Napoleon I: All you need to know

Started by LouisFerdinand, June 04, 2016, 12:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

All You Need To Know About Napolean Bonaparte - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

On the island of Elba Napoleon had olive trees and chestnut trees planted to check erosion on the mountain slopes above the iron mines.

LouisFerdinand

In 1812 Napoleon set out for Dresden taking Empress Marie Louise with him. He had her surrounded with large numbers of attendants. He saw to it that the Empress was dressed most expensively, glittering with jewels so as to impress the allied leaders gathered in Dresden.   
:mask1: :mask1: :mask1: :mask1: :mask1:

LouisFerdinand

In order to dismantle the Holy Roman Empire, Napoleon I created the Confederation of the Rhine.

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

The abdication of Napoleon I at Fontainebleau on April 20, 1814   
The abdication of Napoleon to the Imperial Guard at Fontainebleau, 20 Stock Photo: 83348486 - Alamy     

:xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4:

LouisFerdinand

Napoleon and Josephine decided that Josephine's daughter Hortense could marry Napoleon's brother Louis Bonaparte. Hortense and Louis were married on January 4, 1802 by the Archbishop of Milan in the house in the rue de la Victoire, which Napoleon gave to them as a wedding present.

LouisFerdinand

At the suggestion of Tsar Alexander I of Russia, Napoleon was named sovereign of the island of Elba.

LouisFerdinand

Emperor Napoleon I wanted his brother Lucien to divorce his wife Alexandrine Jouberthon. Instead Lucien and Alexandrine went to England. Lucien bought a country estate, Thorngrove, in Worcestershire.

LouisFerdinand

Napoleon I despatched his stepson Eugene de Beauharnais to the Austrian embassy in Paris to ask for the hand of Archduchess Marie Louise. Napoleon indicated that a decision should be made immediately and the contract signed within 24 hours.   

:xmas17: :xmas17: :xmas17: :xmas17:

LouisFerdinand

In 1807 Napoleon went to see a possible bride, Eugene de Beauharnais' sister-in-law, Princess Charlotte of Bavaria.   
Napoleon returned, having struck her off the list as unsuitable.