK

@Curryong-I would be surprised even if Frederik/Mary or Victoria/Daniel come to this wedding. I do not expect the Danish or Swedish monarchs to come at all.

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Prince Sverre Magnus!   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

TLLK

Happy  92nd Birthday  to Princess Astrid!  :bday10:

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Princess Astrid!   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: