Margaret, a very contrary Princess

Started by Stix Chix, June 30, 2007, 12:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stix Chix

A very contrary Princess - why did the charming Margaret turn into the most unpopular royal?--Daily Mail

i always thought Margaret was fascinating. :Royal:

i wish there were more/better biographes written about her.  i've only ever found one and it was a complete hatchet job.

Harryite #0004

Lila the Flirt

I think she's just had too many disappointments in life. It's sad.

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

heather

I had no time for Margaret, she was a very spoiled woman, who made her own choices. She could have married Townsend, but chose not to.
   She had the very bad habit of treating other people as serfs of a sort, although she could be charming when she wanted something.

She wasted her life, when she could have done so much for others.

Sorry, I do wish I had something positive to say about her.

fawbert

Quote from: Lila the Flirt on June 30, 2007, 01:25:36 PM
I think she's just had too many disappointments in life. It's sad.

Margaret's supposed depressions and disappointments are much exaggerated. She loved life...
Fawbert

heather

She had a great time at parties and enjoyed lots of holidays abroad.

hippie_cyndi

Quote from: heather on June 30, 2007, 11:53:14 PM
  I had no time for Margaret, she was a very spoiled woman, who made her own choices. She could have married Townsend, but chose not to.
   She had the very bad habit of treating other people as serfs of a sort, although she could be charming when she wanted something.

She wasted her life, when she could have done so much for others.

Sorry, I do wish I had something positive to say about her.

what a strange way 2 dislike s/o.....not because she harmed you.....brought shamed 2 the monarchy's constitution....heck even committed a crime.....but bc she did not marry a man the media claims was the love of her life......true or not.....and whatever gossip follows.....mostly constructed by the media :shrug:
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

heather

I didn't say I disliked her, I said I had no time for her, she made very little impact on me or the nation in general.
  She could have married Peter, she chose not to give up her title.
   Personally I think she should have followed her heart.

Lila the Flirt

I didn't know Margaret. I wasn't alive at her finest. It was just an opinion but hey, if that's what she is :shrug:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

fawbert

Quote from: heather on June 30, 2007, 11:53:14 PM
  I had no time for Margaret, she was a very spoiled woman

Very spoilt by her own father George VI. I love ths story of how, at the State opening of parliament, he allowed her to wear the imperial state crown in the robing room..
Fawbert

heather

Her father, the late King, said he would spoil Margaret, since she wasn't needed for the throne.
   She was a very high spirited child, who was quite delightful, but her sister, thank goodness was our future Queen.
   I think Margaret was quite highly strung, which is not a good trait to have if you are to be a monarch.

LouisFerdinand

I like the fact that the article expressed Margaret brought delight in the life of King George VI.     
Margaret had a hard role. Not only was she the second daughter, but she was the second in line to the throne after Elizabeth once George VI was King.

amabel

What's so terrible about that??? Hard role indeed.  She was immensely rich and privileged, she had loving parents and a secure home..