The Norwegian Royal Family General News and Discussion

Started by TLLK, April 25, 2018, 08:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

As expected her interview claims were met with heavy criticism.

Princess M?rtha Louise?s accusations towards the Norwegian press meet heavy criticism ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess M?rtha Louise of Norway is once again at the centre of attention following on from a controversial interview with Swedish television over the weekend. The claim that received the most attention is the Princess? statement that the Norwegian press had acknowledged that they were complicit in the reasons why her ex-husband took his own life.

When asked whether the media was responsible for Ari Behn?s death in 2019, the Princess said: ?They said so themselves. His mental health depended a lot on him getting criticism in the media.

?But I am not saying it was anyone?s fault. It is always how you handle criticism.  The press took self-criticism after he died, that they were perhaps a little harsh towards him, and that he only received criticism and was actually a very nice person. They never said that when he was with me. Then he was just a peacock and arrogant for them.?

In response to the comments, the Norwegian press have United to release a statement criticising the comments made by the Princess.

Reidun Kjelling Nyb?, secretary general of the Norwegian Editors? Association, strongly disagrees with what was said in the STV interview.

She says: ?The way I interpret her, she largely blames the Norwegian media for Ari Behn taking his own life. It is deeply shocking, very unfair and completely undocumented. That is not true at all.?Nyb? continues: ?I note that the Princess mixes up critical statements from the media?s sources and the media themselves, and that she also makes it sound as if it is the media?s fault that she renounced her official duties last autumn. It is very serious and very startling that she chooses to shift all the blame onto the media in this way.?

The editor of the Norwegian republican newspaper Dagbladet has chosen to take his response even further.

He writes: ?M?rtha Louise is of course entitled to have her opinion of life in a privileged bubble that few of us are close to, and the press must listen to criticism from someone who has been in the media?s spotlight since she was born. It has undoubtedly affected someone who describes herself as hypersensitive. But even a princess can?t make up fairy tales and present them as alternative facts.?

Neither Princess  M?rtha Louise`s manager, the Norwegian Royal Court or the family of Ari Behn was wanted to comment since the interview was published.

TLLK

Queen Sonja hosts International Women's Day lunch at Royal Palace ? UFO No More

On Wednesday, Queen Sonja marked International Women?s Day by hosting a lunch with remarkable Norwegian women at the Royal Palace.

In her speech, Queen Sonja said: ?I myself think that being a woman in Norway today is different and better than it was 50 years ago. We've got a society where, to an even greater extent than before, there is room for both women and men, and to be a man and a woman as you wish. And you ? you who are sitting here today, have largely contributed to this. For this, we are all very grateful to you.?

TLLK

King Harald and Crown Prince Haakon participate in large NATO exercise ? Royal Central

QuoteKing Harald and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway participated in NATO exercises consisting of more than 20,000 NATO soldiers in Norway for an extensive winter exercise.

The King and Crown Prince received a briefing on the winter exercises in the north, and for the first time, they received the information in two different places.

Crown Prince Haakon received a briefing about the exercise from the ?Joint Viking? management at Bardufoss military airport. At the same time, King Harald received the same information from the defence staff at Akershus Fortress in Oslo. The pair receiving the same briefing at two locations has never been done before.

The Royal Court also confirmed another historic first, which was the Norwegian monarch taking part in a military exercise via video; the King received a briefing from the Chief of Defence via a link from the Sitsen military camp.

The aim of the meeting was for the Royal Family to be informed about the exercises taking place with NATO. It aligns with how the King, as the Supreme Commander and General of the Armed Forces, must be notified in the event of a war.

The half an hour exercise must be as similar as possible to a real war situation. The leader of the ?Joint Viking? exercise, Lieutenant General Yngve Odlo, led the meeting between the defence leadership and the Royal House.

At the meeting, Crown Prince Haakon was updated about the Norwegian-led NATO exercises. The ?Joint Viking? land exercise was not the only training; the British-led exercise ?Joint Warrior? also took place.

The maritime exercises meant that the Navy, Army and Air Defence worked together in northern Norway, providing an excellent opportunity for the various defence branches to train together. A total of 20,000 soldiers from eight allied NATO countries are involved.

TLLK

Durek Verrett and Princess M?rtha Louise to move permanently to Norway ? Royal Central

QuoteDurek Verrett, fiance of Princess M?rtha Louise, has revealed that he has plans to move permanently to Norway.

Durek Verrett recently spoke to Norwegian press in connection with the release of his new song together with the boy band ?The Jacketeers?. He revealed that he already lives half the time in Norway and half in Los Angeles, but he wants to move all the way to Norway to be with his family.

He went on to say that he and Princess M?rtha Louise have always agreed that the well-being of her three daughters is the most important thing. Their careers are taking off in Norway, so it doesn?t make sense to take them to Los Angeles. He would rather be where it is best for the girls and M?rtha. The couple has yet to set a date for the wedding, but their focus is on the children at the moment.

TLLK

The CP family had a photosession today at the start of their summer holiday. Prince  Sverre Magnus is now a bit taller than his father.

Login ? Instagram

Curryong

He is! Sverre Magnus used to play up a bit on public occasions, twirking and so on when he was young, but he?s really grown up lately.

TLLK

Princess Martha Louise will be participating in a reality show. Prinsesse M?rtha Louise, Jaget | M?rtha Louise gj?r reality-debut: ? Hadde flere nerv?se sammenbrudd

QuoteWednesday afternoon, Discovery presented its programme menu that will be on TV in the coming months, and the new show "Jaget" is one of the channel's ventures. For the first season, M?rtha Louise makes a surprising debut as a reality show contestant.

In "Jaget", eight celebrities will be hunted down by a team of professional investigators in true "cops and robbers" style. The participants must try to be on the run for ten days, without being caught and arrested.

M?rtha Louise tells Nettavisen that the reality debut has been emotional:
- It was nerve-wracking. I had several nervous breakdowns, says M?rtha Louise.

She adds that she had a lot of fun during the TV recording, and does not hide that she got carried away by the game, which at times was a psychological game.

- I got a little paranoid at times, admits M?rtha Louise.
On the princess's team was Tinashe Williamson (38), and M?rtha Louise says that she found a lot of comfort in her teammate.

Are the royal family going to watch "Jaget"?
- I have no idea. You have to ask them about that, replies the princess.

Curryong

I suppose M-L is doing this reality show thing in order to bring some money into the coffers. I don?t think Durek has been doing too much work in the last few months as he has apparently been quite ill. Kidney trouble certainly isn?t something you can shake off, and he?s lost weight.

All the same, M-L could have been so much more helpful to her birth family than she has been. Everybody has just got to hope that Queen Sonja?s health remains reasonable into her 90s and that M-M?s health improves a little.
It would be pretty dreadful if, in another few years CP Haakon is left to shoulder it all alone while Prss I-A tries to complete her tertiary education and some military training in order to be able to take over when she needs to as C Prss. I just can?t see any scenario myself in which her brother S-M won?t be required to undertake at least a few royal engagements per year until she has children old enough to be left. And let?s hope she finds and marries a Prince Daniel.

TLLK

@Curryong-I agree that scenario would be dreadful but it does seem quite possibly the future for the NRF due to the King and Queen's age, M-M's poor health and I-A's age.

In it's relatively short history, this is a royal house that has seen two monarchs become widowers during their reigns. Maud was 68 at the time of her death and Martha was 53.

PrincessOfPeace

King Harald, on holiday in Malaysia, has been admitted to hospital with an infection, the Norwegian royal court has announced:

https://x.com/MajestyMagazine/status/1762936908693328248?s=20

PrincessOfPeace

His Majesty The King had a temporary pacemaker implanted today at Hospital Sultanah Maliha in Langkawi. -

https://www.royalcourt.no/artikkel.html?tid=225495&sek=113027

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on March 02, 2024, 01:27:10 PMHis Majesty The King had a temporary pacemaker implanted today at Hospital Sultanah Maliha in Langkawi. -

https://www.royalcourt.no/artikkel.html?tid=225495&sek=113027

King Harald has been transported back in Oslo now. He is a very determined old man obviously but it's a pity that the Queen and his advisors didn't manage to dissuade him from travelling to Malaysia at his age and fragile state of health. He is to be hospitalised in Oslo of course and Princess I-A has been given leave from her military training to return to the capital to rejoin her parents and see her grandfather.

Curryong

Most of the close family members seem to have visited the King in hospital since he was flown back home, including Princesses Ingrid Alexandra and Martha Louise (though without her shaman!) King Harald seems to have a really strong constitution in spite of many health issues over the past decade, so a new pacemaker shouldn't present any problem. However I still hope that he reconsiders going on any far away foreign trips for the foreseeable future. Send CP Haakon instead for all the official ones and maybe Britain or France for holidays.

Nightowl

I agree with you about King Harald, he risks his life going that far all for a vacation. Not smart at all and his docs should of said something to him.  Life at his age and health is way to short to take those risks now.

sara8150

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/514808/king-harald-health-update-permanent-pacemaker/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1874267/king-harald-norway-health-latest

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/the-other-royal-family-caught-in-an-unwelcome-spotlight-after-an-unexpected-health-issue-197439/

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/02/europe/norway-king-harald-pacemaker-intl/index.html

Gert's Royals Twitter says
QuoteUpdate from Norway Palace:

King Harald's infection is under control, and the permanent pacemaker will likely be inserted early next week.

The King's general condition is satisfactory and improving.

QuoteYesterday was the first time since King Harald was hospitalized last Tuesday that the Norway Palace did not issue a press release concerning the King's health. (Daily updates are unusual for both Norway and Monarchies in general.)

Although, Crown Prince Haakon did speak to the press yesterday about the hospitalization.

I will kept you updated,posted and stay tuned from Norway Palace on King Harald's health and what his doctor says

Curryong

Hopefully King Harald will continue on the road to recovery. His spirit and constitution is strong. But please, Your Majesty, take future holidays in Germany, the UK or France. Your family have all visited and I'm sure that has raised your spirits.

sara8150

Update news from Norway Palace that King Harald successfully surgery

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1876544/king-harald-health-update-pacemaker
Article says monarch will stay in the hospital for few days but CP Haakon remain still duties for his father's

sara8150

Gert's Royals Twitter says

QuoteKing Harald of Norway's doctor gave a short press conference today after 1 hour surgery to install a permanent pacemaker.

He said surgery was not a major intervention. And that King Harald will remain in the hospital for a few days & then be on sick leave until after Easter.

QuoteKing Harald's doctor says that The king's condition was good when he went on holiday to Malaysia.

And that a risk assessment was carried out before the trip, where, among other things, the health services in the area were assessed.

Be praised the Malaysian hospital for taking good care of King Harald.

QuoteKing Harald of Norway is still listed on the Palace's online schedule as returning to official engagement on Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if that is not pushed out given that he is still expected to stay in the hospital a few more days and then will probably require some rest at home.

QuoteKing Harald of Norway had surgery to install a permanent pacemaker this morning.
The operation took place at Rikshospitalet Hospital in Norway and was successful.

King Harald will remain in the hospital a "few days."

Curryong

I believe the doctors also stated in their Press Conference at the hospital that King Harald had contracted an infection (unknown in origin) that may have affected his heart. That is at least part of the reason imo as to why they were so fulsome about the efficiency of the Malaysian doctors, as of course, any sort of an infection at the King's age is dangerous.

I'm very fond of Malaysia, one of my favourite hospital destinations. It's a country with First World infrastructures in many ways and loads of English speakers because of its past history. I'm so glad that they were able to assist the monarch who is high up in the list of my favourite Heads of State, especially now Queen Daisy has retired.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on March 12, 2024, 09:33:46 PMI believe the doctors also stated in their Press Conference at the hospital that King Harald had contracted an infection (unknown in origin) that may have affected his heart. That is at least part of the reason imo as to why they were so fulsome about the efficiency of the Malaysian doctors, as of course, any sort of an infection at the King's age is dangerous.

I'm very fond of Malaysia, one of my favourite hospital destinations. It's a country with First World infrastructures in many ways and loads of English speakers because of its past history. I'm so glad that they were able to assist the monarch who is high up in the list of my favourite Heads of State, especially now Queen Daisy has retired.

You're right about that

PrincessOfPeace

Easter greetings: King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway with Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus at Bygdø Kongsgård, outside Oslo. 📷 Norwegian Royal Court:

https://x.com/MajestyMagazine/status/1772996871499239526?s=20

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Martha Louise has pre-wedding fallout with her future mother-in-law: Norwegian royal blasts claims by her shaman fiancé's mother that he grew up poor and insists he was 'one of the richest kids in school' and was raised in a $3m property -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13314535/princess-martha-louise-durek-varrett-hits-richest-kid-school.html

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 16, 2024, 07:36:03 PMPrincess Martha Louise has pre-wedding fallout with her future mother-in-law: Norwegian royal blasts claims by her shaman fiancé's mother that he grew up poor and insists he was 'one of the richest kids in school' and was raised in a $3m property -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13314535/princess-martha-louise-durek-varrett-hits-richest-kid-school.html

Re Durek's family wealth —- is that what Prss M-L knows from independent sources, ie family members, childhood friends etc, or from her shaman fiancé's own lips? Because if it's just his word....?

M-L and Durek are so strange and eccentric as a couple it's hard to know who told   her what and when. Though you would think that his mother would know the financial circumstances of her own son's childhood.